Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:15 pm

And what was your saintly victims intent when he decided to hang onto a moving car and it's driver?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:18 pm

Robair Robair:
NancyDrew NancyDrew:
Robair Robair:
Huh? Post a link. Prove it.

I swear I read that yesterday, but can't find the story right now.

The CBC reported that witnesses saw the victim hanging onto the car as it jumped a curb and side swiped a mailbox and a tree, trying to dislodge the victim apparently.

Do we know that Bryant hadn't put the window up on the victim's hands?

If by "we" you mean anybody that has bothered to watch the video, then yes, "we" know that the window was not rolled up on Al's hands.

The link to that video doesn't work for some reason.

So I guess now whenever a squeegee kid grabs onto our car to clean the windshield, we can just drive off in our 2,000 pound+ vehicle with total disregard to the squeegee kid and if he's hurt or killed just claim we were in fear for our lives?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:20 pm

Robair Robair:
And what was your saintly victims intent when he decided to hang onto a moving car and it's driver?

Unfortunately, the victim is DEAD, so we'll likely never know.

Of course, we're going to hear Bryant's lawyers whining about just how dastardly the victim was to Bryant before he used his car to kill him. :roll:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:23 pm

Fair warning:

This had better not turn into some emotion driven dog pile. Stick to the facts, turn down the emotion and please carry on.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:27 pm

NancyDrew NancyDrew:
Robair Robair:

The CBC reported that witnesses saw the victim hanging onto the car as it jumped a curb and side swiped a mailbox and a tree, trying to dislodge the victim apparently.

Other than the fact that it's IMPOSSIBLE to roll someone's hands up and get stuck against AIR.

It was a convertible! THE TOP WAS DOWN.

For someone that's debating the issue so passionately, you have no clue about what happened at all.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:28 pm

NancyDrew NancyDrew:

The link to that video doesn't work for some reason.

http://citynews.video.citytv.com/video/ ... st-Killed/

it works fine. It's a flash player, give it 20 seconds to load.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:29 pm

SprCForr SprCForr:
Fair warning:

This had better not turn into some emotion driven dog pile. Stick to the facts, turn down the emotion and please carry on.

:?: I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, but haven't we been discussing the topic respectfully?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:31 pm

I think that if the cyclist was drinking and had an altercation with the police prior to this event, his judgement was obviously skewed. Bryant's however was not. He should have stopped the car before this got to this horrible ending.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:34 pm

She's a newbie. None of my business, really, but -4 was pretty harsh, Robair.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:34 pm

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
NancyDrew NancyDrew:
Robair Robair:

Other than the fact that it's IMPOSSIBLE to roll someone's hands up and get stuck against AIR.

It was a convertible! THE TOP WAS DOWN.

For someone that's debating the issue so passionately, you have no clue about what happened at all.

There's no need to be insulting.

No, I haven't seen the videos, I have read the news reports and have viewed various pictures.

It is my opinion that this is a case of road rage with tragic consequences. The victim had no weapon, there is no proof that he was drunk (at the present time anyway), nobody knows what the original altercation was between Bryant and the dead victim and as a driver myself, I have seen many instances of drivers nearly running cyclists off the road. That may have been the case here, who knows?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 pm

kenmore kenmore:
I think that if the cyclist was drinking and had an altercation with the police prior to this event, his judgement was obviously skewed. Bryant's however was not. He should have stopped the car before this got to this horrible ending.

I agree. Reports are that the cyclist had been drinking, but we don't know if he was drunk at the time of this incident. That said, Bryant had reportedly not been drinking and therefore should have stopped his car before anyone was seriously hurt. It's a tragedy and Bryant should be held fully accountable.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:52 pm

NancyDrew NancyDrew:
:?: I'm sorry for the misunderstanding, but haven't we been discussing the topic respectfully?

This thread indicates a very real possibilty of turning into a flame war or some other emotional dogpile.

My warning serves notice that it had better not.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:54 pm

Why havn't you watched the video?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:11 pm

someone a couple pages back asked me what I would do if I was the driver.

http://www.3feetplease.com/

It's not the law in Canada, or 2/3 of the US, but I follow this rule anyways.

Edit: last Saturday, I just about cut off anothe driver. He was so pissed at me he pulled a Uturn and ended up at my window looking like he wanted to fight.

I could have drove away, but I rolled down the window and decided to speak my mind at him....

He asked me if I didn't see him?

I said no

He asked how and why?

I said that I made mistakes, too. And, that I was glad that he was ok, and I said that I was sorry, too.

That kinda diffused the situation. He was still too mad to speak to me, but he lef without making a bigger deal about it.t

Last edited by ASLplease on Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:15 pm

Me too and a ton more if I can safely.

One guy figured he was doing them a favour by giving them a little "boost" with his slip stream.

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 284 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 6  7  8  9  10  11  12 ... 19  Next