Title: Sarkozy crackdown on foreign-born criminals
Category: Law & Order
Posted By: maldonsfecht
Date: 2010-07-31 09:00:03

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:03 am

I love this idea... Get it going in a few more places and we might straighten away a few problems in Europe and closer to home... :-D
Citizenship is still a privilege when granted to foreign nationals...

Anaheim Ducks
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:00 pm

Well holy crap!!! Is France finally growing a set of balls???

This is an initiative I could get behind 100%. :D

I wonder if Harper is following this as he takes the summer off....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:07 pm

$1:
and the immediate expulsion of Bulgarian and Romanian Roma who had committed public order offences.
Why limit it to that group. Apply it to everybody who's in the country illegally. And apply it to all non-citizens who commit any crime of a serious nature. And I agree, we should do the same.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:02 pm

I surprised that this already isn't the case. I think any such violent and serious crime should result in expulsion. But being carefull not to go overboard like here where even being late for a small payment or flipping the bird can end you in the slammer and/or on a ride back home. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:25 pm

maldonsfecht maldonsfecht:
I love this idea... Get it going in a few more places and we might straighten away a few problems in Europe and closer to home... :-D
Citizenship is still a privilege when granted to foreign nationals...

A privilege? Really? All you have to do is stay in Canada for three years, write a piss-easy test and presto! You don't even have to speak English or French, we will let you write the test in whatever language you want.

You are a Canadian. Easy peesy. Bring your old relatives over right now.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:29 pm

Well you have to give a pretty extensive test with good results in either English or French to even apply for a residence visa. First time I' hearing about this.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:33 pm

Extensive test my arse. The tick test is well easy. In any language.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:33 pm

No need to be a citizen to bring your family over. PR is enough.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 2:36 pm

desertdude desertdude:
Well you have to give a pretty extensive test with good results in either English or French to even apply for a residence visa. First time I' hearing about this.

You don't need a good result to apply for a visa. You need a good result to get points. Some people do not need the points, because they got them through other means. The language test gives you max 14 (or 16?) points out of 100 that you can get, an you only need 67.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:17 pm

There's a story on the paper about 2 English profs who are being forced to write the English exam, and are wailing bloody murder about it. I say great, treat everyone equally. If they are English profs, they should have no trouble passing it.

And as somebody pointed out, do we really not have Canadians that can teach English at our unis?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:55 pm

andyt andyt:
There's a story on the paper about 2 English profs who are being forced to write the English exam, and are wailing bloody murder about it. I say great, treat everyone equally. If they are English profs, they should have no trouble passing it.

And as somebody pointed out, do we really not have Canadians that can teach English at our unis?

I have no sympathy for them either but we have hundreds of thousands of people coming into Canada every year that can't speak either language.

It's a two-tier immigration system. Those who obey the rules and those who don't but still get in.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:04 am

Why stop at foreign born?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:08 am

Back in the day immigration was even easier, just jump on a boat from Southampton harbour, and off to the new world. Yay.

I don't support citizenship stripping, it's a dangerous precedent, and it always leads to a dangerous scenario.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:28 am

andyt andyt:
$1:
and the immediate expulsion of Bulgarian and Romanian Roma who had committed public order offences.
Why limit it to that group. Apply it to everybody who's in the country illegally. And apply it to all non-citizens who commit any crime of a serious nature. And I agree, we should do the same.

It wont be limited.. but 80% of offenses are committed by the same 20%
of the population.