canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:42 pm

<strong>Title: </strong> <a href="/link.php?id=32766" target="_blank">Below Windsor? Holy Cowtown</a> (click to view)

<strong>Category:</strong> <a href="/news/topic/14-misc-cdn" target="_blank">Misc CDN</a>
<strong>Posted By: </strong> <a href="/modules.php?name=Your_Account&op=userinfo&username=WDHIII" target="_blank">WDHIII</a>
<strong>Date: </strong> 2008-04-26 10:14:22
<strong>Canadian</strong>

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:42 pm

Hmmm, lived in Windsor for the first 18 years of my life and Kelowna for the most recent 8 months, and if it were not for the people back home, I wouldn't even have thought about going back.
Hmmm...
Weather - Gets a little colder in the Winter, but it wasn't overly drastic and from the sounds of the Windsorites I know living here, the Summers are completely superior (same heat, but a fuckload less humidity) and well, there's a lot more to do here that fits all the seasons.
Family Income? Uhhh, isn't that dropping in Windsor faster than you can say "plant closure," while a person with no job experience here can get $11-$14/h with benefits, scholarship opportunities, etc, etc, by working at a fast food place.
Okay, house prices are really fucking high here, although if one had properly saved, then it shouldn't be a problem to even find a nice place to rent for the mean time, until a place can be found, as there's enough of them being built.
Unemployement!? You couldn't get a job in Windsor if half the fucking population left for Kelowna... And for Kelowna, right now, the only reason a person doesn't have a job is because they don't want one, there's openings EVERYWHERE!
Population growth... well, I know a lot more Windsorites that live in Kelowna (about a dozen or so) than I do Kelownians/Kelownaites (wtf are these people called?) in Windsor (Oh, about... 0!) And most of the people I went to Uni with here, weren't from Kelowna.
Access to medical professionals, well, I don't actually know where the hospital is, but I've had to go to a clinic, dentist, and some others a few times and I've never had an overly long wait after a walk-in and the only appointment problems I've had for a follow up was one that was scheduled for next week, when I'm going to be 3k kms away (although, I did schedule it a week before I even decided where I was going to be)

So yeah, there's the opinion of one Windsorite/temp-Kelownaite