canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:20 pm

If someone who is afflicted with this horrible disease is offended by this or similar advertising they should feel free to ask for an accounting of where exactly the money for their treatment came from and they should also feel free to refuse it.

wildrosegirl wildrosegirl:
Well I guess they'll have to grow up and learn to deal with it.

Cancer patients deal with the reality of it everyday! Your average person does not want to know the details because we are not all so strong when it comes to these details.

The average person? So you have to give the boys a chubby to raise money and awareness. Niiiiiiiiice. :roll: I think maybe a few people should look past the "sex sells" angle and actually come up with some creative campaigns. Something besides sex that the "average" person can relate to.

LOTS of people have come up with different angles and creative campaigns to raise money for cancer research. Some are harsh reality campaigns and some take a softer generic approach. Whatever way works!

Personally, I surround myself with people who can think outside the pool party/bouncing boobs box.

really? :lol:
*digs into my pm inbox*

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

Warnings: (-20%)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:21 pm

Evidently one of the average....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:24 pm

Alta_redneck Alta_redneck:
Well it didn't give me a chubby and it lost all credibility when she flashed her tits at the end. That made me think this has more to do with advancing her career.

Our local CO-OP raised $5000 letting people come and paint this building and they were all clothed. :lol:

That's fantastic!

Don't you think the local CO-OP "might" have been thinking about the publicity that this would generate?

Regardless, i wish more people would do things like this.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:29 pm

The average person? So you have to give the boys a chubby to raise money and awareness. Niiiiiiiiice. :roll: I think maybe a few people should look past the "sex sells" angle and actually come up with some creative campaigns. Something besides sex that the "average" person can relate to.

oh! oh! I missed this.

The last time I checked everyone can relate to sex. there's a lot more relation between people and sex then any other idea can muster.

I don't see why you're against this, I'm sure if I flash my penis to the world for prostate cancer that would probably do the same to the female population as this vid does to the male population. The problem is I don't think they make blackout bars big enough to do the same as in this vid... :wink:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:32 pm

Umm wouldnt it be your asshole for prostate Cancer? Now if you flashed your balls for testicular Cancer that would work. The problem is cocks and balls are not really attractive or sexy.

Last edited by Guy_Fawkes on Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:33 pm

I still rather read the book than see the movie, so PLEASE keep your dick in your pants!

:lol:

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:35 pm

Brenda Brenda:
I still rather read the book than see the movie, so PLEASE keep your dick in your pants!

:lol:

No promises :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:35 pm

Guy_Fawkes Guy_Fawkes:
Umm wouldnt it be your asshole for prostate Cancer? Now if you flashed your balls for testicular Cancer that would work. The problem is cocks and balls are not really attractive or sexy.

Neither is a vagina used for cervix cancer...

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:40 pm

You can jazz up a vag though...

At any rate, breasts have become highly sexualized; this is partially because seeing them naked is such a taboo. If people saw more naked breasts they wouldnt be such a big deal, it might eventually make ads like this less effective but I doubt it will ever happen. At least in my lifetime. :wink:

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:42 pm

Guy_Fawkes Guy_Fawkes:
You can jazz up a vag though...

Wrong vowel in your verb. :lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:32 am

kitty kitty:
Alta_redneck Alta_redneck:
Well it didn't give me a chubby and it lost all credibility when she flashed her tits at the end. That made me think this has more to do with advancing her career.

Our local CO-OP raised $5000 letting people come and paint this building and they were all clothed. :lol:

That's fantastic!

Don't you think the local CO-OP "might" have been thinking about the publicity that this would generate?

Regardless, i wish more people would do things like this.

Nope, it was part of our towns, Paint the Town Pink fund raiser.

http://www.paintthetownpink.org/help_01.htm

A woman in town created an breast cancer memorial tree. For a donation of any amount, you could contact her and she would write the name of the loved one on a pink ribbon and hang it on her tree.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:23 pm

When I was young, I wanted a career in teaching the self examination to women.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:57 pm

UPDATE
I think they read out one of wildroses emails....