canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:35 am

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/link.php?id=28586" target="_blank">Patriots finish regular season 16-0</a> (click to view)

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/news/topic/2-sports" target="_blank">Sports</a>
<strong>Posted By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=WDHIII" target="_blank">WDHIII</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2007-12-29 20:22:36

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Philidelphia Flyers
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:35 am

ok so here's what i dont understand...

why didn't they play the last minute of the game??

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Philidelphia Flyers
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:50 pm

:oops: i dont watch a lot of NFL but I was watching a movie (shooter is a fantastic movie)and it was over and i figured 16-0 why the hell not watch the end of the game..

but it just doesnt make sense.. i mean really a lot can happen in one minute if they were to play. they could have been a turn over and the giants could have scored...

or was that what they were trying to avoid??

just seems like a pussy way to end a season i guess

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:23 pm

newfette newfette:
:oops: i dont watch a lot of NFL but I was watching a movie (shooter is a fantastic movie)and it was over and i figured 16-0 why the hell not watch the end of the game..

but it just doesnt make sense.. i mean really a lot can happen in one minute if they were to play. they could have been a turn over and the giants could have scored...

or was that what they were trying to avoid??

just seems like a pussy way to end a season i guess

Yes, there is that giant if there. Plus, it is a very common thing to let the clock run down and not shove another touchdown down an opponents throat once you are guarenteed a win.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:36 am

They played the last minute, Brady took 3 kneess and i'll have oatmeal and raisin cookies please.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Philidelphia Flyers
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:38 am

I don't know. just seems wimpy to me..

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:04 am

newfette newfette:

Your forgetting that NY had 59 minutes before the last minute to put up points. If their in a position where their losing, and need the ball, have no more time outs and the winning team has 4 downs to kill the clock. All i can do is relate to an old school yard phrase " tough titties "

You play to win, you don't play to lose and thats what your doing if you keep passing the ball in that situation.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:09 am

Now for a quick hijack!

newfette is right, Shooter is a hell of a movie! I watched it last night as well.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread ;)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Philidelphia Flyers
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:18 am

Alta_redneck Alta_redneck:
newfette newfette:

Your forgetting that NY had 59 minutes before the last minute to put up points. If their in a position where their losing, and need the ball, have no more time outs and the winning team has 4 downs to kill the clock. All i can do is relate to an old school yard phrase " tough titties "

You play to win, you don't play to lose and thats what your doing if you keep passing the ball in that situation.

if you play to win why not go for the final touchdown then?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:27 am

newfette newfette:
Alta_redneck Alta_redneck:
newfette newfette:

if you play to win why not go for the final touchdown then?

Because they already had the win. They didn't need more points.

And how many people would have accused the Pats of running up the score if they did?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Philidelphia Flyers
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:30 am

why shouldn't they run up the score?

i dont see how that's a bad thing?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:40 am

newfette newfette:
why shouldn't they run up the score?

i dont see how that's a bad thing?

It’s like playing Russian Roulette, if you’ve pulled the trigger 5 times and your still alive, do you really want to pull it one more time ? That would just show how stupid you were. Not how brave you were.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Philidelphia Flyers
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:49 am

ok well why don't we compare it to an actualy sport...

take hockey for example.. a team thats winning schouldn't score on an empty net? would a 6-1 win be considered running up the score?

isn't the whole point of a game that these men are being played millions to play to score points??

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:12 am

newfette newfette:
ok well why don't we compare it to an actualy sport...

take hockey for example.. a team thats winning schouldn't score on an empty net? would a 6-1 win be considered running up the score?

isn't the whole point of a game that these men are being played millions to play to score points??

What usually happens in a meaningless hockey game when one team runs up the score ?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Philidelphia Flyers
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:15 am

exactally a game is meaningless..

but the game last night wasnt meaningless... all the more reason to play hard for the WHOLE game