CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:53 pm

Oka, Ipperwash, Burnt Church, Lubicon, Grassy Narrows, Gustafson Lake, Six Nations ...

ALL VALID CLAIMS.

Get with the program.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:40 pm

Hazel's Update 09/22/06
Well, did everyone get to watch the 2nd part of the show 'Indian Summer, the Oka Crisis' which aired tonight on CBC. I am so emotional right now and my thoughts are everywhere I don't know where to begin. Watching them come out of the pines and the brutality used against our people. We were only doing exactly what we have all been
doing or trying to do, and that is to uphold our Law and protect the future of our people.

I cried so hard it made me sick. Sick to know that nothing in the last 16 years has changed in the thinking of the canadian government. Nothing in their attitude toward the original people of this land. The force they used then is the same force they used on April 20th when they came in to Kanonhstaton. They beat people, they had weapons drawn, and they had no care of whether or not we were entitled and justified in our stand.

I think the trauma of being tackled and kicked
and kneed by the police on April 20th has finally surfaced. I had the opportunity to speak at Guelph University a couple of nights ago, and recounting what had happened on the day of the raid; and then watching the Oka movie tonight brought out
all of that mixed emotional baggage I've been carrying around since then.

What do you do with those emotions but let them go. We gain strength in knowing that the
power that they give to each and everyone of us by their actions will be what defeats them.

I didn't recall the date when the people came out of the pines in 1990, but when I noticed the date tonight when watching the show, and realized that
the appeals court date is September 26th, it resounded deep within the pit of my stomach and the date echoed throughout my mind like the ripples from a rock being dropped in the lake.

Co-incidence? Who knows. Perhaps another attempt at utilizing certain dates in history in the hopes of re-creating an outcome that absolves them from having to take any responsibility for their actions. They never resolved anything then, and they have no intention of resolving anything now.

I am filled with such an unbelieveable anger at the ignorance of this so-called country of Canada and the treatment of our people that I am left with an emptiness and numbness inside. They have no remorse because they continue with the same
practices today. They would rather kill us than look at what they have done to the very people who welcomed them, fed them, and who supported their very existance since their arrival. Why is it they can't see that the lands which they built their
country, the resources that financed their empire, and the freedom that they enjoy today, was built on the backs of the Onkwehonweh, our ancestors.

They call us criminals and terrorists and yet they forget that they are the decendants of people
who were considered criminals and diseased and were sent to this continent because they were unwelcomed in their own. They are afraid to look in the mirror because they cannot handle the truth of what is staring back at them.

Today, we sit at a table and we talk, we negotiate, about trivial things like the return of a bobcat, about the noise and lights that bother our Caledonia neighbours, about police buffer zones, and relationship building; and always, always it is
about their needs and in the best interest of their people who are now occupying stolen lands.

Since 1784 when the land was granted through the Haldimand in one hand, they stole it and gave it away from the other. Even the so-called Indian
Agents at the time who were suppose to be looking out for the interests of the Six Nations, were looking out solely for the interests of the squatters and their compensation of improvements that they made to the land. It is exactly the same policy they are working with today. Never mind the fact that we didn't ask them to improve anything. We didn't ask them to come and squat on our land, and honestly, we don't give two squats on whether or not they've been compensated for it. They don't give two hoots about what they did to our people, the frauds they committed or the negligence and downright theft of the lands, our trust monies and our resources.

It is and always will be what is best for, and how it serves them. Not once have they ever considered how their genocidal and assimilation practices have affected our people. Not once in their manipulative ways to fraudulently take away our lands did they
consider the effects that it would have on our environment, on our hunting and fishing and our respect and relationship with the land.

