Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 3:23 pm

It's not useless, but for the price it's certainly not a good value purchase.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 3:40 pm

Someone I know was very skeptic like most of you and after he tried one, he fell in love and bought one from the USA.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 3:53 pm

The iPod sales will silence the sceptics. It's the design and interface that makes it such a powerful device. People have replaced their cellphones and laptops just to see if they could and this device will fill that gap. With time it will become a stronger platform as more software and apps come online. It is funny seeing all the haters here though.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 3:57 pm

Scape Scape:
The iPod sales will silence the sceptics. It's the design and interface that makes it such a powerful device. People have replaced their cellphones and laptops just to see if they could and this device will fill that gap. With time it will become a stronger platform as more software and apps come online. It is funny seeing all the haters here though.

I'd take being referred to as a "hater" as a compliment. Nothing wrong with having the good sense to stay away at the current price tag of half a grand.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 3:58 pm

Scape Scape:

I have to admit, I've avoided Apple like the plague - until I bought my IPOD touch. Yes, it's pricey, but to be fair, with 64 Gigs, I expect so. I like Itunes, and there are a hell of a lot of very useful apps. I can't knock that.

I dislike not being able to synch from other computers (maybe you can, but I haven't learned it yet) but I'd be a liar if I wasn't thinking about an IPad. It's the wireless fee that doesn't please me.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 1:49 am

Oh look Apple invented a new country iRaq

Whats the past of iRaq......iRan :D

Yeah ok I know lame ! :mrgreen:

Anyways for whats its selling down here I can get a used 4x4 and have tons of more fun in it than any phone, pad or pod could offer !

Really not into anything with an i. In my view most of apple i's suck but Mr Jobs is an excellent sales and PR person and has done an excellent job in making all in stuff into the current in thing and fads and I'm sure if he realeased the iShit next year tons of people would still buy a pile of steaming dung from him.

True these things do what they say on the box but ever wondered just how many "i's" one actually need. And plus like mentioned here before I would never buy anything from anyone which has to be sent back to the manufacterer just to change the battery !

Make it an open end product and them maybe we'll talk.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 1:56 am

Scape Scape:

Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's good. See: Sex in the City 2

It's market names. It's Apple. A bunch of people worship Apple now.
They hear they have some new *thing*, they'll go out in droves like zombies.

http://www.theonion.com/video/sony-rele ... snt,14309/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:02 am

desertdude desertdude:

MADTV did a skit almost like that. It was hilarious. "Steve Jobs" was introducing a bunch of iGarabge including the new iRack. A place to store all your iGarbage.
As he started putting stuff in it, it started swaying and the reporters would say things like, "The iRack doesn't look very stable"
By the end of the skit, the iRack was smoking and burning and "Steve" was throwing money at it to try and put the fire out :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:03 am

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
desertdude desertdude:

MADTV did a skit almost like that. It was hilarious. "Steve Jobs" was introducing a bunch of iGarabge including the new iRack. A place to store all your iGarbage.
As he started putting stuff in it, it started swaying and the reporters would say things like, "The iRack doesn't look very stable"
By the end of the skit, the iRack was smoking and burning and "Steve" was throwing money at it to try and put the fire out :lol:

Then he introduced the 'iRan', a shoe. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:05 am

Ohhh yeah, I forgot about that part ROTFL

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:07 am

:D , its so shitty we don't get any of the good comedy stuff here like MADTV and Comedey Central. Only recently we have started to get Saturday Night Live on cable.

Used to air Kids in the Halls too !

BTW : My fav stand up comedian used to be Eddie Murphy but now I'm a die hard fan of Brampton Boy Russel Peters. Even went to see him live when he came down here to Dubai. Absolutely brilliant 8)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:11 am

Russel Peters is friggin hilarious. Probably one of the funniest people to come out of Canada. Well him and Ron James. :wink:

Edmonton Oilers

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:43 am

Oh look apple has released a new version of iCrack. Have fun wasting your hard earned on more useless crap.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:43 am

Scape Scape:

My biggest problem with Apple isn't the iPad, it's that they insist on releasing a product with half the capabilities of competitors, than after a year or two, they release a product that matches them. The iPhone 3G and 3GS are perfect examples of this. And when it comes to products like this that need a long term wireless contract to be totally functional, all you're doing is screwing your customers over.

For instance, why doesn't the iPad have flash or USB capability? It's competitors all do. But I'm sure Apple will release a new model of the iPad in late 2011/early 2012 that will have those capabilities, forcing their customers to upgrade again.

From a business standpoint, it's very smart, as it keeps people coming back to the well over and over, but to me, it's no worse than Microsoft releasing a new Windows OS full of bugs and problems, then expecting you to fix it over time.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:01 am

Well atleast you get free patches for the windows. Apple has without a doubt become more evil than MS. But there are Apple fan bois out there who will like I said even buy a heap of shit if it had an apple logo on it.

I'll admit it I like the iphone solely because it works seamlessly but would never buy it. Too much money fo what it offers. I'll stick to my windows mobile( A Rogers HTC diamond, dont ask how I got it here in Dubai :D ) for the sole reason there is much more customisation on it and not just phone offers it.