canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:23 am

Title: American urban legend adapted for fallen Canadian soldiers in Afghanistan
Category: Strange
Posted By: WDHIII
Date: 2008-08-23 09:35:52
Canadian

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:23 am

In the book "16 Days" written by Christie Blatchford, there is a similar account but as she states in the book it is not on the flight to Canada but rather the flight from Toronto to the fallen soldiers home in Winnipeg. The story in the book is about two best friends who served together for 15 years and the CF member on the plane is Warrant Officer.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:04 pm

..people think those emails are true? If they were true, they'd be on the news.. not emails from relitives that send you chainletters. bah

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:11 pm

I got this same dam sob story from my Mother-in-law

She gets sucked into these scams so dam often I have her on my blocked list.

Snopes on Red Fridays

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:43 am

stokes stokes:
In the book "16 Days" written by Christie Blatchford, there is a similar account but as she states in the book it is not on the flight to Canada but rather the flight from Toronto to the fallen soldiers home in Winnipeg. The story in the book is about two best friends who served together for 15 years and the CF member on the plane is Warrant Officer.

I read that book, fantastic read, and remember that chapter.....had tears in my eyes the whole chapter....

whether the story is real or not, it is a good reminder that men and women are dying out there with our flag on their shoulders, they need to be honoured and remembered, if this email, fake as it may be, accomplishes this, then so be it.

[flag]