Today they want us to consider our neighbours on how the land will be used and how it will affect them. Did they ever give consideration to our people when they stole our lands, built their towns and townships and left us boxed in on a little 'reserve'. Did they ask us before they stripped the earth of our trees and polluted our rivers with their industrial waste? Do they ask us as they continually develop lands that they know
they have no title to. And yet they want us to consult with and work together with the people of caledonia before we even plant a tree at Kanonhstaton. They want us to bring down the flags because some people don't like the looks of them, or they find them offensive. I guess when they bring down all of their canadian flags flying around our country we may consider it.

I don't know if they've learned anything or not over the past several decades. I know they hoped that by now we would have been good little Indians and succumbed to the ways of the white man because afterall, they were the dominate and better race.
They had to save us from our heathenistic ways, even ordering fumigation of our community hall after any of our gatherings and ceremonies. They had to beat our children out of using our language because it was for our own good. Why, they even
had to steal our children and place them in residential schools so their ministers could rape our young women and educate us to their ways to make us a better people.

They had to use their guns and force to bring in their Indian Act because it would help us to govern ourselves in a way that was more appropriate and more civilized than the Kaienerekowah, the law given to us by the Creator. They had to save us
from our spiritual practices because they were considered evil. Today, that word is still being used by some when referring to our Confederacy Council and the Onkwehonweh. We are an evil people because we dare to resist colonialism and
oppression. We dare to hold on to the original teachings and Law that supercedes any man made laws. We dare to uphold our obligation and responsibility that was given to us not only for our own good, but also for the good of all of Creation,
including all of the other races of the world. We are an evil people because we dare to resist the Indian Act and the imposition of foreign laws by our modern day indian agents. If upholding and respecting the oldest and purest law of peace and
light and love makes us evil, then I guess that is what we are.

That Indian Act is still their trump card because they're hoping that that is what will continue to divide our people. It has been working since 1924, and they are counting on that to hold true. They are counting on us to get tired of the stall tactics that they use at the negotiations. They are hoping that if they wait long enough, we'll turn on each other and this will all go away. But I have faith in the people of Six Nations. I have faith that our people will realize that this fight is not between the Confederacy and the Band Council. This is about centuries of spiritual, mental, emotional and physical abuse and manipulation. It is about the
arrogance and downright superioristic attitude of a race of people who abandoned the very Peace that we are trying to protect, who turned their back on their Messenger and hung him on a cross; all for an assemblance of power and righteousness. Not in the spirit of which it was intended, but in the means of dominance and control and monetary gain. They take innocent men and women and create armies and invade other countries all in the name of Peace. They have not learned that all of the riches of the world will never give them the peace that is suppose to come from within. I am asking all of the Six Nations people and our supporters to remember and look to that Peace that is within. Remember that if we continue to walk the path that the Creator set us on this earth to do, to uphold and respect the Peace with each other as we were instructed, and to remember those 5 arrows that He bound together as ONE
in UNITY; that we will succeed in our duties of protecting the future for our generations to come, and we will have honoured the Creator in doing so.

It does not matter if you support the elective system or confederacy council. If you go to
church or follow the traditions of the longhouse. It doesn't matter if you're Mohawk, Seneca, Cayuga, Oneido or Onondaga, Tuscarora or any of the other Nations who have taken shelter under the umbrella of that great tree. As Onkwehonweh we have a responsibility that cannot be left to our children or our grandchildren to deal with. We are the original united nations, the keepers of Peace, and we must
continue to inflict peace in whatever we do. Having said all that, I only have one thing left to say, Peace on you Canada!

Hazel

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:33 pm

$1:
That sign is getting a biot old, menace ... here's a new one for ya!!
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare.php

Aww, saga! It suits you so perfectly!!!

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:50 pm

saga..You seem to be the only one posting..Just thought I would break the train.

No one here is anti-Indian as you claim. Most of us are anti-waste-of-taxpayers-dollars.

