canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:17 pm

Exclusive: So many Canadian fighters in Ukraine, they have their own battalion, source says
$1:
The International Legion for the Territorial Defence of Ukraine says the 550 would-be fighters from Canada are based in Kyiv
So many citizens of Canada have shown up in Ukraine to fight for the country’s new foreign legion, the organization has set up a separate Canadian battalion, says a Ukrainian government source.

Trudeau promises surveillance gear to Ukraine, invites Zelensky to address Parliament

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:28 pm

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:45 pm

The thing I hate about his videos is they suddenly

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:59 pm

This government will never spend more on the military.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:01 pm

A captured Russian T-72B3 tankImage

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 3:27 pm

TDPS update on war

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 4:36 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
Thanos Thanos:
And for the entirety of two years of COVID, despite the cratering oil price of 2020, the fuel prices in Canada never went much below $1.30 in most of Canada. Not even when the price was at it's lowest ever at minus $20 per barrel. I get that they needed to keep the gas price artificially high given that it was their only existing source of revenue for most of 2020. But they could have at least tossed us a bone or two over the course of 2021 with a few price wars here & there at the gas stations when the price per barrel had more than recovered.

I can't speak for most of Canada, but it was near or under 99 cents/litre for most of 2020 and part of 2021 here in Edmonton.

I read or heard on the radio that Calgary hasn't had a price war of any significance for well over two years. Our prices in late 2019 were around 1.05 from what I remember. Then a couple of months into COVID they shot up into the 1.30 range and stayed there for the longest time, with no discounts from the gas stations happening anywhere in town. When the war erupted the price went up to 1.54 and then again up to 1.67 several days ago.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:08 pm

My emotional side really wants to see the air power of the United States & NATO do to that fucking Russian column the exact same thing they did to the Iraqi one that retreated from Kuwait in 1991. And my logical side that says doing so would be a really bad idea is rapidly losing ground to my emotional side.

Bart really liked this quote that I posted more than a few times during the previous wars.....

$1:
Stonewall Jackson was outraged. His entire body shook in anger as he looked around him at what had been done to the city of Fredericksburg. He saw the pianos and the works of art and the crystal chandeliers smashed and ruined on the streets. He saw elegant furniture that had been wantonly vandalized and the remains of elegant, leather-bound books that had been burned for kindling. But it was the churches – the churches – that infuriated him most. Houses of God were pocked with bullet holes and charred by cannon shot. This was a crime against God – a despicable blasphemy – and it very nearly made him weep.

Dr. McGuire, who was seldom far from Jackson’s side, shook his head in revulsion. “What can we do about this kind of barbaric behavior?”

Jackson’s voice trembled. “Kill them,” he said. “Kill them all.”

:evil:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6416 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 65  66  67  68  69  70  71 ... 428  Next