Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:22 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:
PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
ROTFL I freakin swear, if a small asteroid smashed into any populated area in Canada, the two of you would be trying to spin how the other party/leader is at fault ROTFL

nahhh It ain't that bad, I just get a kick out of the two of ya playin "tennis" [B-o]

It would be Harpers on account of his stance on global warming! :lol:

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL You two are great!!!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:27 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:
Except that I didn't blame the government. I actually read that he report was to vague but you were all to willing to attack the VOC and you are all to willing to claim the whole thing is a "Liberal manufactured scandal" despite the fact that all your examples are BS.

What will you say if it turns out Harper's government did issue this edict?

"well I don't agree but ......". :roll:

Your the one that brought politics into this.
I suggested VANOC because their the only ones I can think who would be dumb enough to suggest it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:32 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
DerbyX DerbyX:
Except that I didn't blame the government. I actually read that he report was to vague but you were all to willing to attack the VOC and you are all to willing to claim the whole thing is a "Liberal manufactured scandal" despite the fact that all your examples are BS.

What will you say if it turns out Harper's government did issue this edict?

"well I don't agree but ......". :roll:

Your the one that brought politics into this.
I suggested VANOC because their the only ones I can think who would be dumb enough to suggest it.

No YOU did. I quoted the article and simply questioned who you were blaming. The fact that you think I brought politics in means you actually saw that the federal government was being named and just didn't want to admit it.

Go back and look and see that my only statement was "who are you blaming again"?

your response about Harper was the first partisan shot sunshine.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:36 pm

Newsbot Newsbot:
Title: Canada to ask UN for Olympic Truce while fighting war in Afghanistan
Category: World
Posted By: Hyack
Date: 2009-09-18 16:12:18
Canadian

WTF!

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:49 pm

CBC went and dropped the freakin' link again.....it's working now.....for how long I don't know.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:04 pm

Thanks Hyack!

Great sentiment. Maybe Obama will call a truce in the War on Weed for the duration. XD

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:15 pm

We are such an odd country sometimes.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:20 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:
PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
ROTFL I freakin swear, if a small asteroid smashed into any populated area in Canada, the two of you would be trying to spin how the other party/leader is at fault ROTFL

nahhh It ain't that bad, I just get a kick out of the two of ya playin "tennis" [B-o]

It would be Harpers on account of his stance on global warming! :lol:

You got the wrong planet.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:27 pm

Seti Alpha 5?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:29 pm

Ok.... why are you people taking this so out of context. This is not a slap in the face of the military but a symbolic gesture of peace through sport. Quit politicizing an action that has no need to be politicized. Passing this resoloution would carry no real weight (when does anything the UN does carry any wait). Are the Ideals of peace that god damned offensive too you? Of course the troops are still going to be over there, and will be valiantly fighting for our country.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:05 pm

From everything that's said, it would appear to be the head of VANOC's idea, not the government.

The odd thing is I didn't know that VANOC spoke for the Canadian Government. It's pretty brazen of that wank Furlong to assume he can use the name Canada, and by inference make it look like it's comming from the government.

Since he seems to be able to use the term Canada at will, with no reprecussions I'm gonna name my house the "Vancouver Island Olympic Village Annex" and when his gestapo come and tell me I can't use the term Olympic in the name of my home, I'm gonna refer them to Mr. Furlong and his misappropriation of the term Canada, which he blatently uses without the Canadian peoples written consent.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:03 pm

there is a historical precedence for the Olympic truce, during the original Olympics during the Greek era, all nations would stop fighting for the duration of the games. However I can't help but think a truce may lead to another "Tet Offensive" type of situation, You can't call truce with this type of war.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:53 pm

putz putz:
Newsbot Newsbot:
Title: Canada to ask UN for Olympic Truce while fighting war in Afghanistan
Category: World
Posted By: Hyack
Date: 2009-09-18 16:12:18
Canadian

WTF!

Indeed.

Hey, I got a great idea! How about we go and ask the Taliban to put their guns aside for a day to celebrate christmas with us by singing a few carols together?

I mean, anything's possible..... Right? [drool]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:44 pm

Considering the taliban shut down soccer which was very popular, I can'r see them giving a rats ass over this.