Nope, Pakistani.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:56 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
Wasn't this guy an ethnic Uighur?

Nope, Pakistani.

So he ran an Italian restaurant on High Street?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:01 pm

No rule on ethinicity and restaurants in the UK Lemmy.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:02 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:

That's my point exactly.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:05 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:

Not so. I swear they must legislate ever 3rd shop must be a kebab shop and every second shop must sell curries in some form.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:07 pm

Lemmy Lemmy:
EyeBrock EyeBrock:

That's my point exactly.

I'm not getting your point.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:12 pm

How dare a gwai lo criticize the Middle Kingdom. You must now come to Beijing to pay homage and kowtow, begging for forgiveness.

Well, given the shite the UK (and other European powers) inflicted on them in the 19th century, I'd say they have a lot to apologize for.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:13 pm

He's some average-joe with no political power whatsoever.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:15 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
Yogi Yogi:
bootlegga bootlegga:
So what would this drug dealer have got for a sentance in Canada?

Had he been a Canadian, and had our current government been willing to negotiate with the Chinese (highly unlikely given Harper's stance on cases such as this one ), he probably would have gotten life (or something similar).

So if a foreigner comes to Canada, and violates one of our laws, in your opinion, should they be sentenced according to our laws or the laws of their country of origin? Keep in mind that in some countries it is lawful for grown men to have sex with young girls, for husbands to beat their wives, and in some cultures even murder (family honor) is ok! Should Canada then sentence according to what the offenders Govt. wants? Or, should Canada tell the 'interferring Govt.' to 'piss off'?

I never said any such thing...but you'd know that because you read all of my posts in this thread right? Yeah, didn't think so.

What I said was that our government should at least try to help Canadians who commit serious crimes abroad (like say murder in the USA) and try to repatriate them to serve their time in a Canadian prison. I'm not supporting in any shape or form that Canadians should be able to travel abroad and flout other nations laws, but that our government has a duty to protect Canadians. If that means putting someone serving time in a Chinese or Turkish (or anywhere else) prison while waiting to be executed in a Canadian prison for the rest of their lives (instead of letting another country execute them), then I'm fine with that.

Conversely, if a foreigner (pick your poison) comes here and rapes/robs/murders a Canadian, I would expect their government to at least try and negotiate a repatriation (with an agreement that they serve their time in a prison there).

Whether or not we agree to send them back is another issue altogether, but forgive me if I think any government has at least some small duty to help its citizens. If China or Iran or the UK or anyone else's doesn't that's an issue for its own citizens, but I'd like to think that the Canadian government would at least TRY to help any of us if something happened abroad. At the very least, a cursory examination of the trial and evidence is necessary. In the case of Canadians suffering in brutal 3rd world prisons, I'd say an effort should be made to get them back to serve out their sentences here. Most of the time, the effort fails, but it still should be made.

BTW, if you're going to jump into a conversation halfway, at least have the sense to go back a few pages and understand what is being talked about... :roll:[/quote]

:roll: :roll: Don't be an asshat. I've been following this thread since DAY FUCKING ONE so yes I'm very well aware of your stance on the issue!

Speaking of READING posts, you should try it sometime!

I read and reread the post you refer to and I very clearly, ASKED you a few questions and accused you of nothing! So take your superior fucking attitude and go fuck yourself with it!!!

Last edited by Yogi on Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:29 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
How dare a gwai lo criticize the Middle Kingdom. You must now come to Beijing to pay homage and kowtow, begging for forgiveness.

Well, given the shite the UK (and other European powers) inflicted on them in the 19th century, I'd say they have a lot to apologize for.

Payback for those damned Mongol invasions. :)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:00 pm

Yogi Yogi:
I read and reread the post you refer to and I very clearly, ASKED you a few questions and accused you of nothing! So take your superior fucking attitude and go fuck yourself with it!!!

Don't get upset. he's just flustered because he has to straddle a fence between Chinese justice where drug dealers are killed and Canada, where drug dealers are celebrated. Such Realpolitik is hard.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:13 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
Yogi Yogi:

Don't get upset. he's just flustered because he has to straddle a fence between Chinese justice where drug dealers are killed and Canada, where drug dealers are celebrated. Such Realpolitik is hard.

:lol: :lol: [B-o]

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:07 am

To bad Canada doe,s not try executing more of our scum maybe we would have less of it .

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:43 am

Lemmy Lemmy:

Still not getting how this guy has supposedly been treated any different to any other Brit abroad.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/de ... ad-history

These ones were all white. Now dead also.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:28 am

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Lemmy Lemmy:

Still not getting how this guy has supposedly been treated any different to any other Brit abroad.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/de ... ad-history

These ones were all white. Now dead also.

Those guys are all murderers, EyeBrock. This dude is an alleged drug trafficker, and it's not entirely clear that he was even guilty. Furthermore, the guy in this case is a half-wit of some sort. He'd likely not even be fit to stand a criminal trial in the West. Different circumstances altogether, mate.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7  8  Next