PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:34 am

Title: China Executes Briton Despite Appeals for Mercy
Category: Misc CDN
Posted By: tritium
Date: 2009-12-29 01:23:25

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:34 am

How about a link that dosen't need membership.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/wor ... le1413717/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:43 am

China doesn't care what other people think about it. It has cash and power now.

In reality, nuts or not, this guy broke China's laws. 4 Kgs of heroin gets you a bullet or a lethal injection over there.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:53 am

I love to find fault with communist governmets but I can't here. It just amuses me to imagine this guy being Canadian and predicting the reactions.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:54 am

ridenrain ridenrain:
I love to find fault with communist governmets but I can't here. It just amuses me to imagine this guy being Canadian and predicting the reactions.

R=UP

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:08 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... ifies.html

China warns Britain as row over executed Briton intensifies

$1:
On Tuesday, a spokeswoman for China’s foreign ministry expressed China’s anger at the British Government’s response to the death sentence.

Nobody has the right to speak ill of China’s judicial sovereignty,” said spokeswoman Jiang Yu.

“We express strong dissatisfaction and resolute opposition over the groundless British accusations. We hope that the British side can view this matter rationally and not create new obstacles in bilateral relations.”

Fuck you, China! PDT_Armataz_01_35

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:09 am

ridenrain ridenrain:

Public opinion in the UK is mostly with China's right to execute drug dealers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne ... urned.html

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:10 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/6906110/Akmal-Shaikh-China-warns-Britain-as-row-over-executed-Briton-intensifies.html

$1:
On Tuesday, a spokeswoman for China’s foreign ministry expressed China’s anger at the British Government’s response to the death sentence.

Nobody has the right to speak ill of China’s judicial sovereignty,” said spokeswoman Jiang Yu.

“We express strong dissatisfaction and resolute opposition over the groundless British accusations. We hope that the British side can view this matter rationally and not create new obstacles in bilateral relations.”

Funny, but no foreigner is allowed to do so about Canada...

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:25 am

Brenda Brenda:
Funny, but no foreigner is allowed to do so about Canada...

I do it all the time. :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:52 am

Frankly, he broke the law and has to suffer the consequences. I'm sure the British government did its level best, but when you go to a foreign country and break their laws, you take a big chance. Thai prisons are full of foolish foreigners who didn't think their actions through.

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/china/6906110/Akmal-Shaikh-China-warns-Britain-as-row-over-executed-Briton-intensifies.html

$1:

I wonder if you tone will be the same the next time a foreigner is executed in the USA...

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:16 am

bootlegga bootlegga:

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
$1:

I wonder if you tone will be the same the next time a foreigner is executed in the USA...

Will I say that no one has a "right" to criticize us? No, I won't. I will argue it, but I am not so arrogant as to presume that I can dictate policy to a sovereign nation.

I frankly am fine with China executing the drug dealer, no problem with me for that. It's their profound arrogance in thinking that their evil, repressive government should be able to restrict free speech worldwide that tweaks me.

If the UK government had a pair (which they don't) they'd withdraw diplomatic relations over the comment.

See, China's comment came via diplomatic channels. I don't know how conversant you are with such things, but for China to make such a statement from their Foreign Ministry is a diplomatic bitch slap to the UK. To tolerate that comment without reaction will send a very dangerous message to Beijing.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:17 am

Fair enough, I mis-read the angle you were coming from. :oops:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:29 am

bootlegga bootlegga:

No worries.

I guess I see that comment and know that were that said fifty years ago the Royal Navy would have been paying a visit to the international waters off Beijing.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:50 am

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
ridenrain ridenrain:

Public opinion in the UK is mostly with China's right to execute drug dealers.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldne ... urned.html

which is raising hopes for the shit kicking Labor so richly desrves
at the next election.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:08 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
bootlegga bootlegga:

No worries.

I guess I see that comment and know that were that said fifty years ago the Royal Navy would have been paying a visit to the international waters off Beijing.

Well, given that the Brits invaded China several times in the past couple hundred years, there is a fair bit of resentment towards Britain in China. They've even gone so far as to leave the remnants of the former Summer Palace in ruins as a reminder to the Chinese that foreigners can be trouble.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Summer_Palace