Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:02 pm

One thing I'd be interested in is exactly how many violent crimes in this country are actually committed by those kinds of long guns. If Statistics Canada doesn't track that, then the RCMP probably would.

Marc Lépine's rampage was used to justify Chretien's gun registry, and that cowardly shitstain deserved to tried, convicted and become a perpetual centerfold in Modern Prison Bride magazine. I'm wondering, though, just how common the usage of his weapon was.

We don't have the same gun culture up here that exists in the U.S. Just as every single conservative Albertan I've ever asked has, without fail, supported public health care, they also support the registration of handguns Trudeau Senior set up in 1976, even if they hated Chretien's long gun registry.

And if most of those long guns are used by rural people for hunting and/or pest control, how much good is this ban actually going to do?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:15 pm

JaredMilne JaredMilne:
One thing I'd be interested in is exactly how many violent crimes in this country are actually committed by those kinds of long guns. If Statistics Canada doesn't track that, then the RCMP probably would.

The RCMP and other police forces don't release that data, if they do keep track of it.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/ ... f-canadas/

We don't need to know, we only need to believe what they say. Trust them.

JaredMilne JaredMilne:
Marc Lépine's rampage was used to justify Chretien's gun registry, and that cowardly shitstain deserved to tried, convicted and become a perpetual centerfold in Modern Prison Bride magazine. I'm wondering, though, just how common the usage of his weapon was.

Cretien did not however make the rifle Lapine used, illegal. It's been legal until Trudeau finally banned it. It was the Mini-14. It has exactly the same ammunition and rate of fire as an AR-15, it just doesn't look like an AR-15.

JaredMilne JaredMilne:
And if most of those long guns are used by rural people for hunting and/or pest control, how much good is this ban actually going to do?

No, most of the rural people use a 22/303 or a 30/30 for pest control. Big pests. Small pests just get a .22lr.

Restricted class of weapons could only be used at a firing range, never for hunting or pest control. But a 22/303 is more than capable of killing a person. That's the rub. If it can kill a deer, it can kill a person. You can never ban all the guns, and let people still hunt.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:10 pm

You miss the fact that many are killed by firearms that are justified killings, sorry sometimes people DO deserve to die...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:22 pm

That someone would even think that should be grounds to disqualify them from owning a firearm. :roll:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:42 pm

Tell that to the hundreds that defend lives with them.. I don’t expect someone you to remotely understand

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:39 am

uwish uwish:
Tell that to the hundreds that defend lives with them.. I don’t expect someone you to remotely understand

With these hundreds of people being shot in defence of others, you'd think the police would have reported a thing like that.

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/pub/85- ... 10-eng.htm

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:36 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
JaredMilne JaredMilne:

The RCMP and other police forces don't release that data, if they do keep track of it.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/ ... f-canadas/

We don't need to know, we only need to believe what they say. Trust them.

JaredMilne JaredMilne:

Cretien did not however make the rifle Lapine used, illegal. It's been legal until Trudeau finally banned it. It was the Mini-14. It has exactly the same ammunition and rate of fire as an AR-15, it just doesn't look like an AR-15.

JaredMilne JaredMilne:

No, most of the rural people use a 22/303 or a 30/30 for pest control. Big pests. Small pests just get a .22lr.

Restricted class of weapons could only be used at a firing range, never for hunting or pest control. But a 22/303 is more than capable of killing a person. That's the rub. If it can kill a deer, it can kill a person. You can never ban all the guns, and let people still hunt.

I used to hunt groundhogs with the Mini-14. I only ever found half of the little bastards after I shot them. It was a good farm gun, the .223 had enough oompf to deal with most threats and pest you'd normally encounter.

As for the rate of fire, that's misleading. It's a semi-auto, so sure it has the same rate of fire as an AR, same as every other semi-auto. It fires as fast as your finger can squeeze the trigger.

Prohibition and bans don't work. This is punishing the law abiding for the actions of criminals.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:41 am

llama66 llama66:
Prohibition and bans don't work. This is punishing the law abiding for the actions of criminals.

Yup. As we've seen, criminals will just set up machine shops to make the weapons they need. What's next, banning raw steel?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:42 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
uwish uwish:

With these hundreds of people being shot in defence of others, you'd think the police would have reported a thing like that.

That includes police...

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:00 am

uwish uwish:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
uwish uwish:

That includes police...

So, police do deserve to kill people? How does Trudeau's gun ban stop police from owning restricted weapons, or killing civilians? Or, as we've seen, other police? [huh]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:23 am

Gun bans don't do that though. Gun bans affect the only the law abiding. We both know that zero criminals will go "better turn in my gun". This is what laws are for, you commit an offence with a firearm, you lose the privilege to own firearms. You should not lose the privilege to own a firearm because others have misused it in the past. If we use that logic and apply it to something else, like car ownership... I'm sure none of you would be thrilled if you lost your car because some idiot killed a bunch of people with it.

Prohibition is ineffective.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:36 am

llama66 llama66:
Gun bans don't do that though. Gun bans affect the only the law abiding. We both know that zero criminals will go "better turn in my gun". This is what laws are for, you commit an offence with a firearm, you lose the privilege to own firearms. You should not lose the privilege to own a firearm because others have misused it in the past. If we use that logic and apply it to something else, like car ownership... I'm sure none of you would be thrilled if you lost your car because some idiot killed a bunch of people with it.

Good analogy.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:03 pm

llama66 llama66:

R=UP

-J.