bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:32 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
YOUR_DEAD YOUR_DEAD:
Wullu Wullu:
Sorry Ken. No such thing as supporting the troops without supporting what it is they do.

It is a logical impossiblity.

Bull fucking shit! I am against the Iraq war, but have 2 friends that are there right now. I respect what they do and why they do it.

Soldiers don't create the policy, in this case(Iraq), chickenhawk civilian mother fuckers who were too scared to serve when it was their turn do.

We are talking about Afghanistan. I don't think there are too many of our volunteer soldiers who support the troops but are against the mission. You either support our troops or you don't. Anything else is just lefty propaganda and you are just fooling yourself.
We are achieving great things in Afghanistan. We are fighting people who kill women and children in the name of religion. People who think nothing of sending mental midgets into crowded markets to blow up innocents. People who destroy thousand year old statues, who turn soccer stadiums in mass execution venues. Need I go on?
If you think we shouldn't take these animals on then you are a lost cause.

I am for the mission in Afghanistan. But I think it is unfair to question the patriotism of those who aren't. Its what is supposed to make us different from the people that we are fighting against there. Those who have attacked Kenmore for his views must not respect that he has an equal right to share his opinion and that stifling it with insults goes against what we are fighting for.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:54 am

Defending a political system which permits discent is what this is about.

It is about supporting those who defend our freedom of speech---a freedom which includes the right to criticize the critics.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:11 pm

kenmore kenmore:
I support our troups...not the war ...

If I hear this left wing prattle one more time, I'm going to hurl. You cant say you support our troops but not what they are doing, doesn't make any sense sheila.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:26 pm

YOUR_DEAD YOUR_DEAD:

I am for the mission in Afghanistan. But I think it is unfair to question the patriotism of those who aren't. Its what is supposed to make us different from the people that we are fighting against there. Those who have attacked Kenmore for his views must not respect that he has an equal right to share his opinion and that stifling it with insults goes against what we are fighting for.

Then....please ask Kenny to temper his insults.

It's an insult to anyones intelligence to state that you support the troops but not the war.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:29 pm

Aging_Redneck Aging_Redneck:
kenmore kenmore:
I am against the war or any war.

You are against Canada providing security to a nation whose own government is not capable of protecting?

You are heartless.

With Kornflakes ideology, we would be speaking German or Japanese right now and thats just fine with him.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:30 pm

Sadly enough, something similair happened to our armouries about a month ago. It's sad because the only thing that prevents these people from living in a state that could shoot them outright for doing something like this are the soldiers they are trying to insult.

Not to mention it is completely gutless and cowardly. If you have something to say about what we do come say it to our face.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:36 pm

lily lily:
$1:
It's an insult to anyones intelligence to state that you support the troops but not the war.

Not really. I don't have to like what you're doing to still like you.

Yes really. We are talking about troops, plural, not personalities.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:37 pm

lily lily:
$1:

Not really. I don't have to like what you're doing to still like you.

fair enough, but what is there not to like about canadian troops providing security for afghanistan civilians?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Edmonton Oilers

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:45 pm

kenmore kenmore:
I am againts the war or any war... but I think these guys should get a stiff sentence ... same goes for the drunks who pissed on the war memorial...
respect please !

War is sometimes necessary when all options fail and that's the sad reality. As for these guys they are a product of the Anti-War Movement..

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:45 pm

lily lily:

Aging Redneck Aging Redneck:
fair enough, but what is there not to like about canadian troops providing security for afghanistan civilians?

Not a thing.

Iraq is different though.

how so? aren't american troops trying to provide security and peace for the civilians in Iraq?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:49 pm

Johnny_Utah Johnny_Utah:
kenmore kenmore:
I am againts the war or any war... but I think these guys should get a stiff sentence ... same goes for the drunks who pissed on the war memorial...
respect please !

War is sometimes necessary when all options fail and that's the sad reality. As for these guys they are a product of the Anti-War Movement..

It's no longer about war, because the taliban has already been annexed from power.

Now, its about the R.T.P.(responsibility to protect) policies that many left and right wing politicians have lectured about. The UN has decided that it has the responsibility to protect civilians that need protecting.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:55 pm

well what ever I support the troups... for their job and integrety...
because I dont support war its a double standard..? dont think so...
anway debate it beyond some peoples intelligence... ie buduh!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:58 pm

lily lily:
So expand a little. I can respect the troop(s) but dislike a particular war they're fighting.

War is war and it's never particular.

Would you not, in a role reversal, welcome Afghan troops in Canada to help put down suppression and womens rights. If so, would it not anger you to find that some Afghan people held the same views as some on this board. Both questions are rhetorical, just to explain my point.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:12 pm

Soon I will be working in Major's Hill Park overnights for a month. It is just a stones throw from that monument. I will keep an eye out and heavens help any of them if they strike again on my watch. PDT_Armataz_01_06

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Edmonton Oilers

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:05 pm

BluesBud BluesBud:
Soon I will be working in Major's Hill Park overnights for a month. It is just a stones throw from that monument. I will keep an eye out and heavens help any of them if they strike again on my watch. PDT_Armataz_01_06

Yeah and if you happen to catch those Fucks beat them around for a while the police would arrest you and the Media would make you out to be the bad guy..