Date: 2009-02-22 13:27:45
Canadian

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:38 pm

Sounds like it started out as typical teenage drama, then escalated.

Next, Mediation doesn't work, just pisses people off. Why would the bully's want to mediate what they enjoy doing?

What did Lindsay do to set them off?

If she's so pretty, why doesn't she have a bf she can lock arms with all the time?

And why the hell would she put her name on national news? Thats just going to attract even more attention, some of it negatively towards her.

In short, slow news day.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:48 pm

Schools really do a piss poor job with bullying. Seriously. I was a victim for a long time, until I started attacking back, thus the issue ended. However, this issue is a schools usually make the victim suffer, usually by isolating them, instead of punishing and isolating the bullies.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:57 pm

$1:
If she's so pretty, why doesn't she have a bf she can lock arms with all the time?

EXfuckinCUSE me?

Are you out of your mind or something???

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:00 pm

CM, the ladies here will probably jump on you for the bf bit,
so I'll leave that to them.

Sad story bout things getting out of hand. I got picked on a bit
during high school cause I was the new kid in a small town,
and nobody did anything to help, so i took care of it myself.

Seems the girls just saw they werent consequences for their actions,
and it let help push the situation further and further.

Funny though, I cant see many of the girls I went to high school with
being bullied like that, guess things have changed :?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:04 pm

Girls can definitely be malicious these days... :?

In all reality this situation is the failure of the school. They didn't act, and the bullies in question took that as a sign that they weren't in danger of reprieve.

Also, while fighting back usually tends to work out for boys, it's not the same for girls...

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 4:16 pm

just horrible to hear that with all the attention bullying in schools has received over the past few years this sort of crap is still going on with little or no support from the adult administration who is there to keep the children safe.

I would think leveling a criminal harrassment charge against the ladies followed with a nice civil suit would do wonders, especially if there is a restraining order against the girls pending the outcome of the harrassment.

I know this is wishful thinking but it would be nice to see the student body back this poor girl up and turn the tables on the bullies, not bully them in turn, but make it known to them that the STUDENTS of the school won't put up with bullying.

Also what are the parents of these girls doing? If I ever found out my kid was bullying another person I would FLIP, say good bye to your friends honey, YOUR OFF TO MILITARY SCHOOL! oh yeah and ALL the stuff you like is going to the less fortunate.....feel good about what you've done now?

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:04 pm

The internet is the source of most of the increases in bullying. It's not the schools' faults that it spills over into that realm. On-line is really the place where we need to intercede, and that MUST be a parent-led initiative.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:05 pm

Axeman Axeman:
The internet is the source of most of the increases in bullying. It's not the schools' faults that it spills over into that realm. On-line is really the place where we need to intercede, and that MUST be a parent-led initiative.

You can not stop internet bullying.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:06 pm

Axeman Axeman:

it is the schools fault when they do nothing when it 'spills over' into their realm.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:13 pm

Heavy_Metal Heavy_Metal:
Axeman Axeman:

it is the schools fault when they do nothing when it 'spills over' into their realm.

Ding ding ding ding!

The bus driver, for example, should be fired if he didn't do anything, and if the school KNEW this was happening, and yet did not do much else but half measures, then somebody in the faculty should be punished as well...

Arctic is right, fighting back does work more for guys than for girls, with the exception of when girls bully guys (more words than physical things, but once a girl tossed a pencil case at me, which nearly started a huge fight in my class, but of course I got my revenge by tossing her pencil case in the garbage), which happens a few times to me (my psoriasis, specifically) and punching a girl in the face will get you into deep shit. Girls are getting brutal in schools, and something should be done.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:13 am

Video of the story here.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:28 am

If kids are allowed to get away with murder, why the hell should they worry about the reprecussions for bullying?

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:27 am

Heavy_Metal Heavy_Metal:

Of course, but you're talking about a reactive stop-gap. Schools boards are trying to deal with these issues, but are powerless at the source. The only way to curb these incidents is to be proactive and that means parents must do a better job of monitoring their children's on-line activities. I would argue that no children under 18 should be allowed to use the net unsupervised (granted, that would be next to impossible to enfore), but my kids won't be on-line unsupervised if I can prevent it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:35 am

SEND IN MAURY!!!!