bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:22 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
If the Western Canadian Basin was still pumping out high quality light crude like it did in the 60s, 70s and 80s, we'd have everyone lined up to buy it, even with US shale. That oil was far cheaper than shale and sold by a western nation. Do you ever hear of oil from Norway or the UK getting protested like oil sands oil? Or Newfoundland's offshore oil?

Of course not, because it isn't heavy oil.

Bullspit. Where are the protests against the Utah oil sands production, or Kentucky's oil sands production, or California's bitumen production? Then there's Mexico, Brazil, Russia, Kazakhstan, Indonesia, China, Columbia, Ecuador, Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Chad and Angola who ALL have active heavy oil production. And yet for some reason, only Canada isn't allowed to have a viable heavy oil industry. Why is that?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:03 am

Because we have no say in what those countries do?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:02 am

Tricks Tricks:

Canada's oil sands are being fucked over due to international pressure. No other country's heavy oil production has taken the planned out shit kicking that Canada got.
Why would Hollyweird cultists come to Alberta to whine and bitch about heavy oil when they can just stick their heads out their own back doors to whine and bitch about California's heavy oil production? Did you hear about any of those stunned twats protesting Utah's or Kentucky's oil sands? No? Gee, I wonder why.

Funny how Trump got accused of protectionism and yet that's exactly what Obama did and Biden is doing by scrapping the KXL. CLEARLY it's got nothing to do with Alberta's "dirty oil" or else Biden would shut down the Utah and Kentucky oil sands and California's bitumen production, nor would Obama have allowed Utah's oil sands to be exploited in the first place.

The direction of dirty Canadian oil sands production. Image

Apparently clean, emissions-free, non-carbon intensive American oil sands production. Image

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:17 pm

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
Tricks Tricks:

Canada's oil sands are being fucked over due to international pressure. No other country's heavy oil production has taken the planned out shit kicking that Canada got.
Why would Hollyweird cultists come to Alberta to whine and bitch about heavy oil when they can just stick their heads out their own back doors to whine and bitch about California's heavy oil production? Did you hear about any of those stunned twats protesting Utah's or Kentucky's oil sands? No? Gee, I wonder why.

Funny how Trump got accused of protectionism and yet that's exactly what Obama did and Biden is doing by scrapping the KXL. CLEARLY it's got nothing to do with Alberta's "dirty oil" or else Biden would shut down the Utah and Kentucky oil sands and California's bitumen production, nor would Obama have allowed Utah's oil sands to be exploited in the first place.

So you're mad that other countries aren't protesting their environment destroying practices while parts of Canada are protesting Canada's environment destroying practices?

Would you prefer Canada stop protesting or those other countries start protesting their own?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:45 pm

Still one of the silliest arguments on the Net... why would I clean up my act when he isn't.

That argument never worked when I tried it with my parents.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:36 pm

By and large Alberta's "act" is as clean as a freshly washed dinner plate compared to every other one of the major oil producers across the world, including our pals on the other side of the 49th. If the Canadian O&G sector were centered mostly in Ontario or Quebec, instead of unfortunately being located in one of the "miscellaneous" provinces, none of this sector-wide collapse would have been allowed to happen. And the climate change talk coming out of the federal government would be a bare fraction of what it is today.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:30 pm

Thanos Thanos:
By and large Alberta's "act" is as clean as a freshly washed dinner plate compared to every other one of the major oil producers across the world, including our pals on the other side of the 49th. If the Canadian O&G sector were centered mostly in Ontario or Quebec, instead of unfortunately being located in one of the "miscellaneous" provinces, none of this sector-wide collapse would have been allowed to happen. And the climate change talk coming out of the federal government would be a bare fraction of what it is today.

But...but... we in Ontario are the center of the universe and share an event horizon with the singularity called Quebec. /s

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:05 pm

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
bootlegga bootlegga:
If the Western Canadian Basin was still pumping out high quality light crude like it did in the 60s, 70s and 80s, we'd have everyone lined up to buy it, even with US shale. That oil was far cheaper than shale and sold by a western nation. Do you ever hear of oil from Norway or the UK getting protested like oil sands oil? Or Newfoundland's offshore oil?

Of course not, because it isn't heavy oil.

Bullspit. Where are the protests against the Utah oil sands production, or Kentucky's oil sands production, or California's bitumen production? Then there's Mexico, Brazil, Russia, Kazakhstan, Indonesia, China, Columbia, Ecuador, Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Chad and Angola who ALL have active heavy oil production. And yet for some reason, only Canada isn't allowed to have a viable heavy oil industry. Why is that?

You mean like this?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/ ... -1.3187006

Or this group:

http://www.tarsandsresist.org/

I'm sure I could find similar groups protesting other oilsands projects in other developed countries if I had the time to search for them, but I have work to do. Certainly groups like Greenpeace and Extinction Rebellion hold protests across the globe against all fossil fuel use, not just the oilsands.

Regarding the ridiculous argument vis-à-vis about protests in dictatorships such as Saudi Arabia, Russia, China, et al, I'll just rebut with "Would you prefer living in a dictatorship like those countries?"

If that answer is no, then it has no relevance. If it is yes, then there's nothing for you or I to discuss really.