canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:09 pm

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/link.php?id=27410" target="_blank">Canadian parties reject call to broaden Afghan war</a> (click to view)

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/news/topic/16-world" target="_blank">World</a>
<strong>Posted By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=Hyack" target="_blank">Hyack</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2007-11-22 10:33:18
<strong>Canadian</strong>

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:09 pm

I'm rather dissapointed the conservatives arent supporting this. More troops means we could get the job done faster and safer.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:20 pm

$1:
It's not a Canadian issue. It's the other NATO countries [that have] insufficient troops on the ground in southern Afghanistan to deal with this insurgency," MacDonald said Wednesday.

MacDonald said that while Canadian, Dutch and British soldiers have been deployed to help the Afghan army stabilize more volatile areas, other NATO countries have not taken on as large a combat role.

Those NATO nations must realize they are facing an urgent national defence issue, she said.

Yeah I'll endorse that. It seems the EU has a bigger priority on pissing of the US than any other motive.

The former LIBRANO regime and current opposition in Canada smacks of that.

General Lew McKenzie was the one who pointed out the the GTA has more Police than Canada has infantry. That the entire army could sit down in maple leaf Gardens and leave empty seats. It is high time we gained the ability to at least fill the Air Canada centre.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:45 pm

Hey, all for more troops, but funny it's Europe calling for it, yet they are the xxxxx that hesitate to commit troops to combat down here in the south with us. I guess as long as it's us, the Yanks and the Brits doing the bleeding the EU is happy.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:49 pm

PENATRATOR PENATRATOR:
Hey, all for more troops, but funny it's Europe calling for it, yet they are the xxxxx that hesitate to commit troops to combat down here in the south with us. I guess as long as it's us, the Yanks and the Brits doing the bleeding the EU is happy.

Makes you scratch your head doesn't it?

A European think tank calls for more troops but they ask they come from non-European countries.

[huh]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:26 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:
PENATRATOR PENATRATOR:

A European think tank calls for more troops but they ask they come from non-European countries.

[huh]

It's been a big problem for the last 5 years or so. Maybe it's time to actually look into creating a different alliance, made up of countries who actually put up when asked. I'm thinking Canada, US, Britain, Australia and the Dutch for starters. What do you think?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:35 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
DerbyX DerbyX:
PENATRATOR PENATRATOR:

[huh]

It's been a big problem for the last 5 years or so. Maybe it's time to actually look into creating a different alliance, made up of countries who actually put up when asked. I'm thinking Canada, US, Britain, Australia and the Dutch for starters. What do you think?

With the cold war over and the USSR gone perhaps NATO has had its day.

A new alliance between countries with similiar ideals and outlooks is a reasonable endeavour.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:40 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:
2Cdo 2Cdo:
DerbyX DerbyX:
PENATRATOR PENATRATOR:

[huh]

A new alliance between countries with similiar ideals and outlooks is a reasonable endeavour.

The old USSR might be gone but the big Russian bear is still out there. With the global rise in oil prices Russia has a lot more money in it's hands and seems to be flexing it's muscles again. Reports of overflights in the Arctic have increased in the last few months, but I still don't think the Russians are our main worry. Radical Islam and unstable countries trying to obtain nuclear weapons are a far bigger threat then mother Russia.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:03 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
DerbyX DerbyX:
2Cdo 2Cdo:
DerbyX DerbyX:
PENATRATOR PENATRATOR:

[huh]

The old USSR might be gone but the big Russian bear is still out there. With the global rise in oil prices Russia has a lot more money in it's hands and seems to be flexing it's muscles again. Reports of overflights in the Arctic have increased in the last few months, but I still don't think the Russians are our main worry. Radical Islam and unstable countries trying to obtain nuclear weapons are a far bigger threat then mother Russia.

All the more reason to not waste military dollars in useless wars and put every penny towards increasing and modernizing our navy & airforce so that we can more effectively patrol and control our territory.

Let the Russians know that any funny buisness will take a considerable effort on their part.

Consequently why I believe paying down the debt as rapidly as possible is the best solution because when it comes to upgrading ships and aircraft it won't be cheap.

Its not as though we can hop on down to Bargain Bobs Discount War Machines and buy everything we need with Petro Points.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:39 pm

maybe we should try to get on better terms with the Ruskies in light of new threats like china and radical islamists.