CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 7580
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:40 pm
 


Actually harpers french skills are very shitty...Elizabeth May speaks better french..

En français nous disons qu'il parle avec un accent très mauvais





PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:01 pm
 


kenmore wrote:
ziggy wrote:
Need this.

thats just friggin rude! arrangant english are you?


I can speak some Inuktitut,my french skills arent that good though but I know enough to get by,lot's of french spoken in the territories. [B-o] I know enough to know when their conspiring to pull a fast one on me. [B-o] [B-o]


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 7580
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:54 pm
 


ziggy wrote:
kenmore wrote:
ziggy wrote:
Need this.

thats just friggin rude! arrangant english are you?


I can speak some Inuktitut,my french skills arent that good though but I know enough to get by,lot's of french spoken in the territories. [B-o] I know enough to know when their conspiring to pull a fast one on me. [B-o] [B-o]


So can you hold your own in a french debate? What is your mother tongue?
my point is that it is a double standard for the press or anyone else to belittle or make fun of how someone speaks English or French or any other language that isnt natural to them.. Do you believe that someone who speaks fluent Inuktitut but has difficulty with English should be denied being a member of parliament or being the PM?





PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:56 pm
 


My mother tounge is Slovakian.

But in Inuktitut I would greet you with Blahka kee kee khabluna.


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 3355
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:00 pm
 


I believe you. No english person would even mention their mothers "tounge", disgusting, ewh, :lol:


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 7580
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:04 pm
 


ziggy wrote:
My mother tounge is Slovakian.

But in Inuktitut I would greet you with Blahka kee kee khabluna.


You didn't answer my question...





PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:07 pm
 


kenmore wrote:
ziggy wrote:
My mother tounge is Slovakian.

But in Inuktitut I would greet you with Blahka kee kee khabluna.


You didn't answer my question...


Maybe because you really didnt ask one.





PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:11 pm
 


I have no idea what an englais is,I was born in Winnipeg,moved to toronto and then moved west as a kid.
I'm a Canadian.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 11958
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:11 pm
 


Cutting out the BS spin.

Dion was asked a question in Engrish, not Flench.

Most of the English speaking world understood the question, so did Dion.

His answer was nonexistent, meaning he did not have an answer.

The resulting blather was obviously a poor effort to deflect. Just like the current spinmiesters on this forum.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs


GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
Profile
Posts: 20460
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:23 pm
 


PluggyRug wrote:
Cutting out the BS spin.

Dion was asked a question in Engrish, not Flench.

Most of the English speaking world understood the question, so did Dion.

His answer was nonexistent, meaning he did not have an answer.

The resulting blather was obviously a poor effort to deflect. Just like the current spinmiesters on this forum.


Actualy no. The question was worded rather clumsily and was understandably misunderstood by Dion. He did answer the question. Its right there despite ridenhacks inability to read english.

You claim spin? This is spin. The interview miscommunication menas Dion doesn't understan the economy or have a plan? C'mon.

Regardless, its still better then voting for a man who tried to bribe a dying man eh! :lol:


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Calgary Flames


GROUP_AVATAR
Profile
Posts: 1651
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:52 pm
 


DerbyX wrote:
PluggyRug wrote:
Cutting out the BS spin.

Dion was asked a question in Engrish, not Flench.

Most of the English speaking world understood the question, so did Dion.

His answer was nonexistent, meaning he did not have an answer.

The resulting blather was obviously a poor effort to deflect. Just like the current spinmiesters on this forum.


Actualy no. The question was worded rather clumsily and was understandably misunderstood by Dion. He did answer the question. Its right there despite ridenhacks inability to read english.

You claim spin? This is spin. The interview miscommunication menas Dion doesn't understan the economy or have a plan? C'mon.

Regardless, its still better then voting for a man who tried to bribe a dying man eh! :lol:


C'mon Derby, you are a pretty intelligent guy, you honestly believe with all of your heart 100% that Dion had no clue what the Reporter was asking? Even if you believe that Dion has a hearing issue, you honestly think that the question was so poorly worded that a person who has been in politics on the Federal Stage since 1996 and a former member of the Privy Council did not understand regardless of his primary language.

I am a an anglo-phone and I dont make excuses for my inability to speak french because it is no ones fault but my own, I would also like to believe that Stephane Dion is also a man of character who really believes he should be PM, but I would expect more of him than what I have seen which is why he could never have my vote.

