CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 28999
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:04 pm
 


<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/link.php?id=31521" target="_blank">China to Canada: mind your own business</a> (click to view)

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/news/topic/16-world" target="_blank">World</a>
<strong>Posted By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=Hyack" target="_blank">Hyack</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2008-03-21 18:30:36
<strong>Canadian</strong>


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
Profile
Posts: 13928
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:04 pm
 


Screw them...how can they even compare. BOYCOTT NOW!!!!


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 64548
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:58 pm
 


Where's Streaker to tell us that China is Canada's friend?


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 42160
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:01 pm
 


He's being briefed at the Chinese embassy about what he should say..........after he takes a call from the Iranians.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 64548
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:13 pm
 


:lol:


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
 Washington Capitals
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 150
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:22 pm
 


I've been reading about this whole mess on the BBC HYS page. Unfortunately you can't say a word to the chinese posters, and they repeat the same justification over and over... America should give back Texas to Mexico and Canada should free Quebec, or UK should free north Ireland etc etc etc....blah.

I support a free Tibet, but i do not support violence as a means to an end. Unfortunately some Tibetans have resorted to violence in the most recent protests, as have the Chinese. This is a very complicated issue, and i hope China can resolve this in a mature and fair way.

i don't support a boycott of the olympics, i don't think it's fair to the athletes.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 64548
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:29 pm
 


China has invested billions in the Olympics. A boycott would hurt them where it hurts.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 42160
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:31 pm
 


The Moscow and LA games were pretty political, but did they really solve anything for the world?


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33691
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:40 pm
 


BartSimpson wrote:
China has invested billions in the Olympics. A boycott would hurt them where it hurts.


i disagree.. previous boycotts didnt solve anything.

i think if someone has a positive or negative view of China,

a boycott wont change anyone's mind.



China should not have been awarded the games in the first place.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 22594
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:27 am
 


lostalex wrote:
I support a free Tibet, but i do not support violence as a means to an end. Unfortunately some Tibetans have resorted to violence in the most recent protests, as have the Chinese. This is a very complicated issue, and i hope China can resolve this in a mature and fair way.


yah because the Chinese comunist party has shown the moral determination to roll over unarmed citizens with tanks. Who would guess that anything less than total rejection of their moral rule might be met with anything more just. Moderate and polite discussion s fleeting because China is ruled by an illegal and imoral gang of thieves.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 11362
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:50 am
 


We're already on their shit list, they don't allow their citizens to come here for Vacations due to our policies. What can they do? Stop sending us tainted Toys and Poison Food? Bring it on!


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 22594
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:58 am
 


sandorski wrote:
We're already on their shit list, they don't allow their citizens to come here for Vacations due to our policies. What can they do? Stop sending us tainted Toys and Poison Food? Bring it on!


to flip it around, a product demands a market. Why should Canada accept a dangerous or faulty prodcut?


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
Profile
Posts: 107
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:30 am
 


China is a corrupt cruel country, Im just surprised they even care enough to tell Canada to mind their own business. By going to the Chinese Olympics are we validating their regime??


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
 Washington Capitals
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 150
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:34 am
 


ridenrain wrote:
lostalex wrote:
I support a free Tibet, but i do not support violence as a means to an end. Unfortunately some Tibetans have resorted to violence in the most recent protests, as have the Chinese. This is a very complicated issue, and i hope China can resolve this in a mature and fair way.


yah because the Chinese comunist party has shown the moral determination to roll over unarmed citizens with tanks. Who would guess that anything less than total rejection of their moral rule might be met with anything more just. Moderate and polite discussion s fleeting because China is ruled by an illegal and imoral gang of thieves.


i certainly cannot disagree with that. China has made significant progress in the last 30 years though, and i do think China is sometimes unfairly characterized by the West. Just look at the violence in the Balakans last month. We've been dealing with the mess in Serbia for over a century now.

China certainly has a deplorable human rights record, but what legs do we have to stand on. Will we be as critical of ourselves with the Vancouver and London games after the mess that is the "war on terror"??? should the world boycott these games aswell?


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 4117
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:00 am
 


lostalex wrote:
ridenrain wrote:
lostalex wrote:
I support a free Tibet, but i do not support violence as a means to an end. Unfortunately some Tibetans have resorted to violence in the most recent protests, as have the Chinese. This is a very complicated issue, and i hope China can resolve this in a mature and fair way.


yah because the Chinese comunist party has shown the moral determination to roll over unarmed citizens with tanks. Who would guess that anything less than total rejection of their moral rule might be met with anything more just. Moderate and polite discussion s fleeting because China is ruled by an illegal and imoral gang of thieves.


i certainly cannot disagree with that. China has made significant progress in the last 30 years though, and i do think China is sometimes unfairly characterized by the West. Just look at the violence in the Balakans last month. We've been dealing with the mess in Serbia for over a century now.

China certainly has a deplorable human rights record, but what legs do we have to stand on. Will we be as critical of ourselves with the Vancouver and London games after the mess that is the "war on terror"??? should the world boycott these games aswell?


People are boycotting China because China kills buddhist monks and harvest there organs and sell them. They kill tibetan monks, and have resorted to violence against tibetan protesters. Even before they got violent.

China also destroyed many Chinese Citizen's homes leaving them homeless just to build the stadium to hold these olympic games. Also I don't remember Canada beating up and killing Quebec sepretists. We just shrugged our shoulders, and are handling it diplomaticly. As for Ireland, I am half Irish and my family lives in Northern Ireland (Belfast) and as far as I could see and understood. The only violence the British took on the Irish were of self defense. I believe it started when British Soldiers thoughts some Irish citizens had weapons and shot them, turned out they diddn't have anything but they were protesters and were angrily protesting something. (Mistakes Happen). However the Irish started rioting against the soldiers, and it escolated from there. That is atleast what I was told. I visted Ireland a couple times, and my mom lived there for a couple of years during the violent times. The only attacks that were held in Ireland, were all by the Irish. Either by terrorists, or by civilians. The situation at the time was 2 times worse then anything happening in Iraq or Afghanistan now. I mean the Irish were really dedicated in fighting the British Military. The British had soldiers on every street corner, helicopters with search lights flew at night. You wern't allowed to point a camera at them, or even point your fingers at them or they would shoot you on sight (Due to the terrorists who put explosives in Cameras and the multiple other things they tried doing on the British Soldiers. The Irish at the begining hanged wire up to decapitate tank commanders, poisoned food and drinks and offered them to the soldiers. You name it, the Irish tried. Despite all this, the British never took as far as what the Chinese are doing now. Irish kids use to throw movan cocktails at cops and the soldiers, and they just deflected it with there riot shields and that was it. Took no action against them, probally because they were just kids.

They only took severe action during terrorist attacks, and any gun fire.
Chinese beat up and killed protesters unprovoked. Only recently provoked by the recent violence they protesters now gave. I am not sure boycotting the olympics will do anything but I know for sure that by not doing it is not helping either. Only thing that does is send the Chinese a message. "Hey China, just would like to make it clear that you apparently can do whatever you want without consiquences"


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  1  2  3  4  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DrCaleb and 10 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.