bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:47 am

MindsEye wrote:
Every one of our boys that died fruitlessly to 'free' Afghanistan does NOT WANT to be there. How could they?
Leaving their families on Christmas to spend weeks 'liberating' that country from their shitholeness is just not possible.

I would really like to know what you are basing this on.If you mean that all of them would rather of come home alive? Then yes I agree. However, it was a choice by all of them to go over there and take the risk that they wouldn't come home alive. They made that choice so you could sit there and not have to. We chose this life and all that comes with it, so don't claim that we don't want to be doing something when you have no idea what we want.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:07 am

SigPig wrote:
MindsEye wrote:
Every one of our boys that died fruitlessly to 'free' Afghanistan does NOT WANT to be there. How could they?
Leaving their families on Christmas to spend weeks 'liberating' that country from their shitholeness is just not possible.

I would really like to know what you are basing this on.If you mean that all of them would rather of come home alive? Then yes I agree. However, it was a choice by all of them to go over there and take the risk that they wouldn't come home alive. They made that choice so you could sit there and not have to. We chose this life and all that comes with it, so don't claim that we don't want to be doing something when you have no idea what we want.

Our army, like any other army in the world, is composed mostly of the poorest kids who enroll themselves in peaceful time and then learn to obey orders.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:53 am

Benoit wrote:

Our army, like any other army in the world, is composed mostly of the poorest kids who enroll themselves in peaceful time and then learn to obey orders.

What a pile of crap....

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:19 am

Benoit wrote:
SigPig wrote:
MindsEye wrote:

Your ignorance is really astonishing. The CF not only prefers university and high school graduated people, they target them. I myself am a university student/reservist. So learn about something before embarrassing yourself with idiotic, ignorant comments.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:25 am

Benoit wrote:
SigPig wrote:
MindsEye wrote:

1. Thats complete bullshit
2. I am middle class, and I am going to enroll in the Canadian Forces.

People join the Canadian Forces to either protect there country, for new experiences, for job oppertunitys such as being a medic which should give you a edge training wise if you ever went to go to med school to become a doctor, or a Engineer which once you leave I am pretty sure you can get a job as one. If not then Engineer school should be really easy, and the extra training in the Army would make you a big standout in your job applications. Then there is the money, some people (Mostly in the U.S., but I am sure there are a few in Canada) Can't get jobs, so they join the Military for payment. Doesn't mean there poor, just means they want money.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:41 pm

Regina wrote:
Benoit wrote:

What a pile of crap....
Indeed.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:49 pm

Benoit wrote:
If some people become fed up with the flag constantly gone up and down or constantly down, they have to try finding and proposing more intelligent decisive actions to end the war.

Like not voting Liberal any more?
Quote:
Mar 13, 2008 06:41 PM
OTTAWA–Parliament has voted to extend Canada’s military mission in Afghanistan until 2011.

The extension passed in a 198-77 vote late this afternoon, thanks to the Conservatives and Liberals who joined forces to support a compromise motion for the longer mission.
Yet the extension – opposed by NDP and Bloc Quebecois MPs – is conditional on Canada getting at least 1,000 troops as reinforcements in southern Afghanistan from another NATO nation.

As well, Canada is hoping to get needed military equipment, such as transport helicopters and unmanned aerial reconnaissance vehicles, to support its troops within the coming year.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:18 pm

Regina wrote:
Benoit wrote:

What a pile of crap....

We must allow folks like Benoit their narrow minded little prejudices.

Makes them feel a warm and fuzzy inside.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:44 pm

Wullu wrote:
This is a fucking abomination and an insult to every Canadian that gave their lives in South Africa, two world wars, Korea and a hundered different peacekeeping missions.

We already lower the Colours on the Peace Tower for them. Every 11th of Novemeber.

Typical fucking slimy politicians. Making something political out of something sacred.

R=UP

The key word here is "politicians", as both sides of the coin have used this issue for partisan purposes.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:45 pm

bootlegga wrote:
Wullu wrote:
This is a fucking abomination and an insult to every Canadian that gave their lives in South Africa, two world wars, Korea and a hundered different peacekeeping missions.

We already lower the Colours on the Peace Tower for them. Every 11th of Novemeber.

Typical fucking slimy politicians. Making something political out of something sacred.

R=UP

The key word here is "politicians", as both sides of the coin have used this issue for partisan purposes.
R=UP Precisely. All politicians, of either discipline, should be ashamed of themselves.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:50 pm

You don't get to kill unknown combatants by growing up with rosy glasses.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:06 pm

what it really shows is that the torys are heartless bastards who dont give a shit about anyone .... just keep sending them until 2011 and fuck the ones who dont come back.... tory assholes.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:35 pm

bootlegga wrote:
Wullu wrote:

R=UP

Exactly, and the only people this affects are stuck in the middle having their traditions trampled on for a couple of paragraphs in some slime ball newspaper.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:36 pm

kenmore wrote:
what it really shows is that the torys are heartless bastards who dont give a shit about anyone .... just keep sending them until 2011 and fuck the ones who dont come back.... tory assholes.

Um, Ken? You did notice your beloved Liberals voted for the extension as well, right?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:14 pm

Not wanting to lower the flag when a soldier die is an indication that someone is thinking Canada is so much more and/or better than its army. Not me.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7 ... 10  Next