Title: Burrard bridge sees more bikes but slower traffic
Category: Misc CDN
Posted By: Hyack
Date: 2009-09-04 21:09:20
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:21 pm

No Shit? More bikes in summer? I can hardly wait untill the winter bike traffic reports.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:23 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
No Shit? More bikes in summer? I can hardly wait untill the winter bike traffic reports.

Oh come on Riden....havent you heard of all season and winter bike tires...it will be great when the snow hits...just put some screws in for studs...Bam!!! instant snow tires. The bike traffic wont slow down, not one bit...it is green Vancouver after all :roll:

:wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:38 pm

Been there, done that and have the arthritis to show for it.
You know that the hard core commuters who ride all the time are never the problem. The problems are the activist weenies who have something to prove by being assholes, not by actually riding.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:45 pm

Oh I know that...I used to ride all year round when I worked where I didnt need my vehicle for business. I have no problem with the real cyclists...i take issue with the type I encountered last friday.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:47 pm

That said, a big recomendation to Our Comunity Bikes on Main St. They are part of the activist mob but a great place to buy used parts cheap, get your bike fixed or learn to fix it yourself.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:48 pm

TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:
Oh I know that...I used to ride all year round when I worked where I didnt need my vehicle for business. I have no problem with the real cyclists...i take issue with the type I encountered last friday.

Those are the ones who will be missing on the bridge when the rains hit.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:50 pm

Oh they are....big props to them...they really help out with getting kids bikes that wouldnt normally be able to get one.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:51 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
TattoodGirl TattoodGirl:

Those are the ones who will be missing on the bridge when the rains hit.

And no more critical masses for the season...such losers

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:00 pm

My daughter gives me shit because we go from New West to downtown all so I can buy a $2 part for a bicycle. I wish there was someplace closer but.. Now I see that Mountain Equipment coop will be selling bikes. That's a good thing but it can't beat Nashbar or the police auction.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:26 am

ridenrain ridenrain:
My daughter gives me shit because we go from New West to downtown all so I can buy a $2 part for a bicycle. I wish there was someplace closer but.. Now I see that Mountain Equipment coop will be selling bikes. That's a good thing but it can't beat Nashbar or the police auction.

MEC is the best thing ever. I wish there was one here in Saint John, but I have to go Halifax to hit them up for supplies. Still some of the best deals on camping and hiking supplies I have ever seen. I'm glad they'll be carrying bike stuff as well. I may get a bike when I hit Korea as long as I'm close to the school. Though I usually just hoof it everywhere I can.