canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:42 pm

Dudeman320 wrote:
i want to know what Rihanna did to get Chris to hit her, i think that she is too innocent. nobody would hit rihanna for no reason, think aobut it, She could have kicked him in the nuts and if he hit her, then its all his fault, its the way the U.S. media works

YOU OBVIOUSLY KNOW FUCK-ALL ABOUT THE SUBJECT OF THIS TOPIC!!!

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:11 pm

Quote:
I completeley understand your consternation over the fact that it seems that people are making a big fuss because she is a celebrity Tricks. In most regards I feel the same way about celebities. This particular situation is different in that a lot of young women who are in similar domestic situations are also watching Rhianna closely. The thinking in general is that if she had stood up to this POS and said NEVER AGAIN ASSHOLE, a lot of other women in abusive relationships would have followed suit. Unfortunately, they will now be more inclined to stay with their abusers!

Well said. It's really unfortunate she couldn't have at least held out until he accepted receiving some type of treatment for his abusive behaviour. That at least would have sent a positive message about abusive boyfriends.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:19 pm

Hey there. Wake up. Some women LOVE men who abuse them. They say if the man doesn't give them some fisticuffs, the man doesn't love them. And some of you women know how sweet making up is. After the man black up your eyes and bruise up your lips, he comes on all sweet and syrupy, tending to the bruises. You fall for it and the sex is the greatest sex you ever had. It happens all the time. Foolish women and jackass men. I would send the fucker packing the first time he abused me. As a matter of fact, I would not give him the chance to hit me. I'd slice him up as soon as he raise his hand to strike me. :twisted:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:20 pm

Sure. Big talk. Believe me hun, it ain't working that way.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:23 pm

You talking to me, sexy Brenda? :mrgreen:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:04 pm

Dudeman320 wrote:
i want to know what Rihanna did to get Chris to hit her, i think that she is too innocent. nobody would hit rihanna for no reason, think aobut it, She could have kicked him in the nuts and if he hit her, then its all his fault, its the way the U.S. media works

8O Now I understand.

I seriously hope you are joking. Nobody would hurt somebody who is so innocent? care to explain all the innocent children abused and murdered?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:24 pm

Dudeman320 wrote:

Well arent you a piece of fucking work

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:26 pm

dredscott wrote:
Hey there. Wake up. Some women LOVE men who abuse them. They say if the man doesn't give them some fisticuffs, the man doesn't love them. And some of you women know how sweet making up is. After the man black up your eyes and bruise up your lips, he comes on all sweet and syrupy, tending to the bruises. You fall for it and the sex is the greatest sex you ever had. It happens all the time. Foolish women and jackass men. I would send the fucker packing the first time he abused me. As a matter of fact, I would not give him the chance to hit me. I'd slice him up as soon as he raise his hand to strike me. :twisted:

Youre fucked too :?

Where the fuck are all these idiots coming from. Btw...I call bullshit on you being female

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:30 pm

TattoodGirl wrote:
dredscott wrote:

Where the fuck are all these idiots coming from. Btw...I call bullshit on you being female

Hyack made this one 'disappear'. The other one seems to have taken the advice to 'bugger off' as well. Good ridance to them both!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:37 pm

Yogi wrote:
TattoodGirl wrote:
dredscott wrote:

Hyack made this one 'disappear'. The other one seems to have taken the advice to 'bugger off' as well. Good ridance to them both!

Maybe they are one and the same 8O

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:39 pm

Women and their relationship with abusers is a difficult concept to understand. While I don't blame them for being abused by cowardly men I struggle to understand how they do go back even knowing about the dependency psychology.

As earlier posted I have some personal experience and I wonder how to help. I thought I was once but in the end apparently made it worse.

Rhiannas situation seems similar. She was supported by so many people who are now dumbfounded that she would go back to this man.

How do you help somebody who will hold her supporters to blame? :?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:51 pm

By telling them, straight up, you fear for their safety, but will support them in their decision.(thats a tough one). Help them with a safety plan, bag with personal items, some money, duplicate I.D....all kept at a safe place. Give the woman numbers of safe houses and tell her to have cab fare tucked away somewhere.

Walk away and be there when the phone rings. Unfortunately, these women have been stripped of all self esteem and are terrified to do it on their own. In an abusive relationship, there is more than the physical, its financial, emotional, the abuser may even call Child and families on the woman if she leaves with the kids...or threaten her friends and family with harm. Its complex and heartbreaking

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:59 pm

TattoodGirl wrote:
By telling them, straight up, you fear for their safety, but will support them in their decision.(thats a tough one). Help them with a safety plan, bag with personal items, some money, duplicate I.D....all kept at a safe place. Give the woman numbers of safe houses and tell her to have cab fare tucked away somewhere.

Walk away and be there when the phone rings. Unfortunately, these women have been stripped of all self esteem and are terrified to do it on their own. In an abusive relationship, there is more than the physical, its financial, emotional, the abuser may even call Child and families on the woman if she leaves with the kids...or threaten her friends and family with harm. Its complex and heartbreaking

R=UP

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:18 pm

As a young man in university I wish I knew that.

What grieves me most is the information that after getting out of this abusive situation she got into another even after moving to a different city. :?

I have little info as I only learned the details through friends. She never spoke to me again after breaking off our friendship when I did what I did to her BF/abuser.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:21 pm

I wish I had had friends who knew what to do... Who knew what TG just said...