CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 50938
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:27 am
 


kenmore wrote:
RUEZ wrote:
kenmore wrote:
You kill me with your stupid posts like this one... there are lots killed by avoiding animals all over Canada... yet another jab at Québec by the resident twit.

Please, you targeted Alberta with constant insults. You have nothing to complain about.


Who invited the ultimate loser to join the conversation... don't recall asking for your opinion...

Hmm, it's a public forum. I don't think anyone needs anyones permission to give their opinion. :roll:


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs


GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
Profile
Posts: 20460
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:29 am
 


Brenda wrote:
Hmm, it's a public forum. I don't think anyone needs anyones permission to give their opinion. :roll:


I don't recall allowing you to post this. :P


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
Profile
Posts: 4183
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:39 am
 


I agree, it is a sad story.

All drivers are responsible for where they are headed. I disagree with agressive and sudden stops, but the fact in the matter is they are likely to happen at anytime. If the driver behind you is unable to stop, then they are following too close. Following too close is a form of aggressive driving that should not be encouraged, even when there are tragic circumstances.


Online
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9839
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:25 pm
 


andyt wrote:
herbie wrote:
Guess what guys. If you hit a stopped car, you're the one at fault. Following too close or not paying attention.
So inflexible a rule that if someone cuts in front of you and compression brakes (I had witnesses testify no brake lights came on, measurements of HIS skidmarks), you're at fault if you hit them.

If you live in Vancouver, this happens plenty on the Stanley Park Causeway. Not the crashes, we're all used to people stopping for the bloody ducks.


Or the touri stopping in the middle of the Sea to Sky to take pictures. You have to have a good reason to stop - if you just stop suddenly for no reason it's your fault. But compression braking is hardly stopping is it - just slowing down. Was this a truck with compression brakes?


Nah, old Charger. Raced up on the right lane cut right in front of me in the left lane, left a good 15ft of skid trying to make a left. Must've done $15 maybe $20 damage to it's rear bumper and took the whole freaking nose off my old O24.
But that's the way the traffic laws are written. You can stop for any reason unless there's a sign that says no stopping. And the guy's brake lights would've come on if he had applied the brakes. The cops checked that right away. So said The Judge.
Sea to Sky is where I was driving a 5 ton down the hill into Brittania and the twat in front of me was going about 45 kmh. Brakes were fading, I was gaining and I blasted the horn and put on the blinker to pass (illegal, but safer than running him over). The twat decided to 'teach me a lesson' and slammed on his brakes.
I passed him alright, he ended up in the gravel.
That's when you worry. Assholes like that, so fucking dumb they don't know the lesson is they'll be dead and I'll get 3 demerit points!


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Previous  1  2



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: xerxes and 10 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.