CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1778
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:11 am
 


bootlegga wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:
bootlegga wrote:
Fair enough, I mis-read the angle you were coming from. :oops:


No worries.

I guess I see that comment and know that were that said fifty years ago the Royal Navy would have been paying a visit to the international waters off Beijing.


Well, given that the Brits invaded China several times in the past couple hundred years, there is a fair bit of resentment towards Britain in China. They've even gone so far as to leave the remnants of the former Summer Palace in ruins as a reminder to the Chinese that foreigners can be trouble.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Summer_Palace

Strange they don't hold the same resentment towards the Japanese whose actions would still outweigh English occupation by 100-fold in terms of brutality. But then you're one of those interesting white Europeans who thinks it's ever so smart sounding to be self-deprecating at any cost because you think it makes you sound smart.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20854
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:16 am
 


Akhenaten wrote:
Strange they don't hold the same resentment towards the Japanese whose actions would still outweigh English occupation by 100-fold in terms of brutality.


Holy fuck! That is the most brilliantly stupid comment on China - Japan relations I've ever heard! If you don't think the Chinese don;t hate the Japanese, then you're even dumber than I thought.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 51388
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:24 am
 


bootlegga wrote:
Akhenaten wrote:
Strange they don't hold the same resentment towards the Japanese whose actions would still outweigh English occupation by 100-fold in terms of brutality.


Holy fuck! That is the most brilliantly stupid comment on China - Japan relations I've ever heard! If you don't think the Chinese don;t hate the Japanese, then you're even dumber than I thought.

Heh, and it goes deep :D
A friend of mine is half Japanese, and worked at a store owned by Chinese who emigrated to Canada 50 years ago :) My friend was born here. It's safe to say her boss didn't like her. :lol:

(The boss still only speaks english with a HUGE accent, and her husband is not able to say more than "Hello, how are you, merry christmas". When you say something back, he replies with "good, good thank you", no matter what you say.)


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1778
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:32 am
 


bootlegga wrote:
Akhenaten wrote:
Strange they don't hold the same resentment towards the Japanese whose actions would still outweigh English occupation by 100-fold in terms of brutality.


Holy fuck! That is the most brilliantly stupid comment on China - Japan relations I've ever heard! If you don't think the Chinese don;t hate the Japanese, then you're even dumber than I thought.

I think it's obvious that I was being sarcastic in response to your "they hate the English so much and with good reason" cr@p. But then your comprehension has been proven to be pretty bad.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 63843
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:33 am
 


Akhenaten wrote:
But then you're (Bootlegga) one of those interesting white Europeans who thinks it's ever so smart sounding to be self-deprecating at any cost because you think it makes you sound smart.


Boot is not one of those. I've known him coming on five years on this forum and while he and I are not always on the same page, I know his comments are informed and not founded in trendy and politically correct fashion.


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1778
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:38 am
 


BartSimpson wrote:
Akhenaten wrote:
But then you're (Bootlegga) one of those interesting white Europeans who thinks it's ever so smart sounding to be self-deprecating at any cost because you think it makes you sound smart.


Boot is not one of those. I've known him coming on five years on this forum and while he and I are not always on the same page, I know his comments are informed and not founded in trendy and politically correct fashion.

Really? That doesn't really change the fact he can't read. You don't need to "know" a poster for years to see that.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20854
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:41 am
 


BartSimpson wrote:
Akhenaten wrote:
But then you're (Bootlegga) one of those interesting white Europeans who thinks it's ever so smart sounding to be self-deprecating at any cost because you think it makes you sound smart.


Boot is not one of those. I've known him coming on five years on this forum and while he and I are not always on the same page, I know his comments are informed and not founded in trendy and politically correct fashion.


Thanks Bart. [B-o]


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 63843
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:51 am
 


Akhenaten wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:
Akhenaten wrote:
But then you're (Bootlegga) one of those interesting white Europeans who thinks it's ever so smart sounding to be self-deprecating at any cost because you think it makes you sound smart.


Boot is not one of those. I've known him coming on five years on this forum and while he and I are not always on the same page, I know his comments are informed and not founded in trendy and politically correct fashion.

Really? That doesn't really change the fact he can't read. You don't need to "know" a poster for years to see that.


What, in the comment I quoted from you, speaks to Boot's reading comprehension?

