canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:29 pm

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/link.php?id=31938" target="_blank">Sens win big but suffer costly injuries</a> (click to view)

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/news/topic/2-sports" target="_blank">Sports</a>
<strong>Posted By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=WDHIII" target="_blank">WDHIII</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2008-04-04 08:10:34
<strong>Canadian</strong>

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:29 pm

I don't know about the hit. The replays I've seen show that the elbow made contact, but what do I know. What I have a problem with is Bell the future jailbird is wearing a freaking CAGE. That seems pretty gutless to me - going around and trying to decapite someone when you KNOW you won't have to answer to anybody because you're wearing a freaking CAGE.

Oh and those Leafs fans that cheered when Alfie was down and booed when he got up by himself, you're a bunch of morons.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:33 am

One more thing - even if the hit on Alfie was 'clean' in terms of the NHL rule (if that's what the NHL concludes), it's still dirty because the head was clearly targeted. I don't like it when Neil does it, I think head shots should be banned from the game because it doesn't bring anything exciting to it. A good clean shoulder to chest or shoulder to shoulder hit à la Volchenkov or Phaneuf, that's exciting. Head shots, not so much

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:49 am

They have to get their heads outta their asses, the stuff that is being let slide is gonna end someones career...Its bullshit, taking heads out, knees and hitting to injure

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:56 am

WDHIII WDHIII:
snookums snookums:
One more thing - even if the hit on Alfie was 'clean' in terms of the NHL rule (if that's what the NHL concludes), it's still dirty because the head was clearly targeted. I don't like it when Neil does it, I think head shots should be banned from the game because it doesn't bring anything exciting to it. A good clean shoulder to chest or shoulder to shoulder hit à la Volchenkov or Phaneuf, that's exciting. Head shots, not so much

Yeah they REALLY gotta cut down on the shots to the noggin. Crosby has his freakin HELMET torn off the other night when he was down on the ice and NOTHIN!!!

Have we learned NOTHING from the Lindros boys? :?

No kidding! What about Lafontaine, I'm sure he didn't get that many concussions by being slashed on the ass? And about Crosby, yeah, I was screaming at my TV - I can't believe Hartnell wasn't called on it.

I just don't get why on earth the league doesn't want to come down hard on those head shots. It is NOT exciting at all. That and trying to beat the icing are aspects of the game I'd like to see taken out.

I didn't see the Tucker thing - but Bell did try to take Redden's knee out. Again, he knew he wouldn't have to worry about getting his pretty face smashed by someone, he's wearing a CAGE. Little POS, hope he drops many soaps in the shower for the next couple of months :twisted:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:57 am

Next time Alfie keep your f**k*ng head up....

My favorite pic posted on the net today...

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:00 am

snookums snookums:
I don't know about the hit. The replays I've seen show that the elbow made contact, but what do I know. What I have a problem with is Bell the future jailbird is wearing a freaking CAGE. That seems pretty gutless to me - going around and trying to decapite someone when you KNOW you won't have to answer to anybody because you're wearing a freaking CAGE.

Oh and those Leafs fans that cheered when Alfie was down and booed when he got up by himself, you're a bunch of morons.

The hit was clean, there was no elbow. But as for the cage, he is wearing it because he has a fractured orbital bone that he got from a fight earlier in the season. Way to be informed numbnuts.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:08 am

WDHIII WDHIII:
SigPig SigPig:
snookums snookums:

The hit was clean, there was no elbow. But as for the cage, he is wearing it because he has a fractured orbital bone that he got from a fight earlier in the season. Way to be informed numbnuts.

Funny..... I didnt know snookums had nuts? [huh]

:wink:

That's news to me too ;)

BTW, I know full well why Bell had a freaking cage (remember, all the networks think we all want to know what happens to the Leafs, so it's shoved down our throat 24/7). He's still a gutless POS because he did what he did with a f*cking CAGE to protect his pretty face :evil:

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:10 am

WDHIII WDHIII:
SigPig SigPig:
snookums snookums:

Funny..... I didnt know snookums had nuts or that they were of the numb variety? [huh]

:wink:

I never claimed it was a biologically accurate jab, it was simply the first that came to mind. But ya I see the problem with it now :D