Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:01 pm

martin14 martin14:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Israel has siad that it will act again in the same way. However it's also worth noting that the incident has resulted in Egypt easing its Gaza blockade, and the actions have been widely perceived in Israel as a military blunder and put the government on the defensive. Netanyahu has cancelled his visit to the White House so now Abbas get some Obamam face-time and Netanyahu doesn't. So quite apart from perception and the media, this has harmed Israel's interests, at least in the short term.

Gotta ask yourself why is Egypt blockading Gaza ?

I never get any answer to that question, never mind a decent one.

It looks to me like the Israelis dont really give a hoot about PR anymore,
they know they are going to get kicked no matter what they do.

If you want to talk about aggressive actions, hows about the first hostile act
of the ship leaving port in the first place ?

Anyone remember 1962 ? Wanna guess what would have happened if a ship had run
the blockade around Cuba while the US was watching ?

Yeah, but the major difference between this and 1962 was, in 1962 the whole damn world knew those were ships bringing nukes to Cuba.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:05 pm

martin14 martin14:

Gotta ask yourself why is Egypt blockading Gaza ?

I never get any answer to that question, never mind a decent one.

They don't want to inherit the Gaza mess themselves, or a swarm of refugees. Hamas are aligned with the Brotherhood, the main opposition party in Egypt. Hamas are as much a destabilizing force in Egypt as they are in Gaza.

$1:
It looks to me like the Israelis dont really give a hoot about PR anymore,
they know they are going to get kicked no matter what they do.

Wish I could believe that. Both sides have armies at the ready to write op-eds and letters to the editors every time someone farts. I always say if tehy put as much effort into trying to get along as they did into their respective PR campaigns, they'd have licked this thing years ago.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:08 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
I always say if tehy put as much effort into trying to get along as they did into their respective PR campaigns, they'd have licked this thing years ago.

Probably the most intelligent thing said in this thread. R=UP

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:12 pm

HyperionTheEvil HyperionTheEvil:
Aside from the fact that they are as fanatically batshit as they people they claim to be trying to destroy them...

Geee after a million of your people had been sent to the gas chambers because they are Jewish, you have the Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad threatening to wipe you off the map, and of course Palestinian human bombers taking out city buses and neighborhood cafe's and the governing body of Palestine, Hamas, wants to destroy Israel and take their land... fuck why would Israel have any reason to be "fanatically batshit" as you claim. :roll:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:28 pm

Did you people notice that the wall seems to work ? When was the last time we heard of a suicide bombers in Israel ?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:34 pm

Proculation Proculation:
Did you people notice that the wall seems to work ? When was the last time we heard of a suicide bombers in Israel ?

Thats another thing the Palestinians failed with.

If they had any brains, they would be engaged with Israel,
making sure they got some concessions with the wall.

As it is, the Palestinians cry and wail, and the wall goes up anyways.
Without thier input, thanks to thier superior leaders.

As Sandorski likes to say,

FAIL !

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:45 pm

Gee probably a million gypsies were gassed too....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:54 pm

Wada Wada:
Gee probably a million gypsies were gassed too....

umm probably somewhere between 250,000 and 500,000.

Tough to say, really. The gypsies themselves kept very poor records, if any.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:41 pm

I was watching about 15 minutes of propaganda on CNN earlier where FreeGaza was being given a platform to preach. I had to go to youtube to hear the other side. Wish I could get FoxNews. Turns out the Israeli side is pretty persuasive.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:53 pm

martin14 martin14:
Anyone remember 1962 ? Wanna guess what would have happened if a ship had run
the blockade around Cuba while the US was watching ?

Or Al Queda announces that they'll be sending aid ships into Gitmo.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:57 pm

And you don't shoot IDF soldiers with bananas or medicaments...
I think they refused on purpose to make Israel angry and to be sure to be attacked. Just to make sure Israel looks like the bad guy.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:29 pm

There's some fascinating stuff on the Israeli Defense Forces site.

For instance...

$1:
The Ministry of Defense and the IDF allow the crossing of goods and equipment in a routine and frequent manner, and enable the transfer of people for medical, religious, welfare, business or diplomatic reasons. About a hundred of trucks containing aid are delivered everyday by the IDF. In the first quarter of the year 2010, 95,000 tons of supplies and 1068 tons of medicines and medical equipment were transferred in about 4,000 trucks. Also, at the time of swine flu epidemic fear, three Israelis hospitals were designated to treat patients from Gaza and 44,500 vaccinations were delivered into the Gaza Strip.

http://dover.idf.il/IDF/English/News/to ... 6/0302.htm

and did you know this?

$1:
As of right now, the State of Israel has loaded 25 trucks with various types of aid found onboard the flotilla. Expired medication, clothing, blankets, some medical equipment and toys were among the aid found on the ships. Some humanitarian aid is still waiting at the port of Ashdod. The CoGAT is acting in coordination with international aid organizations operating in the Gaza Strip which are waiting for the transfer of the cargo on the other side of the border.

Unfortunately, the Hamas terror organization is unwilling to accept the cargo and the trucks filled with humanitarian aid have not been allowed to enter the Gaza Strip. It appears that Hamas is in fact stopping the transfer of the humanitarian aid. Hamas did not explain his opposition to the transfer of the aid.

I know CNN doesn't seem to know any of that.

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:31 pm

They said it was humanitarian aid but when the IDF arrived, the "humanitarians" shooted at the soldiers. They were saying it was aid but I don't think arms are 'humanitarian aid'.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:38 pm

No, it was aid on the flotilla. There is some question as to how useful a lot of that stuff on the flotilla was though. But that's not the point. They want an Iranian managed port in Gaza to deliver arms and jihadi-pests to Hamas. That's the point.

Last edited by N_Fiddledog on Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:40 pm

If the protesters started picking up weapons and fired that the Israeli authorities is not a peaceful protest, it becomes a police/military action.

Normally I would have agreed with the protesters but not when they pull stunts like this. The Israeli police would be justified in responding with force and arresting the trouble makers involved.

Just what the world need more AH trouble makers.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 302 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 7  8  9  10  11  12  13 ... 21  Next