CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:03 am

Ripcat Ripcat:
martin14 martin14:
nice speech Rip, any Cups from that ?

:)

No thanks to Kerry Fraser...the '93 Cup should have been the Leafs!

shoulda shoulda shoulda.......
now, forgive me, i'm old, you know, memory not so good,

but who was it that won in '93 ?

:wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:19 am

JFJ's long gone know so the Leafs have no where to go but up. I doubt that Burke's dumb enough to hand out multi-million deals with idiotic no-trade clauses to third and fourth line bit players the same way Freguson was doing. Give it a couple more years of weeding out the deadwood that JFJ kept around and Toronto should be back into the thick of things.

I forgot how badly the Leafs had gotten screwed on the Gretzky non-call by Kerry Fraser back in '93. That episode must have been a warm-up for Fraser for when Fraser fucked over the Flames the following year during the Canucks series in the second round of '94. Four penalties called in one game against Gary Roberts for goaltender interference for even getting within three feet of Kirk McLean? Yeah, good ol' Kerry sure showed his objectivity during that one. Fucking evil little prick. Worst NHL referee ever, unless you're a fan of one of the US teams whose penalties always magically seem to escape his notice. :evil:

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:36 pm

Bah just one more reason to HATE Sundin.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:23 pm

Leaf fans...probably still think Dewey won the election, Truman thought so too when he read the morning newspaper...

Not sure which I hate more Leaf fans or people who drive Toyotas? Democrats are pretty low on the pole as well.... :D :D :D :D :D

**Once again, this thread is about Sundin and the Canucks, please keep your comments on topic**

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:36 pm

Heavy_Metal Heavy_Metal:
Bah just one more reason to HATE Sundin.

Why? What exactly did he do (in his 13 years as a staunch Leaf) that was so bad. Refresh my memory.

Hell, the guy has over 1300 points and chooses to play for Canadian teams. How many fellow Canadian Hall of Famers have done that over the years? That's gotta count for something eh?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:54 pm

Cherry got it right when he lamented "the Leafs will never win a Cup with that chicken Swede" the day they traded a true leader, Wendall Clarke to the Nords for Matts...

Harold Ballard claimed Ingra Hamerstrom could go into a corner with his a dozen eggs and not crack one...!!!!

I'll take Davie Keon over Matts Sundin and Ingra Hamerstrom any day... Borje Salming, now there was a class act....!!!!

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:18 pm

Thanos Thanos:
I forgot how badly the Leafs had gotten screwed on the Gretzky non-call by Kerry Fraser back in '93. That episode must have been a warm-up for Fraser for when Fraser fucked over the Flames the following year during the Canucks series in the second round of '94. Four penalties called in one game against Gary Roberts for goaltender interference for even getting within three feet of Kirk McLean? Yeah, good ol' Kerry sure showed his objectivity during that one. Fucking evil little prick. Worst NHL referee ever, unless you're a fan of one of the US teams whose penalties always magically seem to escape his notice. :evil:

Fraser's WORST fuck-up was the Brett Hull in-the-crease-goal that ass-raped the Sabres. He wasn't anti-Canadian, he was just terrible. I asked Bill McCreary why the NHL allowed him to continue and Bill said "I have no comments about other officials." :wink:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:31 am

I remember when the Nords traded Matts to the Make Me Laughs for Wendall, TO management were hyping Matts as the next Big M...