CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 22818
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:31 pm
 


Why does China get a break that we don't give the US or ourselves then?


Online
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 28032
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:43 pm
 


Well, you'll have to ask that of someone who wants Ronald Smith released to Canadian custody, followed by immediate release into the Canadian populace and a great honkin' apology from the federal government for all the naughty things the big bad Americans did to him.

But that explanation sure won't be coming from me because I hope that fucker rots in that Montana prison hellhole up until the very last second of his miserable existence.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 22818
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:57 pm
 


Ronald Smith was put to death by the state for his cold blooded murder of 2 people in Montana, and I can't find the original threads but there was a great deal of bitching because the US killed a Canadian. A crime far smaller and less proven than drug dealing in China.
The US recently put away the leader of the Red Scorpions for 30 years. In Canada, he probably would have done less than 10 years in jail. Obviously in China, he would have been killed and many here would have been pleased with the results.

I just want to see some consistancy here. Is drug dealing worthy of death everywhere, or just in China?


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33832
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:37 am
 


well, they execute drug dealers in Singapore as well.


The West is soft, and we will lose if we arent careful.

Gordon Brown is an idiot, he needs to go.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8889
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:46 am
 


ridenrain wrote:
Ronald Smith was put to death by the state for his cold blooded murder of 2 people in Montana, and I can't find the original threads but there was a great deal of bitching because the US killed a Canadian. A crime far smaller and less proven than drug dealing in China.
The US recently put away the leader of the Red Scorpions for 30 years. In Canada, he probably would have done less than 10 years in jail. Obviously in China, he would have been killed and many here would have been pleased with the results.

I just want to see some consistancy here. Is drug dealing worthy of death everywhere, or just in China?



You're misinformed Riden. Smith hasn't been executed yet,


....In the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, Smith already has argued he
did not have an effective lawyer when he pleaded guilty to crimes.
That case is pending and Vernay expects no action to be taken until
the new round of federal appeals also reach the circuit court.

Fowler said Smith's execution will not occur any time soon.

"We're still a long way off. The federal procedures will take a minimum
of three to four years."
Asked if the Supreme Court's decision last week brings his client closer
to lethal injection, Vernay said: "Sure it does. Every time you lose one."


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 22818
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:57 am
 


Better still to keep this thread in mind then. If China gets approval when they kill a retarded drug dealer, then a cold blooded double murderer should be easy.





PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:47 am
 


Thanos wrote:
Another drug-dealer gone, and a stupid one at that. No great loss for the human race whatsoever. And we should remind ourselves that it was the same Gordon Brown Labour government in Britain doing the protesting that also let the Lockerbie mass-murderer go home free to Libya on the dopiest of humanitarian pretexts. As such it's no surprise to see that they're going out of their way to embarass themsleves even more going to bat for a piece of drug dealing filth that did far more harm in his life than any good he might have done. Good riddance to the dope peddler and, soon hopefully, good riddance as well to Gordon Brown and his slow-motion abortion of a government.

I also keep wondering why some people have such a hard time with the concept of "don't piss off the Chinese". It's really not that difficult a thing to understand.


If he was a Chinese drug dealer in Briton do you think the Chinese would give a rat’s ass about the Brits doing whatever they wanted to him? Of course not, because the Chinese relatives would not be threatening the government and gathering votes to show the MP’s that if they don’t act, they’ll have a tough time getting re-elected.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 15779
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:46 am
 


They don't execute people in the UK anymore, not since the 1950's. Not a viable comparison donny.


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1099
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:27 am
 


Yes true but like us their crime rate is high , it is time to look at getting tougher .


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20867
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:39 pm
 


ridenrain wrote:
But Boot.. What happened to the questions of Mr. Shaikh' compitance an his ability to stand trial? :D

Please keep in mind folks like Canadian Ronald Smith who mudered 2 people in Montana and was executed because of it. I believe you were one of those saying that Harper failed to protect Canadians in that case.

