Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:06 am

Title: Outrage brews as Ottawa set to honour Morgentaler
Category: Misc CDN
Posted By: Canadaka
Date: 2008-07-01 02:56:34
Canadian

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:07 am

Great timing. Parliament not in session so the government doesn't have to answer questions in the House. But Harper - who will get loads of flack from his friends on the right - has cover. It is a committee who recommends to the GG not the PM who should be awarded the OC.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:13 am

There are so many deserving Canadians, there was no need to choose somebody like Dr. Baby_Killer.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:35 am

It is a sad day indeed when a serial killer gets the OC. What the tar are they thinking? 8O Who is on this committee? Unlike teflon jean, Harper needs to take responsibility for what goes on in committees. He needs to boot all these people off of it!!! Morgantaller is a mass murderer way to go idiots. Boy how my country disgusts me at times like this and makes me ashamed to be Canadian. Even ifyou agreewith abortion this is not appropriate to give a cheese dick this award. Soldiers who fought and died and famous people who contributed something great to Canada have accepted this award and this now cheapens everyone who actually deserved it. Shame Canada Shame!
HAPPY CANADA DAY!!! :rock:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:48 am

$1:
Even ifyou agreewith abortion this is not appropriate to give a cheese dick this award. Soldiers who fought and died and famous people who contributed something great to Canada have accepted this award and this now cheapens everyone who actually deserved it. Shame Canada Shame!
HAPPY CANADA DAY!!! :rock:

I agree. This award was designed for those who have made a significant contribution to the country. Performing abortions does not fit that category.

But we are now almost 20 years since the SCOC struck down restrictions on abortion. And over that period of time the politicians have not found the will to pass restrictions. It would be hard. Just recently the House in Westminster refused to reduce the threshold for UK abortions from 24 weeks to 20 weeks. And that is in a country where the anti-aborts are a lot more vocal than they are here.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:32 am

I'm not against abortion, but its a mistake to give this guy the "order of Canada" on such a divise issue.

Stupid idea, who ever was in charge of nominating him needs their ass kick.

Now Harper has to step in and clean this second string bureaucrat's clock.

Idiots.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:13 am

Bodah Bodah:
Now Harper has to step in and clean this second string bureaucrat's clock. Idiots.

That would just politicize the process. This is not the first time this has come up. Harper should have let them know a long time ago to stay away from Morgentaler. The public will undoubtedly blame the PM for this.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:47 am

warwickgreen warwickgreen:
That would just politicize the process. This is not the first time this has come up. Harper should have let them know a long time ago to stay away from Morgentaler. The public will undoubtedly blame the PM for this.

Seems like a no-brainer to most of us though, dont give the order of Canada to abortion doctors.

Harper has no choice he has to step in, once again he's placed in a damned if you do or damned if he don't situation.

Harper isnt to blame for this, just the idiot bureaucrat. But that wont stop the opposition parties from trying to tear a piece off him I'm sure.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:50 am

This stinks of a Liberal committee doing something just to embarass Harper.
Dosen't this crap need approval, and if the PMO approved this one, he's going to catch shit over this.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:57 am

ridenrain ridenrain:
Dosen't this crap need approval, and if the PMO approved this one, he's going to catch shit over this.

:roll: Gee, not one word was said about the Liberals being involved but that doesn't stop you from attempting to blame them.

Personally I hope they are involved up to the hilt. The man is a defender of the rights of women and deserves it.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:13 am

I crush your head! crush crush crush. XD

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:20 am

DerbyX DerbyX:
ridenrain ridenrain:

:roll: Gee, not one word was said about the Liberals being involved but that doesn't stop you from attempting to blame them.

Personally I hope they are involved up to the hilt. The man is a defender of the rights of women and deserves it.

The fact that you're for this cements my opinion that I'm right in my assumptions.
From the original article:

$1:
Appointments to the Order of Canada are made independently of government. They are the responsibility of Governor-General Michaëlle Jean, who accepts the recommendations of an independent advisory council that is chaired by Chief Justice Beverley McLachlin.

Kevin Lynch, the Clerk of the Privy Council - the government department that reports to the Prime Minister - is a member of the council. It is not clear whether Mr. Lynch would have advised Prime Minister Stephen Harper about the appointment. But Mr. Harper would have had no veto power.

Reguardless of the Doctor's qualifications, there are better and less contentious folks who are before him for this award.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:41 am

lily lily:
$1:
The man is a defender of the rights of women and deserves it.

If you want someone recognized for their role in "defending the rights of women" then choose someone who didn't benefit financially from abortion.

:roll: Damn all those other rotten doctors, nurses and healthcare professionals who selfishly ask for paychecks also.

We might also mention what he endured to ensure that women retain rights and ownership of their bodies hmmm.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:47 am

ridenrain ridenrain:
DerbyX DerbyX:
ridenrain ridenrain:

The fact that you're for this cements my opinion that I'm right in my assumptions.
From the original article:

$1:
Appointments to the Order of Canada are made independently of government. They are the responsibility of Governor-General Michaëlle Jean, who accepts the recommendations of an independent advisory council that is chaired by Chief Justice Beverley McLachlin.

Kevin Lynch, the Clerk of the Privy Council - the government department that reports to the Prime Minister - is a member of the council. It is not clear whether Mr. Lynch would have advised Prime Minister Stephen Harper about the appointment. But Mr. Harper would have had no veto power.

Reguardless of the Doctor's qualifications, there are better and less contentious folks who are before him for this award.

Like the vast majority of your beliefs you don't actually give a damn about the babies you just want to control peoples lives, a steadfast conservative belief.

You also want to ensure that the Liberal party somehow suffers fallout from what you just posted is a non party affiliated procedure and that just proves you are a hack to the few people who don't already know it.

You can cry all you want about how this was obviously designed by the Liberal party to expose the fact that a conservative majority will threaten the inalienable rights of Canadian women but all you are doing is in fact doing all the work for them.

Last edited by DerbyX on Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:48 am

lily lily:
Zooooooooommmmmmmmmm............

I understand that went right over your head but I didn't see the need to further emberass you.