Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:24 am

Trudeau is an idiot banning guns because of their look is stupid. But he’s all about the optics. Unfortunately this is all a grey area there will be no agreement other than mass shootings are bad. How to rain in the toxic gun culture is a multifaceted problem. It also don’t deal with the slow burn nut jobs who will find away to create distruction regardless.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 11:33 am

housewife housewife:
How to [reign] in the toxic gun culture is a multifaceted problem.

That's what I mean, we don't have a toxic gun culture in Canada. There are nutters, sure, but they usually just blend into whatever right wing cause is wafting in the breeze today.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:49 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
I don't see why anyone really needs a handgun, so I don't see the big deal.

Handguns, like assault rifles, were invented for one reason only - to kill people. Things like target shooting came long afterwards and are only a justification for people to claim why they need one.

The only real firearms a civilian may need are shotguns and hunting rifles - if those get banned, then I'd have something to say.

Well said: but prep yourself for the usual" first they came for the ... "

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:55 pm

housewife housewife:
Your right but how do we get the government to really look at the problems. Taking away the legal guns isn’t going to stop the slow burning nut jobs from doing something big if they are determined. It’s all well and good to say we should invest more into mental health, we really should. But as the saying goes you can lead a horse to water you can’t make it drink. Mental health is only now being talked about and being treated. It’s not the big dark secret it has been but there’s people who see it as a weakness. Personally I would like domestic violence to be reported more and automatically end any hope of buying a gun legally. Then they will have to figure out the black market and homemade ones. Which is a bigger problem in my mind.

PDT_Armataz_01_37

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:12 pm

I posted this in the Trudeau thread but it's relivant here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkGjBTV ... WL&index=4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myK9d9H ... WL&index=5

It is no secret that the liberals have been waiting to pounce on gun laws. This has been for decades a centerpiece of their agenda and they have been very overt about it. Looking for ANY opportunity to launch the next version of the national gun registry. They have learned the lessons from École Polytechnique. Why register when you can just ban?

The liberals have cut the gordian knot here. No half measures, they have gone all the way and they were ready for quite some time.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:22 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLMuQu8 ... WL&index=3

This was a good yarn.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:31 pm

Marjorie Taylor-Greene says if the US adopts Canada's new gun laws they'll have no way to stop a Russian invasion!
Because when they land on the beaches the US Armed Forces will have no way to stop them. Only arming High School football teams with AR15s can stop them.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:04 pm

Wolverines!!