Title: Racial incidents rock U.S. campus
Category: Uncle Sam
Posted By: Hyack
Date: 2010-02-27 12:58:07

Forum Elite
Forum Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:30 pm

Okay racism bad, but demanding that a University force people to attend racial based classes is complete and utter bullshit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:49 pm

thats because if you dont attend the racist awareness class , your a racist

pffft

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:22 pm

I remember taking a criminal justice class in university at the U of M. Within 10 minutes it was lets slam whitey, and it's the whitemans fault that there were so many people of colour in jail. About 1/2 the class got up and left.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:37 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
I remember taking a criminal justice class in university at the U of M. Within 10 minutes it was lets slam whitey, and it's the whitemans fault that there were so many people of colour in jail. About 1/2 the class got up and left.

Not much has changed.... except half the class doesn't leave.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:44 pm

It was the first day of class and we all got our money back. I was able to get into cartography instead.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:49 pm

I wonder what this has to do with a noose dangling from lighting fixture?

Expel the perpetrators, GG

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:35 pm

CommanderSock CommanderSock:

$1:
Okay racism bad, but demanding that a University force people to attend racial based classes is complete and utter bullshit

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:23 pm

CommanderSock CommanderSock:

$1:

Missed it.

Sensitivity training 101. Either that or expulsion. At least then they'll have a reason to draw the race card.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:44 pm

Obviously you feel guilty about something, and believe that the sins of the (many times great) father should burden their children. You've taken one stupid act carried out by a couple of individuals and labelled all other non black students guilty by race. Sounds like a racial stereotype/generalization, on your behalf, and therefore a form of racism too.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:28 pm

KorbenDeck KorbenDeck:

I agree. Making people take racial based classes that they don't want to attend isn't gonna endear any minorities to those being forcefully programmed.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:25 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
I agree. Making people take racial based classes that they don't want to attend isn't gonna endear any minorities to those being forcefully programmed.

Quite the opposite, I'd expect. Think of the classes you were forced to take in university (Statistics for me, right now), did knowing or having those classes make you like said subject more? Probably not.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:41 pm

$1:
Students wearing red handkerchiefs over their faces blocked the doors to Chancellor Marye Anne Fox's offices for hours, while more students inside chanted "Real pain, real change."

Yeah, it doesn't help to replace one group of hooded idiots with a group of idiots with masks. Wearing masks just show criminal intent. If you are going to make a stand, do so with decency.

Besides, I'm all for punishing the ones responsible for the noose incident but I don't agree with forcing people to take a class they may not want. All it will do is just lose supporters.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:05 am

Obviously you feel guilty about something, and believe that the sins of the (many times great) father should burden their children. You've taken one stupid act carried out by a couple of individuals and labelled all other non black students guilty by race. Sounds like a racial stereotype/generalization, on your behalf, and therefore a form of racism too.

You took that a bit out of context.

I am simply saying the students (2 of them I believe as the article states) should be stuffed in sensitivity training.

This has nothing to do with the sins of fathers, it has to do with the present time.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:07 am

Wow how slow is the news in San Diego? What a bunch of bull shit!