Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:00 am

Wada Wada:

They actually seem to hold such distinction as there were many who sided with the teacher. I thought they counted. Derby I don't think we disagree too much but to punish a whole nation for the actions of a few seems a wee bit overboard to me. :wink:

Yet she was jailed and will be targetted for death. Luckily she will be deported.

When the part of the society that sided with the teacher can control the side that didn't then they will have something.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:03 am

Wada Wada:
Brenda Brenda:
Wada Wada:
Brenda Brenda:
So it is completely normal to lock someone up because she let children pick a name for a teddybear?

That is not a few, that is the justice system. How can you defend this?

I can defend this the same way some Small c Canadians can infer that "they" should live as Canadians, referring to anyone different from outside Canada. :wink:

That is lame, and bullshit.

She had children name this teddybear. If a Sudanes muslim in Canada had had children name the teddybear Jesus, who would have cared? Exactly, no one.

There is no way people can say: she should have known, it is culture/religion. Like I said before, how about all the boys called Mohammed/Muhammed? Are all those parents going to be locked up or killed? Or is that not blasphemy?

The KIDS named the bear Muhammed, because it is a very popular name. How can that be blasphemy? Exactly, because she was a white English woman.

There is a big difference between naming a son in hopes that some of the qualities of the namesake might connect with the name, and a toy bear. As I understand it there were many Sudanese who disagreed with the charges. A few launched a complaint, a few more a verbal attack and the courts punished her leniently. What an absolutely horrible nation. Lets us punish them all! :roll:

What is the difference? The kids named the bear. Why would that be anything else then "just a name, because they liked that name"?

The justice system punished her, not the few people who complained. It is my right to disagree with that, as much as it is your right to agree with Sudanese courts. You cannot compare it to Canaddian laws, that makes no sense. I have never heard anyone being locked up in Canada for naming a Teddybear.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:06 am

Like I said before, the ones clamoring for her death are the majority rather than the exception within their society.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:07 am

Naw we just Taser them for getting upset. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:08 am

ROTFL

What has that got to do with it? She is English, not Canadian, and they are not Polish :twisted:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:08 am

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Like I said before, the ones clamoring for her death are the majority rather than the exception within their society.

That's xcertainly not the way the news says it played out.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:03 pm

lily lily:
lily lily:
If she doesn't like the laws and customs, she should just go home. No-one should expect to move to another country and expect allowances be made for their own beliefs...... right?

$1:
Colleagues of Gillian Gibbons, aged 54 from Liverpool, told Reuters they feared for her safety after receiving reports that young men had already started gathering outside the Khartoum police station where she was being held.
Ms. Gibbons made an innocent mistake and simply let her pupils choose their favourite name for the toy as part of a school project.

Sort of hard to go home when you're under lock and key sweet stuff, so you're talking apples and oranges.

That argument always seems to work when "they" are in "our" country.

Bullshit! How many muslims have been locked up for 'insulting' our religion? Thing is when they attack our traditions and values, we are expected to apologize and are told to be more tolerant .

Very interesting point Shep.

We are only supposed to sit there and say nothing.

Interested in going over there Lily? :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:07 pm

Pimpbrewski Pimpbrewski:
lily lily:
lily lily:
If she doesn't like the laws and customs, she should just go home. No-one should expect to move to another country and expect allowances be made for their own beliefs...... right?

$1:
Colleagues of Gillian Gibbons, aged 54 from Liverpool, told Reuters they feared for her safety after receiving reports that young men had already started gathering outside the Khartoum police station where she was being held.
Ms. Gibbons made an innocent mistake and simply let her pupils choose their favourite name for the toy as part of a school project.

Sort of hard to go home when you're under lock and key sweet stuff, so you're talking apples and oranges.

That argument always seems to work when "they" are in "our" country.

Bullshit! How many muslims have been locked up for 'insulting' our religion? Thing is when they attack our traditions and values, we are expected to apologize and are told to be more tolerant .

Very interesting point Shep.

We are only supposed to sit there and say nothing.

Interested in going over there Lily? :lol:

While I am clearly against the Sudanese on this one the point Lily is making is that despite those barbarians who are doing this there are those who abhor it and we should be supporting them rather then opposing the others.

Personally I am for helping the poor teacher out and bolloxs to the rest.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:17 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:

While I am clearly against the Sudanese on this one the point Lily is making is that despite those barbarians who are doing this there are those who abhor it and we should be supporting them rather then opposing the others.

Personally I am for helping the poor teacher out and bolloxs to the rest.

Clearly, these people in Sudan haven't learned how to behave in a civilized society.

If all it takes is naming a Teddy bear in order to execute someone 8O

But, I did not mean to put Lily on the spot, but that:

$1:
That argument always seems to work when "they" are in "our" country

C'mon !!!!

We are very tolerant, these nimwhits want to execute every Westerner based on a simple thing like that.

They are intolerant bastards, in my opinion. And some of these people might infiltrate Canada (by that I mean, yes, that some might immigrate here), and we are supposed to let it happen? We cannot sit there and pretend that it is ok.

Last edited by Pimpbrewski on Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:26 pm

$1:

Why not? She tries to use that tactic all the time. What she stated about our(Western) reality and what happened in the Sudan are apples and oranges and there is no comparison.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:44 pm

$1:
Clearly, these people in Sudan haven't learned how to behave in a civilized society.

If all it takes is naming a Teddy bear in order to execute someone

I agree. I was played devils advocate for the most part. A society that reacts this way to such a trival event is beyond our understanding.

We acn't understand why they freak out and they can't understand why we don't understand the gravity of the crime.

All reasons why I favour a no-contact policy.

$1:
C'mon !!!!

We are very tolerant, these nimwhits want to execute every Westerner based on a simple thing like that.

They are intolerant bastards, in my opinion. And some of these people might infiltrate Canada (by that I mean, yes, that some might immigrate here), and we are supposed to let it happen? We cannot sit there and pretend that it is ok.

Actually that is a very specific response to another thread involving her, myself, and Bart. She is quite correct in that suddenly people advocating a "its our religion we can do as we please" changed tacts because it was a different religion.

They are intolerant and they teach their children to be intolerant. Hence the problem.

Lily was referring to my thread attacking Canadian catholic schools teaching "Atheism is wrong" and being opposed with the "its our religious right" argument which suddenly changed.

I can agree with her point while still holding the opinion I do.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:09 pm

$1:
We expect people to conform to our laws and our customs....

Really? Where do you live? Canada and Canadians are constantly making concessions to new arrivals. We are told that it is not PC to impose our cultural mores on them, even though they have come to live in Canada.

See this thread

http://www.canadaka.net/modules.php?nam ... ic&t=28628

$1:
but apparently we're not willing to do the same when we're in someone else's country.

Do you seriously think she was out to stir the hornet's nest? Other muslims are incredulous at the reaction of their coreligionists. In a sane country... a quiet word, explaining this is offensive to us, would have sufficed. Have the children commited an act of blasphemy by choosing the name for the bear?