Category: Political
Posted By: WDHIII
Date: 2009-09-04 08:40:10
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:34 am

That's cause there is nothing positive to tarnish...

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:33 pm

Well said bootlegga... was thinking he doesn't have to worry about that tarnishing his legacy.. he paved the road for that while in power... next up... harper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:36 pm

kenmore kenmore:
Well said bootlegga... was thinking he doesn't have to worry about that tarnishing his legacy.. he paved the road for that while in power... next up... harper

$1:
Zipperfish...

I sure hope you're getting paid for your efforts.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:39 pm

Where is Bassano?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:39 pm

kenmore kenmore:
Where is Bassano?

on the border of Manitoba and Alberta.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:58 pm

$1:
Former prime minister Brian Mulroney says he may have made some errors in judgment in his lifetime, but he isn't worried that the suggestion of impropriety in his dealings with Karlheinz Schreiber will affect his legacy.

This is what we refer in my profession as a delusion of grandeur. :roll:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:01 pm

gigs gigs:
kenmore kenmore:
Where is Bassano?

Thanks..

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:48 pm

gigs gigs:
kenmore kenmore:
Where is Bassano?

Is Bassano the new name for Saskatchewan? From what I remember of my geography, Alberta and Manitoba do NOT share a border...

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:50 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
..... Alberta and Manitoba do NOT share a border...

Sure they do. The American one! ROTFL

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:56 pm

gigs gigs:
kenmore kenmore:
Where is Bassano?

:roll: I went there.. but I was really stoned. :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:59 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
gigs gigs:
kenmore kenmore:
Where is Bassano?

Is Bassano the new name for Saskatchewan? From what I remember of my geography, Alberta and Manitoba do NOT share a border...

Come on catch up to the joke will you, Kenmore knows :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:50 pm

What legacy? Stevie Cameron has already written Mulroney's legacy....it's called On The Take: Crime, Corruption And Greed In The Mulroney Years :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:18 pm

$1:
[MONTREAL – Aug. 10, 2009] – An Angus Reid Strategies survey conducted as German-Canadian businessman Karlheinz Schreiber was about to be deported from Canada shows that Canadians did not pay much attention to the public inquiry into Schreiber's dealings with former Canadian prime minister Brian Mulroney, and finds that the population became more irritated with the case and its details as the process went along.
In the online survey of a representative national sample of 1,005 Canadians, only 31 per cent of respondents say they followed stories related to the so-called Oliphant Commission very or moderately closely over the past few months.
Seven-in-ten Canadians either paid little attention to the proceedings (32%) or none at all (38%). Almost half of respondents in both Alberta and Quebec say they did not follow the inquiry closely at all.
When this survey's findings are compared to those of an Angus Reid Strategies poll conducted in May 2008, it becomes clear that Canadians were turned off by the affair.
Four-in-five respondents (80%) believe that we'll never get to the bottom of what happened between Mulroney and Schreiber, up six points since May 2008. Also, almost two-thirds of Canadians (64%) say they are tired of hearing about the Mulroney-Schreiber controversy, a five-point increase since last year.
Also, 66 per cent of respondents believe the public inquiry into the Mulroney-Schreiber controversy was a waste of money, while 24 per cent disagree with this statement. In May 2008, as the terms of the inquiry were being defined, 58 per cent of Canadians believed the process would be a waste of money.
In testimony provided to a House of Commons ethics committee and to the Oliphant Inquiry, Mulroney and Schreiber have offered differing accounts on the amount of money that exchanged hands. About one-in-four Canadians (23%) believe Schreiber is telling the truth when he claims to have paid Mulroney $300,000, while one-in-ten Canadians (10%) think the former prime minister is being honest when he says he received $225,000 from Schreiber. Still, a large proportion of the population (44%) finds neither man credible.

http://www.angusreidstrategies.com/uplo ... iphant.pdf

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:28 pm

The Schreiber affair won't tarnish Mulroney's legacy. It IS his legacy.