CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:01 am

xerxes xerxes:
Scape Scape:

'Surprise move': U.S. stunned by Poland's fighter jet offer
$1:
“We do not believe Poland’s proposal is a tenable one,” Defense Department spokesperson John Kirby said.

So I remember last week the Us was trying to make this deal happen. And now that the Poles have finally agreed to it, the deal is off? I mean, I get why it's off but this is just silly. Send the planes to Sweden first or Finland. That should keep up the veneer of neutrality.

I have a feeling the deal would have been on if they didn't fucking talk about it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:02 am

Scape Scape:
I posted this previous but in case you missed it:

NATO chief warns Russia away from attacking supply lines supporting Ukraine

We are DIRECTLY supporting a war zone. ONE air strike and we are at war. Your god dam right we are at defcon 2. America vetoed the Polish proposal to fly their Mig-29s to a U.S. base in Germany – because we knew it risked WW3.

The Poles knew the same thing. Why didn't they care?

What's the fundamental difference between supplying aircraft and supplying rockets/weapons/etc?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:35 am

Tricks Tricks:
Scape Scape:

?

The site itself says defcon 3.

https://www.defconlevel.com/current-level.php

Not sure what you are seeing, but I see:

$1:
What Is DEFCON 2 Or "Fast Pace" Warning Level?

DEFCON 2, or Fast Pace, is a red colored condition level similar to a 'red alert' warning level status. Defcon 2 means we are at the next step to war or a nuclear threat. During this alert level the United States Armed Forces are ready and prepared to ship out in 6 hours time or less, hence the name "Fast Pace".

Defcon 2, or Fast Pace is the second highest condition level in the warning system, with only alert level 1 being higher. The alert status may be changed to this level after intelligence findings indicate a risk for an impending attack, such as the case in the Cuban missile crisis in 1962 when the alert status was changed to Fast Pace for the Strategic Air Command.

Defcon 2, or Fast Pace has been reached only once for the SAC, or strategic air command during the cold war Cuban missile crisis in October 26, 1962 after soviet missile pads were found in Cuba, but changed to alert level 3 after a short time.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:38 am

$1:
The current overall Defcon level OSINT (Open Source Intelligence) estimate is now Defcon level 3. After assessing the situation with Russia and their forces being set to a higher nuclear deterrence level, we have set our overall alert level back to three for the time being. Confused about what we do? Read the FAQ on our About Page.

We don't believe the current situation warrants a two quite yet. Russian President Vladimir Putin has now ordered Russia's nuclear deterrent forces on alert in response to Western sanctions and rising tensions over Putin's invasion on Ukraine. Taken from Defcon Level Warning System: https://www.defconlevel.com/current-level.php

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:46 am

Tricks Tricks:
Scape Scape:
I posted this previous but in case you missed it:

NATO chief warns Russia away from attacking supply lines supporting Ukraine

We are DIRECTLY supporting a war zone. ONE air strike and we are at war. Your god dam right we are at defcon 2. America vetoed the Polish proposal to fly their Mig-29s to a U.S. base in Germany – because we knew it risked WW3.

The Poles knew the same thing. Why didn't they care?

What's the fundamental difference between supplying aircraft and supplying rockets/weapons/etc?

The supplier of guns and ammunition doesn't control how that equipment is used, and it can be used for defensive purposes. Anti-tank rockets and anti-aircraft missiles generally are used to repel an invading force. They generally can't be used directly for offensive purposes, like bombing military targets. But aircraft, tanks, and soldiers can be used for offensive purposes, and changes the 3rd party supplier to a participant in the conflict.

That's also why volunteers from outside Ukraine are generally regarded as 'mercenaries', because if they were serving soldiers, then the supplying country would be considered part of the war. Also why no one bought Russias' explanation of soldiers and equipment being 'on leave' when they invaded Crimea as credible.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 8:47 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Tricks Tricks:
Scape Scape:

?

