Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:16 pm

I think a majority of Canadians are more worried about their homes and jobs to be concerned with environmental topics right now.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:17 pm

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
Not born, no. She was born American. In Connecticut. She moved to Nova Scotia with her family when she was 18.

But the joke was that she would look Great in Britain. You know, teeth all gnarly.

Screw it, joke lost. :(

aww look the little mouth piece is making stereotype jokes. :lol: :P

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:20 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:
I think a majority of Canadians are more worried about their homes and jobs to be concerned with environmental topics right now.

May will never be able to understand something like that.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:21 pm

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Would that be you stereo-typing Brits? Awfully un-tolerant of you eh?

I hold nothing against the Brits, but I find stereotypes of all cultures and people absolute comedic gold, even Anti-Canadian jokes are funny if they are well-made.

But I don't "mean it". It's not to offend, it's to laugh.

Who's supposed to find that funny?
I'm a Brit and I didn't find it funny. And my teeth are rather nice.
Did you find it funny?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:22 pm

mtbr mtbr:
Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
Not born, no. She was born American. In Connecticut. She moved to Nova Scotia with her family when she was 18.

But the joke was that she would look Great in Britain. You know, teeth all gnarly.

Awwe look, the racist redneck chicken doesn't understand the difference between making a crack at a stereotype and just being an all around racist farm animal. :)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:24 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Would that be you stereo-typing Brits? Awfully un-tolerant of you eh?

I hold nothing against the Brits, but I find stereotypes of all cultures and people absolute comedic gold, even Anti-Canadian jokes are funny if they are well-made.

But I don't "mean it". It's not to offend, it's to laugh.

Who's supposed to find that funny?
I'm a Brit and I didn't find it funny. And my teeth are rather nice.
Did you find it funny?

*shakes head*

I hate people who can't laugh at their own culture.

Did I find what funny? My joke? Well, it was mild at best. A small crack. Something that one really would LOL at, but might smile.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:26 pm

Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:
mtbr mtbr:
Mr_Canada Mr_Canada:

Awwe look, the racist redneck chicken doesn't understand the difference between making a crack at a stereotype and just being an all around racist farm animal. :)

:lol: :lol:
and your comment is any different than mine...you are completely out to lunch.

have you found any post that I made criticizing Muslims are Islam?

have you found any post that I have ever made criticizing a visible minority?

Good luck with your search.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:21 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
http://www.michaelgeist.ca/content/view/3427/125/

Maybe not Jack, but the chick who wears the pants in the Layton clan did and does.

:?: :?: :?:

So Olivia Chow and the Green Party both support copyright reform with fair use in mind, and that somehow is equivalent to the NDP supporting May and the green party? Try again.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:03 pm

RUEZ RUEZ:

Goes hand in hand.. the environmental issue will create jobs... jobs polluted it and jobs are needed to clean it up.. many people are worried about the environment and the future for their children and grandchildren.. We have to start somewhere and not encouraging the use of oil is one of them..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:07 pm

kenmore kenmore:
RUEZ RUEZ:

Goes hand in hand.. the environmental issue will create jobs... jobs polluted it and jobs are needed to clean it up.. many people are worried about the environment and the future for their children and grandchildren.. We have to start somewhere and not encouraging the use of oil is one of them..

true, all that environmental pollution from the now defunct manufacturing industry in southern Ontario really needs to be cleaned up. We could put the 1 million unemployed Ontarian's to work by cleaning up the mess :P

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:33 pm

kenmore kenmore:
RUEZ RUEZ:

There's a difference between "encouraging" and "relying" on oil. But RUEZ is right on. People are more concerned of the economy than of environment at the moment.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:38 pm

Proculation Proculation:
kenmore kenmore:
RUEZ RUEZ:

There's a difference between "encouraging" and "relying" on oil. But RUEZ is right on. People are more concerned of the economy than of environment at the moment.

It'll definitely be interesting to see what happens to their vote share in the next election, if the economy is still in the tank.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:48 pm

It's Mazlow's Hierarchy of Needs. You don't worry about the big picture items like the environment when you are struggling to make ends meet. But the environment as an issue has been in a downswing for a long time. Canadians just like to hear that they are environemtnally friendly now, when in fact our laws tend to be much more lax than big bad US laws.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:08 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
in fact our laws tend to be much more lax than big bad US laws.

I'll call bullshit on that one.

You got some facts and figures in laymans terms Zip?
Show me how Canada has less regulation and due diligence then the states.
You cant take a piss off a road without a permit in the oilfields and you have to do habitat mitigation anywhere in Canada which is some of the best in the world.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:16 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
It's Mazlow's Hierarchy of Needs. You don't worry about the big picture items like the environment when you are struggling to make ends meet. But the environment as an issue has been in a downswing for a long time. Canadians just like to hear that they are environemtnally friendly now, when in fact our laws tend to be much more lax than big bad US laws.

I think that food is right up there on Maslows theory.. If we live in a polluted environment where we cant grow crops or eat the meat from animals we are SOL..
Housing and jobs are important too for self actualization but many jobs can be created cleaning up the environment and developing methods to protect the earth for future generations. . No point having a job if you cant buy food,,,you have to fuel the body first before anything else would have meaning. not to mention clean air to breath and fresh clean water to drink.. take another look at Maslows pyramid..
food, water, air are right up there..