As for the Cadman affair, I think the term $1,000,000 sensationalized the issue. Financial considerations was probably his election costs(which are deductable anyway) once he became a member of the CPC.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs


GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
Profile
Posts: 20460
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:19 pm
 


stokes wrote:
C'mon Derby, you are a pretty intelligent guy, you honestly believe with all of your heart 100% that Dion had no clue what the Reporter was asking? Even if you believe that Dion has a hearing issue, you honestly think that the question was so poorly worded that a person who has been in politics on the Federal Stage since 1996 and a former member of the Privy Council did not understand regardless of his primary language.


Yes I do. I watched the interview in its entirity many times now. Its quite clear Dion was confused as to the context of tjhe question and not the substance. Its also clear he answered the substance.

Given the fact of bloopers I thknk it was wrong for a news outlet to promise not to air the footage then do so. Nicely bust the whole pro-Liberal media bias though doesn't it?

stokes wrote:
I am a an anglo-phone and I dont make excuses for my inability to speak french because it is no ones fault but my own, I would also like to believe that Stephane Dion is also a man of character who really believes he should be PM, but I would expect more of him than what I have seen which is why he could never have my vote.


Yet he has a legit hearing problem and quite frankly harper has exploited that. Thats all this is. Chalk it up to hearing problems, election stress and exhaustion and a noisy TV room and I think its understanable.

stokes wrote:
As for the Cadman affair, I think the term $1,000,000 sensationalized the issue. Financial considerations was probably his election costs(which are deductable anyway) once he became a member of the CPC.


1) The bribe was to secure a vote. Thats not election stuff.

2) Harper knew full well that Chuck was too sick to wage an election campaign. In fact he tried to convince Cadman in a meeting prior to the bribe. He was unable to convince chuck through legal means and the on the eve of the crucial vote his bagman visit again this happens? C'mon. He knew full well what was going down, hell he said it on tape.

"financial considerations" for an election he knew full well the man was too ill to wage?

Add to that the very credible testimony of the mans wife and daughter, 2 people who he would tell the truth too.

Harper is guilty. He tried everything to block the investigation and claimed the tape was doctored. His own expert concluded it wasn't.

During Adscam, Martin order a very public and full investigation while Harper has tried to block all investigation into it.

In addition, adscam broke the libs. harper deserves to fall and since he did not step down so does the CPC.


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Calgary Flames


GROUP_AVATAR
Profile
Posts: 1651
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:35 pm
 


DerbyX wrote:
stokes wrote:
C'mon Derby, you are a pretty intelligent guy, you honestly believe with all of your heart 100% that Dion had no clue what the Reporter was asking? Even if you believe that Dion has a hearing issue, you honestly think that the question was so poorly worded that a person who has been in politics on the Federal Stage since 1996 and a former member of the Privy Council did not understand regardless of his primary language.


Yes I do. I watched the interview in its entirity many times now. Its quite clear Dion was confused as to the context of tjhe question and not the substance. Its also clear he answered the substance.

Given the fact of bloopers I thknk it was wrong for a news outlet to promise not to air the footage then do so. Nicely bust the whole pro-Liberal media bias though doesn't it?

stokes wrote:
I am a an anglo-phone and I dont make excuses for my inability to speak french because it is no ones fault but my own, I would also like to believe that Stephane Dion is also a man of character who really believes he should be PM, but I would expect more of him than what I have seen which is why he could never have my vote.


Yet he has a legit hearing problem and quite frankly harper has exploited that. Thats all this is. Chalk it up to hearing problems, election stress and exhaustion and a noisy TV room and I think its understanable.

stokes wrote:
As for the Cadman affair, I think the term $1,000,000 sensationalized the issue. Financial considerations was probably his election costs(which are deductable anyway) once he became a member of the CPC.


1) The bribe was to secure a vote. Thats not election stuff.

2) Harper knew full well that Chuck was too sick to wage an election campaign. In fact he tried to convince Cadman in a meeting prior to the bribe. He was unable to convince chuck through legal means and the on the eve of the crucial vote his bagman visit again this happens? C'mon. He knew full well what was going down, hell he said it on tape.

"financial considerations" for an election he knew full well the man was too ill to wage?

Add to that the very credible testimony of the mans wife and daughter, 2 people who he would tell the truth too.

Harper is guilty. He tried everything to block the investigation and claimed the tape was doctored. His own expert concluded it wasn't.

During Adscam, Martin order a very public and full investigation while Harper has tried to block all investigation into it.

In addition, adscam broke the libs. harper deserves to fall and since he did not step down so does the CPC.



1. It would have been the election costs, because his vote would have caused the government to fall.

2. his wife for all of her shit that she chucked at Harper, is now running for the CPC...hmmmm...either way kind of fishy to me.

3. Harper did not block the investigation, he had his MP's doing their jobs in the committees to get the real business of the country done, he made a claim that maybe the tape was doctored, it isnt so he'll deal with the consequences which is probably another minority.

4. Chretien and Martin never stepped down over scandal why should Harper, after all it is a level playing field.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs


GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
Profile
Posts: 20460
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:49 pm
 


stokes wrote:
1. It would have been the election costs, because his vote would have caused the government to fall.

2. his wife for all of her shit that she chucked at Harper, is now running for the CPC...hmmmm...either way kind of fishy to me.

3. Harper did not block the investigation, he had his MP's doing their jobs in the committees to get the real business of the country done, he made a claim that maybe the tape was doctored, it isnt so he'll deal with the consequences which is probably another minority.

4. Chretien and Martin never stepped down over scandal why should Harper, after all it is a level playing field.


1) No ot would not have been since Harper knew full well about Chucks health and that he was simply too ill to wage an election campaign.

2) His wife actually believed harper when he said he did not know about the 1 mil bribe. She simply told the truth about what her husband told her as did their daughter. For that she has been vilified by the very party supporters she serves. To me her words are more valid then if she were a Lib.

3) Harper did block the investigation. He attemptd to silence all involved and tried to block a tape he claimed was doctored. Now that his own expert has verified it he claims it actually helps his case. Innocent men don't try and lie about the evidence they later claim exonertates them.

4) Martin called for the very public investigation that ultimately led to his downfall. Later a judge who blasted the RCMP for obvious pro-CPC propaganda found both Martin and Chretien innocent.

A far cry from Harper claiming his taped words were doctored only to be proven false.

Bonus: Do you honestly believe Harper knew nothing about any attept to use money to convince Chuck Cadman to vote with the CPC?

C'mon.


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Calgary Flames


GROUP_AVATAR
Profile
Posts: 1651
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:04 pm
 


DerbyX wrote:
stokes wrote:
1. It would have been the election costs, because his vote would have caused the government to fall.

2. his wife for all of her shit that she chucked at Harper, is now running for the CPC...hmmmm...either way kind of fishy to me.

3. Harper did not block the investigation, he had his MP's doing their jobs in the committees to get the real business of the country done, he made a claim that maybe the tape was doctored, it isnt so he'll deal with the consequences which is probably another minority.

4. Chretien and Martin never stepped down over scandal why should Harper, after all it is a level playing field.


1) No ot would not have been since Harper knew full well about Chucks health and that he was simply too ill to wage an election campaign.

2) His wife actually believed harper when he said he did not know about the 1 mil bribe. She simply told the truth about what her husband told her as did their daughter. For that she has been vilified by the very party supporters she serves. To me her words are more valid then if she were a Lib.

3) Harper did block the investigation. He attemptd to silence all involved and tried to block a tape he claimed was doctored. Now that his own expert has verified it he claims it actually helps his case. Innocent men don't try and lie about the evidence they later claim exonertates them.

4) Martin called for the very public investigation that ultimately led to his downfall. Later a judge who blasted the RCMP for obvious pro-CPC propaganda found both Martin and Chretien innocent.

A far cry from Harper claiming his taped words were doctored only to be proven false.

Bonus: Do you honestly believe Harper knew nothing about any attept to use money to convince Chuck Cadman to vote with the CPC?

C'mon.


Martin and Chretien were only found innocent because they were smart enough to burn all of the documents with their names on them, as you know, when it comes to the law, only the things you can prove are entered into evidence.

How did Harper try to block the investigation, besides suing the Libs for libel because of unfounded accusations on their website, house of commons anything is fair game, outside you need to becareful...hell even Kenmore threatened to sue me over a stupid comment I made.....its the society where we live where litigation on unproven accusations is the norm.

Sure Harper wanted Cadmans vote I wont deny it one bit, I think our disagreement is how far he would have gone to get it, financial considerations for a possible upcoming election is not exactly illegal even if the guy is too sick to run again, maybe that is the real issue about how a party tried to get a vote from a sick man, I think no one would care if he would have been healthy.

Nobody cried when Belinda Stronach screwed the CPC, and lord knows what they offered her, but the Liebrals dont get caught on tape so it is a non-issue


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests



cron
 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.