bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:38 pm

$1:
"If, by accident in the river, by the enemy’s resistance, by sickness or slaughter in the army, or, from any other cause, we find that Quebec is not likely to fall into our hands (persevering however to the last moment), I propose to set the town on fire with shells, to destroy the harvest, houses and cattle, both above and below, to send off as many Canadians as possible to Europe and to leave famine and desolation behind me; but we must teach these scoundrels to make war in a more gentleman like manner"

That sounds like,'It's payback time bitches", for the brutal raids that the French and their Huron allies launched on frontier settlements and farms, where no one was spared, in the American colonies.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:00 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
No, they're being PC. All politicians(of all political stripes) feign PC behaviour to make sure they can get all the votes possible. Being almost as old as God, I thought you'd have realized this by now.

Exactly.

I'm saddened by the PMO's decision, but I'm sure if they said otherwise they'd lose some voters..

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:03 pm

Wada Wada:
so your saying the PM's office is lying to get votes. Wouldn't surprise me in the least though it seems an odd place to put themselves for little maybe even no profit. :roll:

Politics, woo.

Actually I'm sure there are a ton of loons who support this treasonous clown.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:04 pm

If Riel had been acquitted, Saskatchewan and Alberta (and likely Manitoba and B.C.) would be American states.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:08 pm

I wonder what such a victory for the USA would make them feel, as far as their Manifest Destiny program goes. Would have been much easier to attack us, that's for sure.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:10 pm

$1:
This sound more like Nazi-esque tought.

Ok..thanks for admitting you've lost the discussion. Next pleb please.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:23 pm

Alexandre Alexandre:
I have no doubt you think guys like Wolfe and Amherst as great heros?

Wolfe was killed. The victory at Quebec was all Fraser. Je Suis Prest!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:30 pm

Clan Fraser of Lovat.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:45 pm

Alexandre Alexandre:
$1:
This sound more like Nazi-esque tought.

Ok..thanks for admitting you've lost the discussion. Next pleb please.

ROFLMAO!!!

Burning down villages and deliberately starving peoples cant be considered as Nazi-esque methods ?

Because what? Because the perpretors of those acts were british ?

I have no doubt you think guys like Wolfe and Amherst are great heros. After all, we're just a bunch of frogs who did not deserved any better, isn'it Shep ?

You were the enemy, and that's the way ALL wars were waged. If you want to talk about systemic ethnic cleansing the Irish have you beat hands down and the even the Scots are ahead of you. But then, you're ready to completely ignore any and all brutalities that the French perpetuated on the British colonists during said conflicts.
$1:
we're just a bunch of frogs who did not deserved any better,

You said it, not me.

Personally I think Britain should have let New Englanders settle in Quebec and this entire seperatist mess wouldn't be around today. But hold the phones!! The British Crown protected French culture and stopped British colonists from settling enmasse in Quebec, resulting in a large part in the loss of the American colonies. Yes those terrible goose stepping Anglais imposed such harsh conditions on you . If they had of been fair to their own people, Quebecois culture would today be as trivial in an Anglo North America as Cajun culture is. Nice to see that Canadian history isn't taught in Quebec.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:51 pm

Alexandre Alexandre:
Lemmy Lemmy:
Clan Fraser of Lovat.

I just searched it. On wiki they say its a scottish clan of french origin: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clan_Fraser

So the peoples who won at quebec were from french origins? What irony.

Maybe that explain why our ancestors considered the scottish troops as the best and bravest of the british army :lol:

Even the biggest chicken shits from Cornwall were braver than anything the French could muster....As for them being French, they were Normans and Bretons. The first group, Scandinavian settlers, the latter Britons who fled Britain when the Anglo saxons invaded.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:01 pm

Just what was this post about originally?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:03 pm

Dunno, but I'm having fun . :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:17 pm

Popcorn Playhouse of Nonesense, here we come. [popcorn]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:30 pm

$1:
That may surprise you sheppie, but most of Quebecois ancestors are actually normans. Including mine. And french peoples got ancestors from different ethnic groups, including normans and bretons.

Well Lexxie,
By the time your antecedents left France for the New World, Normans had been wholly French for centuries. At the time I was talking about they'd only been there for a generation or two.
$1:
So sheppie, explain to me why it took the british 7 years to beat us when they were VASTLY outnumbering us ?

Even with superior numbers it's hard to chase down people who are always running away into uncharted forest.

$1:
Maybe you could tell me about our display of cowardice in the battle of carillon sheppie :

It could be explained two different ways.
One, when backed into a corner even a rat might attack a bear. Or two, even the maple leafs win a game or two against other teams.

Last edited by ShepherdsDog on Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:35 pm

Even with superior numbers it's hard to chase down people who are always running away into uncharted forest.

ROTFL ...he's on a roll, folks

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next