canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:09 am

I guess we are both boggled

The statement still stands; abortion should always be legal in a free society. Its reprehensible that some women abuse the system, but there will always be those types of people. I would much rather see one woman use abortion as birth control than 100 women having them done illegally.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:18 am

lily lily:
Eisensapper Eisensapper:
I guess we are both boggled

The statement still stands; abortion should always be legal in a free society. Its reprehensible that some women abuse the system, but there will always be those types of people. I would much rather see one woman use abortion as birth control than 100 women having them done illegally.

And why are those the only options? What's wrong with giving women - and girls - access to support programs (such as daycare at school so they can graduate) so they can carry their babies to term?

They're there, they're just not advertised that frequently. Here in PG there's a program for teenage mothers to complete their high school education while carrying their child to term and afterward.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:22 am

I see nothing wrong with it at all, but my perception is that most women who desperately need government support are not the most responsible people. I know my view is horribly skewed though; I am a middle class white 24 year old male. I very rarely have contact with women who depend on government assistance to live. The women I do know who had abortions could very well have carried them to term and provided raised them with little government assistance. They however did not want children, and were not ready to become mothers.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:27 pm

100,000 dead babies a year in Canada, 1,000,000 dead babies in the U.S.A per year is no small concern.
If we take that number of adult Canadians or Americans and ask them if they wish they had been aborted, how many would say 'yes'?

You really have to hand it to Morgenthaler. As someone pointed out, his chain of taxpayer supported clinics make his corporation, about CDN $11,000,000.00 per year.

It's a strange country where you can get an abortion on demand at no cost at a private clinic. But if you set up a private clinic on the same taxpayer funded model, to look after womens health or save lives or cure disease - WHOA! that's illegal baby!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:30 pm

lily lily:
novachick novachick:
It would be a wonderful thing if science is able to find an earlier method than amniocentesis. That isn't the case yet.

Chorionic villus sampling (CVS) is done as early as 10-12 weeks.

CVS does not detect all genetic abnormalities and only produces a normal or abnormal result. An abnormal result is often then followed by an amniocentesis.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:50 pm

lily lily:
Or a blood test.

Fact is though - contrary to what you posted, there is an earlier method available than amnio.

And what does that have to do with the price of peanuts? My point was the incidence percentage of abortions per year after the second trimester is mainly attributed to risk factors in the child. You have to remember CVS only produces an abnormal result. That covers hundreds of abnormalities. Ranging from mild to severe.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:58 pm

lily lily:
Spin it as you like, it's still an earlier method than amnio.

Whatever rocks your world Lily :roll: Don't worry I'll let you have the last word so you can feel superior :D

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:56 pm

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:52 pm

Eisensapper Eisensapper:

ROTFL