Nothing.

It would appear that rock of yours hit one of your own glass walls.


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1778
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:54 am
 


BartSimpson wrote:
It would appear that rock of yours hit one of your own glass walls.

Yeah yeah go ahead and keep cheerleading. The fact is it's obvious I'm being sarcastic and it's obvious on the other thread where I distinctly point out the difference between immigrants who don't cause trouble and those who do and he replies that "I'm lumping them all in together".

You sweethearts can stick together all you like, that mistake was clearly his and it's equally clear he's not man enough to admit it.


Offline
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 2403
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:19 am
 


Quote:
Mr. Shaikh’s daughter, Leilla Horsnell, was quoted by the BBC as saying she was “shocked and disappointed that the execution went ahead with no regards to my dad’s mental health problems, and I struggle to understand how this is justice.”


Maybe you should struggle with the fact that YOUR DAD IS A DRUG MULE. If he wasn't crazy enough to be a drug mule (not a good one mind you) then he isn't crazy enough to not pay for his crimes.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 42402
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:32 am
 


They executed him...good. Now if only the Americans would wipe those Khadr shits, the world would be an even better place.


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1482
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:45 am
 


anyone have any more bombs we could drop?, China can go FUCK themselves


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 22818
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:56 am
 


Just a reflection on the surge of nationality that happens whenever a Canadian is punished abroad. Ronald Smith for example was a Canadian who clearly murdered 2 people and was executed in Montana had a huge ammount of support. There was a huge uproar hear that this government wasn't ptotecting it's citizens and should have demanded this mans return.

Quote:
Until, that is, the Harper Reformatories came to town. Under Harper, without debate, the death penalty is back for Canadians abroad, because The Harper Government won't fight for you. Well, let me rephrase. They may or may not fight for you. It depends on whether or not you fit their demographic profile, are part of a group they want to woo, or you're what they'd define as a "real Canadian."

(http://bcinto.blogspot.com/2009/07/will ... arper.html)
An example of the whiney bitching Liberal bloggers.

Keep in mind that Mr. Smith was a murderer, not just a drug dealer like Akmal Shaikh, Clay Roueche or even Marc Emery. Here in Canada, some don't seen to even consider drug dealing a crime so why would some cheer when this man was put down?

It's another glaring double standard over China.





PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:44 pm
 


5 Advantages of Communist Government

1) The policies don’t change every 4 years after an election. It is easier to steer a nation if the direction of the wind does not change … ever. Just don’t build your sewage lagoon upwind…

2) The citizens do not have to spend their lives arguing with each other, listening to rhetoric from all sides and deciding who to vote for. Imagine the free time we would have if we were not on here bitching about politics with each other.

3) You want to execute a drug dealer or a child molester or cop killer, you just do it. No polling, no referendum, no bullshit. One gun, one bullet. The natives in Caledonia would not last long there – think Tiananmen square in Canada and all that is left is feathers.

4) Forced homogenis-ism – If you want to speak another language, practice another religion or be homosexual…you better fuckin do it on your own time and space.

5) Buying Local – Don’t think your going to be able to shop for cheap foreign goods at the local Wal-Mart (or Princess Auto). Your going to support the economy by buying local weather you frickin like it or not.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23859
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:48 pm
 


Donny_Brasco wrote:
5 Advantages of Communist Government

1) The policies don’t change every 4 years after an election. It is easier to steer a nation if the direction of the wind does not change … ever. Just don’t build your sewage lagoon upwind…

2) The citizens do not have to spend their lives arguing with each other, listening to rhetoric from all sides and deciding who to vote for. Imagine the free time we would have if we were not on here bitching about politics with each other.

3) You want to execute a drug dealer or a child molester or cop killer, you just do it. No polling, no referendum, no bullshit. One gun, one bullet. The natives in Caledonia would not last long there – think Tiananmen square in Canada and all that is left is feathers.

4) Forced homogenis-ism – If you want to speak another language, practice another religion or be homosexual…you better fuckin do it on your own time and space.

5) Buying Local – Don’t think your going to be able to shop for cheap foreign goods at the local Wal-Mart (or Princess Auto). Your going to support the economy by buying local weather you frickin like it or not.


It's ironic you of all people would sing the praises.


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 8  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.