canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:07 pm

The extremists HATE moderation but you can't have a platform without it otherwise the ads are GONE. This is a simple binary choice and has nothing to do with ideology. BS walks and money talks.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:42 pm

I'd say it's more like extremists love moderation when it's only their enemies who get moderated and they themselves get left untouched to do whatever the hell they want because they know the platform management is on their side. Musk will absolutely be doing it wrong by letting the right wing shits back in when all that needs to happen at Twitter to make it a better place is to kick out all the left wing shits instead and never let them or their right wing counterparts back in. It might sound counterintuitive but sometimes some harsh draconianism applied judiciously to the bastards who deserve it, no matter what side they're on, it what it takes to save things for the vast herd of normals who simply want all the idiots from both sides to go away and never be allowed to return.

Fuck, just mark the ISPs of the troublemakers down as spammers or phishers and they can't get back in no matter how many different names or contact emails/phone numbers they create as they try to get around being blocked. Disqus does it all the time and it's quite effective at keeping them out for good.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:02 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzm6_3d ... tQ&index=2

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:20 pm

I originally got a Twitter account because I was planning to run for municipal office several years ago. When I decided against that, I started following the accounts of various politicians, pundits and thinkers because I thought I had a duty to be aware of many different political perspectives.

My own interactions with people were actually very pleasant, but some of the stuff I saw drove me to depression. Coworkers noticed how physically ill and stressed I looked, and I had at least one full-blown panic attack.

After leaving the site for eight months, I went back because I thought I had a moral obligation to, again, be aware of those different viewpoints. Then I had another panic attack and shut my account down for good.

Every time I think I shirked my duty to Canada somehow by leaving, I recall everything else I went through on Twitter.

My regrets magically disappear after that.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:05 pm

Twitter is full of the people that Canada Kicks Ass is not.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:59 pm

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:00 am

"Free Speech"

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:05 am

Elon is turning twitter into his own little rich guy play pen and he is going to run it into the ground. Wait a month and it’ll be worth 1/100th of what he paid.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 10:06 am

xerxes xerxes:
Wait a month and it’ll be worth 1/100th of what he paid.

Which is sad, considering how much good $44B could have done in the world. But perhaps this will finally teach him how the world actually works.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:51 am

Doubt it

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:17 pm

He is testing out policy in production in real time with no QA, what could go wrong?

Nothing new here but now this platform, one of the original platforms that has world wide clout from the nature of the clientele (political leaders/large corporations/journalists), is burning up what cache it had left so that it can compete with Kanye's Parler.

Twitter is/was a a trailblazer platform that was often imitated but never duplicated because it was a creation of the time. It is the 'public square' aspect that makes it so alluring to egomaniacs plutocrats like Elon. The fact is Twitter was running out of cash and Elon actually did save it from itself as the financial were not sustainable but his cure is worse than the disease. The more hands on he is the more damage he is doing.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:23 pm

Guess this means no one can open up an account where they do nothing but talk about how they like to shit their pants once per day and use "RealDonaldTrump@RealDonaldTrumpGoesToKFC" as their handle. Bummer! Heinous!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:30 pm

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 429 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 5  6  7  8  9  10  11 ... 29  Next