If China has the right to kill possibly insane or manipilated drug dealers, dosen't the US have the right to kill convicted Canadian multiple murderers?


I have never argued that the US shouldn't enforce its laws (whether or not I agree with them). My opinion though is that if possible, our government should ask for leniecy and/or extradition to a Canadian prison in instances such as Ronald Smith's (or Gerald(?) Sampson in Saudi Arabia).

Not doing so in essence means you condone the death penalty, which most Canadians do not.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 14114
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:50 pm
 


bootlegga wrote:
ridenrain wrote:
But Boot.. What happened to the questions of Mr. Shaikh' compitance an his ability to stand trial? :D

Please keep in mind folks like Canadian Ronald Smith who mudered 2 people in Montana and was executed because of it. I believe you were one of those saying that Harper failed to protect Canadians in that case.

If China has the right to kill possibly insane or manipilated drug dealers, dosen't the US have the right to kill convicted Canadian multiple murderers?


I have never argued that the US shouldn't enforce its laws (whether or not I agree with them). My opinion though is that if possible, our government should ask for leniecy and/or extradition to a Canadian prison in instances such as Ronald Smith's (or Gerald(?) Sampson in Saudi Arabia).

Not doing so in essence means you condone the death penalty, which most Canadians do not.

Yeah, apparently most Canadians would rather pay for cold blooded murderers to have a place to live, food and clothing. Gee, maybe they can all go visit him and wish him well while they're at it.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 22818
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:58 pm
 


bootlegga wrote:
Not doing so in essence means you condone the death penalty, which most Canadians do not.


I question that.

The US recently put away the Canadian leader of the Red Scorpion drug gang for 30 years. I doubt he would have been in jail for 10 in Canada. In China they would definately have killed him.

Since there is such a huge difference in sentance for the same crime, why do we assume we are correct.


Last edited by ridenrain on Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 14114
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:00 pm
 


Even white collar criminals have it hard in China. No club fed, no molly coddling, they get 20 years hard labour.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 63846
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:56 pm
 


EyeBrock wrote:
They don't execute people in the UK anymore, not since the 1950's. Not a viable comparison donny.


The government in the UK executes innocent people every time someone dies because self-defense in the UK is effectively illegal. :idea:


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20867
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:00 pm
 


PublicAnimalNo9 wrote:
bootlegga wrote:
ridenrain wrote:
But Boot.. What happened to the questions of Mr. Shaikh' compitance an his ability to stand trial? :D

Please keep in mind folks like Canadian Ronald Smith who mudered 2 people in Montana and was executed because of it. I believe you were one of those saying that Harper failed to protect Canadians in that case.

If China has the right to kill possibly insane or manipilated drug dealers, dosen't the US have the right to kill convicted Canadian multiple murderers?


I have never argued that the US shouldn't enforce its laws (whether or not I agree with them). My opinion though is that if possible, our government should ask for leniecy and/or extradition to a Canadian prison in instances such as Ronald Smith's (or Gerald(?) Sampson in Saudi Arabia).

Not doing so in essence means you condone the death penalty, which most Canadians do not.


Yeah, apparently most Canadians would rather pay for cold blooded murderers to have a place to live, food and clothing. Gee, maybe they can all go visit him and wish him well while they're at it.


The death penalty was a stupid, vengeful eye-for-an-eye tool that never prevented murders in any way shape or form. The way pro-death penalty supporters talk, they make it sound like there wasn't a single murder in human history UNTIL it was abolished, but you and I and everyone else knows that's bullshit.

Killing prisoners is barbaric and is in no way a deterrent to other murderers, so what's the point? I say lock them up in a deep, dark hole, throw away the key and forget about them.

But if you don't like Canadian laws, petition to change them, start a political party or do something other than just bitching about them. The death penalty was abolished more than 40 years ago, and there still isn't any great desire by Canadians as a whole to bring it back.


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BeaverFever and 11 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.