canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:31 am

Title: Former prime minister Jean Chrétien part of secretive project to store nuclear waste in Labrador, emails show
Category: Environmental
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2021-04-01 07:19:30
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 7:31 am

So, we sell Uranium to other countries. Why does that make us responsible for their waste?

Are we then responsible to capture and store other countries emmissions from hydrocarbons?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 8:20 am

JC, what about putting it across the border in your own province? Surely, you have more political contacts there?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:09 am

It's not a 'secret project' if even I have known about it for days. But, Chretien will probably go tell the media that there's no proof of this ever going to happen, because
"The proof is the proof. And when you have good proof, it is because it's proven."

-J.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:35 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
It's not a 'secret project' if even I have known about it for days. But, Chretien will probably go tell the media that there's no proof of this ever going to happen, because
"The proof is the proof. And when you have good proof, it is because it's proven."

I miss that mangled English. He used it brilliantly when in tight spots.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:40 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Wait until we’re a territory:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfound ... -1.5753353

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:39 am

I could see Labrador as a territory, but not both Labrador and Newfoundland. If anything, Labrador should split from Newfoundland and be it's own territory or province.

Problem is, no one takes either seriously. Most of Canada sees how Newfoundland runs itself and laughs. Most Newfies end up going elsewhere in Canada for prosperity. I used to work with a crew of Newfies, and most of them (while being proud Newfoundlanders) often complained about how 'The Rock' is run and how people across Canada view them.

Most of the Newfies I've encountered are hard working and jovial. But, like a lot of Canadians, I just shrug when someone mentions Newfoundland because it always seems to be the world's biggest gong show out there.

-J.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:49 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
I could see Labrador as a territory, but not both Labrador and Newfoundland. If anything, Labrador should split from Newfoundland and be it's own territory or province.

Problem is, no one takes either seriously. Most of Canada sees how Newfoundland runs itself and laughs. Most Newfies end up going elsewhere in Canada for prosperity. I used to work with a crew of Newfies, and most of them (while being proud Newfoundlanders) often complained about how 'The Rock' is run and how people across Canada view them.

Most of the Newfies I've encountered are hard working and jovial. But, like a lot of Canadians, I just shrug when someone mentions Newfoundland because it always seems to be the world's biggest gong show out there.

-J.

Many Newfoundlanders (not Newfies, Jaysus B’y!) don’t leave and there’s plenty to laugh at in the way Canada is run elsewhere too. The province would look more like others in the rest of the country if it had a big city. It’s basically the same as any other part of outback Canada with many of the same problems. In its favour, it’s the friendliest place this immigrant has ever lived in. If I do have to depart for ‘Upalong’ or back to Europe, I will always miss it.

Last edited by Sunnyways on Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:31 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
So, we sell Uranium to other countries. Why does that make us responsible for their waste?

Are we then responsible to capture and store other countries emmissions from hydrocarbons?

It doesn't, and no.

But what does it matter? The only people who'd probably be impacted would the Natives and other rural people who live out there, right?

I mean, it's not like there could be consequences for ranchers, hunters, fishermen or anyone who works in the tourism industry?

Get serious.

/s

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:39 pm

Killer Mutant Moose... 8O