PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:26 pm

dino_bobba_renno dino_bobba_renno:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:
ryan29 ryan29:
Brenda Brenda:
$1:
The researchers interviewed 79 lung cancer patients

Yep, sounds like a solid case [/sarcasm]

I was raised with the knowlwdge that marijuana is better for your health then roll m yourself-cigarettes. I call this scientific study bullshit :lol:

think there has been alot of other research which has said this is unhealthy , simply the smokers have continued to ignore all warnings and would rather buy into government conspiracy theroies and find reasons as to why it should be legalised .

Reasons why it should be legalized? So you think everything should be illegal unless there is a reason to make it legal? I, on the other hand, think everything should be legal unless there's a reason to make it illegal. I'm pro-freedom. You're anti-freedom.

Well regardless of whether or not I (or you) believe in legalizing pot I can’t see it ever happening. Over the last few years it has become socially unacceptable to smoke and every year there is more and more legislation at every level of government trying to curb the use of tobacco. We are well on our way to making the use of tobacco illegal so the chances of pot ever kicking this trend and being legalized is slim to none.

i agree it would make little sense for them to continue geting tough on smokers and at same time allow for more legal use of marijuana . wouldn't that accomplish nothing ? and wouldn't teens just switch from cigarettes to marijuana instead ? ( which is what many have done )

but think many teens will ignore the health warnings and contine to smoke this anyways

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:59 am

So stop smoking pot and get one of <a href="http://shop.grasscity.com/shop/grasscity/vapormed.html">these</a>.

Yeah, it's $600, but if you value your lungs and you smoke a lot of pot, it's worth it. Instead of burning the weed, it bakes it so that the THC is vapourized, resulting in much less tar. A few of my friends own one and some have actually quit smoking altogether (both tobacco and pot) since they started using the Volcano. There's also a smaller, less expensive vapouriser called the Vapir (~$130), which has a digital temperature sensor so you can hit it right when the THC is at vapourising point.

Also, THC has been scientifically proven to protect against cancer, mostly if it's consumed by methods other than smoking, ie brownies, cookies, rice crispie squares ;)

Beware, though. The Volcano will get you more baked than ever before. First-timers have been described as "virgins sacrificed to the Volcano."

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:32 am

Brenda Brenda:
$1:
The City of Vacnouver banned dancing in restaurants. In my band if someone stands up to dance, we have to stop playing until they sit down.

Excuse me???

So much for a "diner-dansant" :?

It sounds right out of Footloose, but it's true. Of the city Liquor Nazis come do an inspection and anyone is on their feet, the restaurant loses its licence for a week or two and the staff are stuck trying to scrape up rent money.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:34 am

dino_bobba_renno dino_bobba_renno:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:

In North Vancouver they're going to try to ban drive-thru restaurants. For your opwn good of course.

Ya we've got some boneheaded alderman here in Calgary trying to do the same thing. I guess there just aren't any more important things to do.

Some legislators just have the mindset that theya re not doing their jobs unless they are working on banning something. For our own good of course.