Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:23 am

Arctic_Menace Arctic_Menace:
$1:
Nunavut and Nunavik are huge but have small populations and everyone knows everyone,me included,give me a few more years and i'll know everyone in the territories.

In that case, do you know a film maker by the name of John Houston? :lol:

No,he live's in Halifax. :lol:

He is known even though he was from Baffin island.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:30 am

ridenrain ridenrain:
I did forget the forest. :(

I'm stinn not sure that drilling for oil is out of the question. It's definately an awful place but it may be economical if the price is high enough, or we finally get sick of the gouging from foreign sources.
What about these diamond mines you mention. Where are they?

Their all over the territories and the diamonds are cut right in Yellowknife now.
Theres also gold,platinum and uranium being prospected and drilled since the price has risen.Most have been drilled and logged 30 years ago,the french have been prospecting the territories for many years and theres 100 mines on the books again.

Diamondiferous bearing Kimberlite pipes are also being discovered all over Canada but mostly the north,even Alberta has kimberlites.

Read "the barrenlands" to see how Canada's diamond industry was discovered,the cook in that book (Dianne)is a good friend of mine.