How many bands are under third party management because they get the money and the chief decides to blow it? How many bands have substandard housing even when they receive millions of dollars a year to provide housing? How many bands have substandard academic standards simply because the parents of the kids are continually telling their kids that they are 'owed' something from the 'Whiteman'? How many bands have incredibly high diabetes' rates because the parents would rather spend 39 cents on packages of koolaid for their kids rather than 3 bucks for a 4 litre of milk?

Look close before you blame others.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:41 pm

saga..You seem to be the only one posting..Just thought I would break the train.

No one here is anti-Indian as you claim. Most of us are anti-waste-of-taxpayers-dollars.

s--Me too. Indigenous communities are a savings in that regard ... they only get half as much government money as our municipalities. If they were "assimilated" that would have to double immediately. Most of the annual Indian Affairs budget never leaves Ottawa!

How many bands are under third party management because they get the money and the chief decides to blow it?
How many bands have substandard housing even when they receive millions of dollars a year to provide housing?
How many bands have substandard academic standards simply because the parents of the kids are continually telling their kids that they are 'owed' something from the 'Whiteman'?
How many bands have incredibly high diabetes' rates because the parents would rather spend 39 cents on packages of koolaid for their kids rather than 3 bucks for a 4 litre of milk?

Look close before you blame others.

s-- I don't know the answer to any of those questions, but since you've asked them ... I think you'd better answer them ... without resorting to hearsay, gossip, or malicious rumours. Allegations like that require evidence.

However, I am reminded that this thread was about Caledonia and the Haudenosaunee of Six Nations and their land claims, and I can say this about that ...
NOT AT SIX NATIONS !! ;)
well run, good use of funds, good services, well educated people, low unemployment, strong entreprenurial community, strong culture and youth programs, etc.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:44 pm

Oh! And better building standards than Caledonia.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 11:50 pm

Thanks ... sigh ... gets lonely here in jail ;)... well actually account suspended ... lol ... have they figured out yet how I'm still posting?

Fortunately, this isn't my only diversion!:)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:44 am

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare.php

right back atcha menace !
biatch
lol

Last edited by saga on Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:32 pm

$1:
This article states that the government admitted to the deaths of 50,000 students in residential schools, but I can't verify that yet.
http://www.martlet.ca/old/archives/050331/feature.html
However, ... this was a tangent from another topic, and I've lost track ... tomorrow...

I have just realized why this said that the government has "admitted" the deaths ... it is because Dr. P.H. Bryce's initial report (1907) WAS commissioned by the government. However, Bryce's report was quashed by the government, so they didn't really admit it. He was moved to another position, basically sidelined for the rest of his career, and in 1922 (likely after retirement) he wrote a book about the death rates 1896 to 1921, I believe. He was in the dept. for the first 8 years of DC Scott's "final solution" approach. The death rates averaged 50% in 1907, and climbed thereafter. In 1907, because of the high death rate, Bryce had recommended better health care and services. Not only did this not happen under DC Scott, but health services were actually cut back and the office of the Medical Examiner was disbanded.

Regarding numbers of students, the government site says 80,000 still alive and 100,000 total attendance. However, the residential schools were operated solely by the churches throughout the 1800's and the federal government didn't become officially involved until the 1890's. Those alive (80,000), most would have attended in the 1930's to 1980's when the last schools closed. Attendance became mandatory in 1920 (75% attendance).

Thus, the federal government is likely reporting only the number of students who attended residential schools after they became a government responsibility in 1892, which may well have been 100,000, but there were thousands of students who attended the schools in the 1800's too, when the churches were solely responsible. The average death rate of 50% for the schools (range 30-70%) was MUCH higher than the death rate for Canadian kids, and much higher also than the death rate for aboriginal kids on reserves who did not attend the schools.

It is, thus, likely that at least 50,000 children died in the residential schools fromthe early 1800's to 1990. Note that these are actual, recorded deaths. Not counted in that are many who 'disappeared' because they escaped, but they could not go home as they'd be caught, and they may have died escaping, or they went to the streets of the cities.
Have you seen them?

.........................................................................................................

