canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:15 pm

Don't cloud his opinion with facts Bacardi. Cops were involved, so they had to be in the wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:51 pm

Bacardi4206 Bacardi4206:
I am calling bullshit based on the fact there is no need for TCC drivers at the time being TCC bus's were shut down for the protests. A lot of workers were told to stay home that day. So I am calling bullshit on the fact some random TCC worker was just roaming the streets "going to work".

$1:
After a TTC supervisor arrived to vouch for him, he thought he’d be released but was sent to the Eastern Ave. detention centre instead.

Calling bullshit on his supervisor too?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:47 pm

I know I don't live in TO, so pardon my ignorance, but you have fare collectors on your buses in TO? The story clearly says he was a fare collector (not a driver) and was on his way to the Queens Park subway station for his 6 o'clock shift. Sounds like he was going to work at the subway. Was it shut down? Obviously his supervisor was working, since he came to vouch for him - would he vouch for him if Yao was not scheduled to work that day? Is TCC only for buses, not for the subway?

So who's bullshitting who here?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:53 am

@Curtman, you were stating I diddn't bother to read the article. I did however but perhaps you should read my comments instead. I diddn't say his supervisor vouching for him was bullshit. I infact said that was his only creditable statement that I believed. So what exactly is the point of that post? Assuming however you did bother to read my comment.

@andyt, subway, bus's, etc were all mainly closed down for the protest areas. As stated above, TCC wouldn't go near the protest areas as it was on lockdown by both cops and protestors. Giving that fact, yes we do have toll collectors but what use would he be if nobody would be allowed to take the subway in that area. Being all the subways that were active in other parts of Toronto all passed by the protest zones. So yes, who's bullshitting who?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:23 am

Bacardi4206 Bacardi4206:
@andyt, subway, bus's, etc were all mainly closed down for the protest areas. As stated above, TCC wouldn't go near the protest areas as it was on lockdown by both cops and protestors.

Who's TCC anyway?

$1:
Summit security encourages people to avoid driving and take TTC. Subway stations will stay open but some surface routes will be diverted. The 504 King St. streetcar will run as usual but the 509 and 510 streetcars will bypass the Queens Quay station at Bay St., which closes from June 25-27.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:32 am

Curtman Curtman:
EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Ok Harper and the cops fault then.

No, mostly just Harper. You can't really blame the cops for failing an impossible mission.

$1:
He did not board his windows in preparation for the demonstration. “I was relying on the police,” he says. “I really did not believe the police would allow this to happen. That same day, in the morning, my friends said, ‘Close up and go home.’ I said, ‘Why?’ ”

$1:
“You’re standing in your store and someone comes to you like this?” continues Salimi, who has also lived in India and Pakistan. “I’ve never seen that before.”

Salimi checks his phone and sees that he called police at 4:15 p.m. on Saturday. “They said they couldn’t come. They said, ‘Protect yourself.’ ”

They said they couldn't come, not that they wouldn't come. I'd blame them if it was the latter.

Yawn.....more cop hating from our resident ex-drug trafficker.

Boring.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:25 am

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Yawn.....more cop hating from our resident ex-drug trafficker.

Boring.

Settle down there drunk and disorderly.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:26 am

Hic, got any weed Curt? What's in that big garbage bag on your back-seat?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:31 am

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Hic, got any weed Curt? What's in that big garbage bag on your back-seat?

Nope.. That's a change of clothes for your mom.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:05 am

Here's another one of those media conspirators spinning her bullshit about how peaceful demonstrators were arrested:

$1:
Swept from a peaceful protest

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/facts-and-arguments/swept-from-a-peaceful-protest/article1624908/

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:11 am

I remember one of The Globe guys getting really nasty with us when we wouldn't let him up Spadina while the arrests were ongoing on Sunday. He had a really bad attitude.

It's a pity that the 73% of people who live in Toronto don't agree with the Globe. Funny that eh?

The Globe has been sooooo supportive of the police on this.

Find us another media link andy. They all seem to agree with you and curt but not the 73% of Toronto residents and the police.

Doesn't that seem strange eh?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:55 am

These few days of the g20 are just a test by the government and the police , of What they can get away with............What laws and rights can be wiped out ...And how far they can go.......... The cop cheerleaders and rightwing thugs who believe anyone can be arrested on trumped up charges and be assaulted in the name of security are the true threat to CANADIAN life..................

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:14 am

Interesting start to the story. I wonder when we'll get the other side of it, until then why bother commenting. Just randomly tackled him to the ground without warning eh? Normally does not happen unless one was warned first so makes me suspect. If that's true and if he was not where he should not have been then there is an issue, but we don't know half the story.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:55 am

Benn Benn:
I wonder when we'll get the other side of it, until then why bother commenting.

We won't get anything like that without an impartial inquiry, and there won't be an inquiry without people commenting.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:14 pm

An inquiry for the 27% of people who didn't agree with police actions so they can whine again about how their rights to trample on others rights were curtailed.

Yea, you've lost the public battle despite a media that hasn't stopped saying how bad the cops were but now you want to try again on getting your whiny voice heard.

What's the grounds for a public enquiry?

Demonstrators killed by police?

Police killed by demonstrators?

An inordinate amount of injuries?

Not enough sandwiches while the arrested masses were in detention? Only hard toilet roll?

More idiocy from Mr Not-Credible.

The people you support without a cause lost when they tried to bully the police.
They lost the battle of public opinion by a large margin but you sore losers want to keep on whining.

How many threads have we had on this now? And your ‘argument’ still fails to resonate, even on a forum.

Curt, you are now just boring us all.

I'll wait for your 'last word' as we all know you like to post something snarky and petty when you've lost.