The site itself says defcon 3.

https://www.defconlevel.com/current-level.php

Not sure what you are seeing, but I see:

$1:
What Is DEFCON 2 Or "Fast Pace" Warning Level?

DEFCON 2, or Fast Pace, is a red colored condition level similar to a 'red alert' warning level status. Defcon 2 means we are at the next step to war or a nuclear threat. During this alert level the United States Armed Forces are ready and prepared to ship out in 6 hours time or less, hence the name "Fast Pace".

Defcon 2, or Fast Pace is the second highest condition level in the warning system, with only alert level 1 being higher. The alert status may be changed to this level after intelligence findings indicate a risk for an impending attack, such as the case in the Cuban missile crisis in 1962 when the alert status was changed to Fast Pace for the Strategic Air Command.

Defcon 2, or Fast Pace has been reached only once for the SAC, or strategic air command during the cold war Cuban missile crisis in October 26, 1962 after soviet missile pads were found in Cuba, but changed to alert level 3 after a short time.

Now it switched to 3. :/

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 9:44 am

Russia absconds with leased jets worth $10 billion to elude EU sanctions

Yea, companies don't like those sort of shenanigans. Good luck getting deals like that again!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:33 pm

$1:
Scott Kelly
@StationCDRKelly

Господин Медведев, я возвращаю Вам российскую медаль “За заслуги в освоении космоса», которую вы мне вручили. Пожалуйста, отдайте его русской матери, чей сын погиб в этой несправедливой войне. Я отправлю медаль по почте в посольство России в Вашингтоне. Удачи.

Mr. Medvedev, I am returning to you the Russian medal "For Merit in Space Exploration", which you presented to me. Please give it to a Russian mother whose son died in this unjust war. I will mail the medal to the Russian embassy in Washington. Good luck.

https://twitter.com/StationCDRKelly/sta ... 2169868293

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:46 pm

US Army Patriot missile batteries moving to Poland

Dutch to send Patriot missiles to Slovakia

I also heard but can't confirm Germany will be sending Patriots to Romania.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:52 pm

Thanos Thanos:
And for the entirety of two years of COVID, despite the cratering oil price of 2020, the fuel prices in Canada never went much below $1.30 in most of Canada. Not even when the price was at it's lowest ever at minus $20 per barrel. I get that they needed to keep the gas price artificially high given that it was their only existing source of revenue for most of 2020. But they could have at least tossed us a bone or two over the course of 2021 with a few price wars here & there at the gas stations when the price per barrel had more than recovered.

I can't speak for most of Canada, but it was near or under 99 cents/litre for most of 2020 and part of 2021 here in Edmonton.

Thanos Thanos:
That they didn't shows that it's been two whole years of price gouging. And now it's so bad that it runs the risk of triggering a recession. The summer travelling season will be dead for a third year in a row, but not due to COVID but from the fuel price being so bad that no one will be hitting the road for family vacations or tourism. This pisses me off. I don't want the feds doing anything like artificial price controls because those can cause way too much damage. That doesn't mean they can't do things like, say, tell the oil companies that they want 100% of a storage tank farm full of oil or gasoline to be sold at the price that was the day the tank was filled. Y'know, not jacking up the price of gasoline made from a storage tank full of oil that was at $100 a barrel, not at $130. Enforce that every single litre of fuel from a tank is sold at the corresponding oil price from the day the tank was filled with crude.

This is an excellent point - on March 1, a barrel of WCS was $76.75, today it is $105.60, and I'm sure it'll go up tomorrow too. I wouldn't be surprised if the oil companies will make hundreds of millions, if not billions of dollars because of these huge jumps between when oil is refined and the time it takes in getting to gas stations.

Thanos Thanos:
Gotta do these things to the oil companies every once in a while, just to get their attention in case they have any grand ideas about price gouging. That and to also get some fun listening to the outraged squealing coming from the likes of Jason Kenney, who would no doubt start ranting about "unjustifiable interference in the natural free market!" again if such a thing were done. :x

R=UP

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6416 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 64  65  66  67  68  69  70 ... 428  Next