SO ... :wink: ... you will all be happy to hear that I'm approaching ...

... MY WHOLE POINT ... :!:

... is about the STEREOTYPES

... that we've used about Indigenous people
... that are not about their true characters but the about the ravages of six generations of abuse, impoverishment, dispersal of families, loss of culture, language and tradition and SUPPRESSION of RELIGION (!) and of course the loss of land and livelihood ...

... and it was ALWAYS ABOUT THE LAND !

... because we call it our land.

But, I've decided that it is still "our" land in the sense that it is theirs and ours together ... as it always has been for us*

... just split up differently !

... and we respect their assertion of Aboriginal right as accorded by OUR constitution
(and as now protected by our OPP in Caledonia)

... and they will once again be self sustaining on their land.

... and we will endure 1-2% federal income tax increase**

...and it IS THAT SIMPLE !
... now, if everybody's happy,
... no more fighting !!!
... just admit I tell some truth ...

now ... I have another discussion board to save

... vroooooooooooooomm :lol: 8)

ps ... granny on her motorbike is almost as potentially phucking phunny
as granny skydiving ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: tff
hugs
be safe

* though they've got 12,000 years more
attachment to this land called Turtle Island!
... but Ontario "stands behind" its property deeds
... there will be compensation for settled lands.

** you can verify inc tx with riverwind (biatch) at mapleleafweb.ca
... aka makebelieveweb
... and please say hello for me cos I'm banned from there :lol:
... and I'll bet they miss me as much as you folks did ! :wink:
... but riverslime was such a rude biatch and no phucking phun fun at all ! :cry:
... tell her to get a phucking life! :D :roll:

Last edited by saga on Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:39 pm

$1:
that we've used about Indigenous people are not about their true characters but the ravages of six generations of abuse, impoverishment, dispersal of families, loss of culture, language and tradition and SUPPRESSION of RELIGION (!) and of course the loss of land and livelihood ...

This has not been forcibly implemented on behalf of the Canadian government. The natives are more than capable of changing this themselves...

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:43 pm

saga saga:

** you can verify inc tx with riverwind (biatch) at mapleleafweb.ca,
... and please say hello for me cos I'm banned from there :lol:
... and I'll bet they miss me as much as you folks did ! :wink:
... but riverslime was such a rude biatch and no phucking phun fun at all !
... tell her to get a life! :D :roll:

Well Hazelnut you're probably only a post or two away from that here as well.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:45 pm

$1:
Well Hazelnut you're probably only a post or two away from that here as well.

ROTFL

PDT_Armataz_01_37

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:47 pm

Arctic_Menace Arctic_Menace:
$1:
that we've used about Indigenous people are not about their true characters but the ravages of six generations of abuse, impoverishment, dispersal of families, loss of culture, language and tradition and SUPPRESSION of RELIGION (!) and of course the loss of land and livelihood ...

This has not been forcibly implemented on behalf of the Canadian government. The natives are more than capable of changing this themselves...

Oh…and just for the record: there are no indigenous people in North America. Modern Home Sapiens is the only group identified in the fossil record here– everyone immigrated here from somewhere else. That’s basic anthropology. Granny crapped the bed again.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:50 pm

s--Me too. Indigenous communities are a savings in that regard ... they only get half as much government money as our municipalities.

Pardon me!!! You better check your figures there darling! I pay municipal and education TAXES to my municipality. Reserves GET money for education and everything else. Natives don't pay taxes on reserve so how else does the band raise money!!!

BTW..I am not anti-native nor was I or will I ever be. You on the other hand are anti-everyone-who-is-not-native.

You have received enough payments for your lands..It is Canada's land now, which means it is all of ours or is it the native way not to share..'We want all of it damnit!'

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:53 pm

ps

I'M BAAACK !!!

Thank you for reinstating me mods! :wink:

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 178 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 4  5  6  7  8  9  10 ... 12  Next