Posted By: Strutz
Date: 2020-09-19 21:47:22

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:12 pm

$1:
Trump offered strong support for the deal he said would create 25,000 U.S. jobs. "I have given the deal my blessing," Trump said. "I approve the deal in concept."

A rather odd choice in words of approval. Seriously... "blessing"?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:42 pm

Bloomberg Trump Wants $5 Billion From TikTok Deal for History Project

$1:
President Donald Trump said Saturday he wants $5 billion from companies creating a new U.S.-based TikTok venture directed toward teaching American children “the real history of our country.”

Trump on history:

$1:
He's also expressed a fondness for President Andrew Jackson, at one point suggesting that, had Old Hickory come around "a little later, you wouldn't have had the Civil War." In early February, at a breakfast to mark the beginning of African-American History Month, he shouted out 19th century abolitionist Frederick Douglass, who died more than 120 years ago, as "an example of somebody who's done an amazing job and is being recognized more and more, I notice."

Trump: (The Paris trip) was beautiful. We toured the museum, we went to Napoleon's tomb ... Well, Napoleon finished a little bit bad. ... And his one problem is he didn't go to Russia that night because he had extracurricular activities, and they froze to death. How many times has Russia been saved by the weather?

Trump: Same thing happened to Hitler. Not for that reason, though. Hitler wanted to consolidate. He was all set to walk in. But he wanted to consolidate, and it went and dropped to 35 degrees below zero, and that was the end of that army. ... But the Russians have great fighters in the cold. They use the cold to their advantage.

Trump: I heard that because I said -- it could have been a little slip-up in terms of what I said -- I meant, for the time in office, five months and couple of weeks, I think I've done more than anyone else. They may have taken it as more than anyone else, period. ... But I'm talking about for my time. I heard that Harry Truman was first, and then we beat him.

Trump: And nothing was changed other than Richard Nixon came along. And when Nixon came along [inaudible] was pretty brutal, and out of courtesy, the FBI started reporting to the Department of Justice. But there was nothing official, there was nothing from Congress. There was nothing -- anything. But the FBI person really reports directly to the president of the United States, which is interesting. You know, which is interesting. And I think we're going to have a great new FBI director.