CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 29509
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:32 am
 


Title: French mother confesses to killing eight babies
Category: Law & Order
Posted By: andyt
Date: 2010-07-29 09:26:20
Canadian


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33492
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:32 am
 


Quote:
A 38-year-old Frenchwoman was sentenced in March to 15 years in prison for killing six babies at birth between 2000 and 2007.


Too bad she's not in Canada. She'd get counselling and victim's compensation.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 65472
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:55 am
 


andyt wrote:
Quote:
A 38-year-old Frenchwoman was sentenced in March to 15 years in prison for killing six babies at birth between 2000 and 2007.


Too bad she's not in Canada. She'd get counselling and victim's compensation.


Too bad she's not in the Netherlands where she could've had a doctor do this for her.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33492
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:57 am
 


Abortion is legal on-request in France in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy (first trimester).


Offline
Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
Profile
Posts: 579
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:02 am
 


Experts say such killings often involve "denial of pregnancy," when women refuse to accept they are pregnant, sometimes leading to the murder of their children at birth.
Bull...t, sounds like an excuse to murder a life because they don't want anymore kids. Ever hear of birth control? it's not like this is a story from some undeveloped country.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33492
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:06 am
 


CrazyNewfie wrote:
Experts say such killings often involve "denial of pregnancy," when women refuse to accept they are pregnant, sometimes leading to the murder of their children at birth.
Bull...t, sounds like an excuse to murder a life because they don't want anymore kids. Ever hear of birth control? it's not like this is a story from some undeveloped country.


I'm sure she has heard of birth control, and abortion is available too, so I think this is a little more complex than you are making out. I doubt if anybody is too lazy to use birth control or seek an abortion, but says to themselves "meh, I think I'll just kill the kids once I've given birth to them." I think there's a few bats fluttering around the belfry of both her and hubby.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 6575
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:07 am
 


andyt wrote:
Abortion is legal on-request in France in the first 12 weeks of pregnancy (first trimester).

And here it's legal in the first 40 weeks. (just saying, i'm not against abortion)


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 65472
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:27 am
 


In the Netherlands the Groningen Protocol allows doctors to kill babies that are terminally ill or that require expensive medical treatments and the protocol has been widely reported to allow unwanted babies to be euthanized at up to 28 days after being born.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33492
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:29 am
 


BartSimpson wrote:
In the Netherlands the Groningen Protocol allows doctors to kill babies that are terminally ill or that require expensive medical treatments and the protocol has been widely reported to allow unwanted babies to be euthanized at up to 28 days after being born.


I have no problem killing babies that are terminally ill anyway. The rest sounds a bit over the top.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 50938
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:33 am
 


andyt wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:
In the Netherlands the Groningen Protocol allows doctors to kill babies that are terminally ill or that require expensive medical treatments and the protocol has been widely reported to allow unwanted babies to be euthanized at up to 28 days after being born.


I have no problem killing babies that are terminally ill anyway. The rest sounds a bit over the top.

It is. It is totally bullshit.
Euthanasia is legal under strict rules, and parents have the last word. Abortion is legal (after a 5 day waiting (or more, rethinking) period, up till 13 weeks. It is legal up till 24 weeks if the baby or the mother has a really great risk of dying when the pregnancy continues. After that, the baby is able to live outside the womb, and will be given that chance. If it survives, it does, if not, it won't. Everything will be done to keep the baby alive, unless it's against the parents will.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 14711
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:02 pm
 


Quote:
Cottrez told police she had not informed her husband about the pregnancies or her decision to kill the babies. Her large build would have made it easier for her to hide the pregnancies, the prosecutor said.


If this is true, there's a village in France that's missing it's idiot.

They were newborns not pregnancy terminations. So either he wasn't the father and never had sex with her or like I said above, he's as thick as two short planks. 8O


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 6575
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:26 pm
 


Brenda wrote:
andyt wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:
In the Netherlands the Groningen Protocol allows doctors to kill babies that are terminally ill or that require expensive medical treatments and the protocol has been widely reported to allow unwanted babies to be euthanized at up to 28 days after being born.


I have no problem killing babies that are terminally ill anyway. The rest sounds a bit over the top.

It is. It is totally bullshit.
Euthanasia is legal under strict rules, and parents have the last word. Abortion is legal (after a 5 day waiting (or more, rethinking) period, up till 13 weeks. It is legal up till 24 weeks if the baby or the mother has a really great risk of dying when the pregnancy continues. After that, the baby is able to live outside the womb, and will be given that chance. If it survives, it does, if not, it won't. Everything will be done to keep the baby alive, unless it's against the parents will.

That's seem totally fair and normal. Except the euthanasia, it looks more strict than here.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 50938
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:33 pm
 


Proculation wrote:
Brenda wrote:
It is. It is totally bullshit.
Euthanasia is legal under strict rules, and parents have the last word. Abortion is legal (after a 5 day waiting (or more, rethinking) period, up till 13 weeks. It is legal up till 24 weeks if the baby or the mother has a really great risk of dying when the pregnancy continues. After that, the baby is able to live outside the womb, and will be given that chance. If it survives, it does, if not, it won't. Everything will be done to keep the baby alive, unless it's against the parents will.

That's seem totally fair and normal. Except the euthanasia, it looks more strict than here.

I am not familiar with the rules here, but in The Netherlands, it is only legal when you are terminally ill, and expected to die soon, and you have to have a second opinion from an impartial doctor, who agrees with you and your doctor.
The family doctor can do the actual euthanasia, at home, if you so wish. You get a muscle relaxant and a sleeping pill, and then the "final shot", that stops your heart.

If you do not have that second opinion, and your doctor still performs euthanasia, he can be prosecuted for murder.
Just the statement "I do not want to live anymore" is not enough.

Usually, it shortens your life (and your suffering) with a few days to a week.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 6575
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:51 pm
 


Euthanasia is illegal here but i'm quite sure it happens quite often. A little more morphine given to the terminally ill patient for a prolonged relief.

I was more talking about the abortion law when talking about "more strict than here". In Canada, it is totally legal to abort 1 day before giving birth.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 50938
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:04 pm
 


Proculation wrote:
Euthanasia is illegal here but i'm quite sure it happens quite often. A little more morphine given to the terminally ill patient for a prolonged relief.

I was more talking about the abortion law when talking about "more strict than here". In Canada, it is totally legal to abort 1 day before giving birth.

Oh, I'm sorry, I misread that :oops:

Yeah, I know, and I have trouble with that... I'm very pro-choice, but that doesn't mean I agree with aborting a baby that could survive outside the womb, for no medical reason...


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.