bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:22 pm

xerxes xerxes:
The town of Mayfield, KY was absolutely ravaged by one of the tornado's form that storm system.

Wow, what a monster!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:13 pm

Scape Scape:
Building codes are going to be changed as a result of this and Amazon is going to be made accountable for not doing the bare minimum. Shelters will be required.

You'd think storm shelters would be mandatory for businesses in Tornado Alley. Hell, Denver International Airport has them...and they're not even in Tornado Alley.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:15 pm

Like I said, bare minimum. Jeff should pay thru the nose on this.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:52 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
The policy was temporary withdrawn for Covid. Still it seems like there was warning of this, so there'll be questions as to why workers were left exposed.

Answer: the gears of capitalism are oiled by the blood of the workers.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:06 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
xerxes xerxes:
The town of Mayfield, KY was absolutely ravaged by one of the tornado's form that storm system.

Wow, what a monster!

I think the footage of the tornado I posted was the one that went on a 200+ mile path of destruction. Which is insane. Think of how much energy that storm had to sustain a tornado of that ferocity over such a long distance. 8O

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:55 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
Scape Scape:
Building codes are going to be changed as a result of this and Amazon is going to be made accountable for not doing the bare minimum. Shelters will be required.

You'd think storm shelters would be mandatory for businesses in Tornado Alley. Hell, Denver International Airport has them...and they're not even in Tornado Alley.

No kidding! Shit, you'd think a company as big and ridiculously wealthy as Amazon would have had measures in place, especially in this area that is prone to tornadoes.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:32 am

xerxes xerxes:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:
xerxes xerxes:

Wow, what a monster!

I think the footage of the tornado I posted was the one that went on a 200+ mile path of destruction. Which is insane. Think of how much energy that storm had to sustain a tornado of that ferocity over such a long distance. 8O

When people say in the aftermath 'it looks like a nuclear bomb went off', they are vastly underrating the power of a storm. It has hundreds or thousands of times the power of a nuclear weapon.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:20 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
When people say in the aftermath 'it looks like a nuclear bomb went off', they are vastly underrating the power of a storm. It has hundreds or thousands of times the power of a nuclear weapon.

I still vividly recall the destruction and chaos from the F-4 that hit Edmonton in 1987, though this documentary shows it much better than I ever could describe it:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:32 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

I still vividly recall the destruction and chaos from the F-4 that hit Edmonton in 1987, though this documentary shows it much better than I ever could describe it:

Still brings up bad memories. My Uncle-in-law was a trucker for Byers, and was trapped in his truck in the building that collapsed on top of people working there. He was trapped for almost a day, and it took a few months to recover.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:01 pm

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:34 pm

My wife’s cousin and family live in Mayfield. Thankfully they are all ok .

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:54 pm

fifeboy fifeboy:
My wife’s cousin and family live in Mayfield. Thankfully they are all ok .

Wow that's fantastic news for your family.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:02 pm

OMG.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator