CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 50938
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:59 am
 


Aren't you from Mars? :?

;-)


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
Profile
Posts: 5164
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:01 am
 


Are you from venus?


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 50938
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:02 am
 


Isn't it weird that we meet on Earth then? :lol:


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
Profile
Posts: 5164
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:05 am
 


I think this is where all the cool people hang out....


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8543
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:22 am
 


ShepherdsDog wrote:
Quote:
Situated in an area called the Madeira Abyssal Plane


Here's a good reason why it couldn't be the remains of an ancient civilization. It is 5 440 m down and even during the height of the last Ice Age, it was still under more than 5.1 km of water.
Ahh Shep, you have obviously never seen Aquamen!
I would say that that is the answer to what these things are. Weren't the Aquamen mentioned in Genesis? :lol:


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 22594
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:44 am
 


Image
It's so obvious..


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 11850
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:49 am
 


It must exist...I just watched an episode on tv. There is also a Stargate to hide the 9/11 conspirators.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8543
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:04 am
 


ridenrain wrote:
Image
It's so obvious..
Hey, that Mom sea monkey is a babe! :lol:


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1331
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:28 am
 


Dayseed wrote:
Sapio wrote:
In the traditional account of Atlantis the city is circle shape.

Atlantis as a people is most like the Minoans on Crete. They reached a level that woulds seem to the Greeks to be miles ahead. As a land mass it could be any number of smaller islands. Some of which were saw people destroyed by nature occurrences.

Much like Homer, the account of Atlantis is a mix of hundreds of years of history and stories. Covering Minoan, Mycenaean, dark-age and early classical Greece.


Say what?

Plato cooked up Atlantis all on his own. That's it. There's no mix of history involved. Besides, your list of histories which were involved don't include Egypt...where Plato said Socrates got the idea to begin.


I think you missed the point of what I was saying. "stories". Most of it is stories, but some of the stuff he describes fits with the Minoan (for example). Plus, we do know that island in the Mediterranean have been attacked by earthquakes, volcanoes and waves. He took it to far and much was add to make it look great than it was. Yes, there was likely some Egypt in there was as well. So off the whole story, which may have been loses base on a oral tail, maybe only 3% base in history, but that 3% is still valuable to history's.

As for Homer, he have more evidence to support, but a lot of it was made up as well.


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 3196
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:59 am
 


Sapio wrote:
I think you missed the point of what I was saying. "stories". Most of it is stories, but some of the stuff he describes fits with the Minoan (for example). Plus, we do know that island in the Mediterranean have been attacked by earthquakes, volcanoes and waves. He took it to far and much was add to make it look great than it was. Yes, there was likely some Egypt in there was as well. So off the whole story, which may have been loses base on a oral tail, maybe only 3% base in history, but that 3% is still valuable to history's.

As for Homer, he have more evidence to support, but a lot of it was made up as well.


Sorry bud, but Plato specifically referred to Atlantis being beyond the Straits of Gibraltar. It ain't referred to as being in the Mediterranean. Other people who make up stuff beyond what Plato made up doesn't provide additional evidence.

And no, "there was likely some Egypt in there" doesn't bolster your point. Plato said that Socrates was speaking with an Egyptian priest about Atlantis. That's the reference point.

Atlantis isn't real. Neither is Darth Vader, Harry Potter, the Matrix, that teleporting Black Fortress from Krull, flux-capacitors or even Dr. Gregory House. The jury is out on oscillation overthrusters.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 50938
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:01 pm
 


Harry Potter and Dr. House are not real! 8O 8O

*drops down on knees, crying hysterically*

There go alllll my dreams :twisted:


Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 19989
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:04 pm
 


Thank God we still have the TARDIS....Image


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 6574
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:08 pm
 


That's amazing.
With our technology now, it was just a matter of time until we find it. And Google did it ! :o

But Cousteau is dead :(


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 4117
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:23 pm
 


I saw one on the discovery channel about a atlantis type thing in the Japanese Ocean.
It had almost perfectly carved big bolder square sized steps and seemed to go in s pattern of a pyramid. Like it was the top head of one and the rest was stuck in the sand.

surrounding it was these other things that looked like broken down walls.

There wasn't much left but they all said that it looked too good and straight to be man made.

I bet there is a bunch of these goodies in the ocean. Much like has just happened to that Mexican island where they blamed the CIA for it's dissapearance.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 7594
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:34 pm
 


Dayseed wrote:
Sapio wrote:
I think you missed the point of what I was saying. "stories". Most of it is stories, but some of the stuff he describes fits with the Minoan (for example). Plus, we do know that island in the Mediterranean have been attacked by earthquakes, volcanoes and waves. He took it to far and much was add to make it look great than it was. Yes, there was likely some Egypt in there was as well. So off the whole story, which may have been loses base on a oral tail, maybe only 3% base in history, but that 3% is still valuable to history's.

As for Homer, he have more evidence to support, but a lot of it was made up as well.


Sorry bud, but Plato specifically referred to Atlantis being beyond the Straits of Gibraltar. It ain't referred to as being in the Mediterranean. Other people who make up stuff beyond what Plato made up doesn't provide additional evidence.

And no, "there was likely some Egypt in there" doesn't bolster your point. Plato said that Socrates was speaking with an Egyptian priest about Atlantis. That's the reference point.

Atlantis isn't real. Neither is Darth Vader, Harry Potter, the Matrix, that teleporting Black Fortress from Krull, flux-capacitors or even Dr. Gregory House. The jury is out on oscillation overthrusters.


Not only is the geography wrong (beyond the Pillars of Hercules) but so is the date (Plato's ca 9600 BCE vs. Minoan late 2700 - 1400s BCE) AND couple that with the fact that the only mention (in its narrative) is Plato and we've got little to no history.

Sorry, Atlantis is a myth. But hey, its supporters will mold, change, alter, mash and shove anything they can into Plato's account. That's great storytelling, but it doesn't pass as history.


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.