Title: Russia wants to supply all of China's gas needs
Category: World
Posted By: wildrosegirl
Date: 2010-09-27 07:15:53

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 New York Rangers
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:37 am

That's one god way for Russian to get its hands around China's throat.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:43 am

GreenTiger wrote:
That's one god way for Russian to get its hands around China's throat.

Yup, bad idea for the Chinese, like it is for the Euros too.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:55 am

I wouldn't trust the Russians to supply my power. The Euro's are on borrowed time until the next energy stunt that Russia will pull.

I would never invest in anything in Russia until they sort themselves out in a few hundred years.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:58 am

Russia wants to CONTROL all of China's gas needs

There, that's better. :wink:

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:19 am

In 50 years time China will be at the mercy of African dictators and Russian king presidents.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:27 am

CommanderSock wrote:
In 50 years time China will be at the mercy of African dictators and Russian king presidents.

Unless they've used their wealth to build up the most powerful army in the world, then they'll act like the US has until now.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:32 am

andyt wrote:
CommanderSock wrote:

Unless they've used their wealth to build up the most powerful army in the world, then they'll act like the US has until now.

The USA doesn't get its resources from Russia. If they did, they would do what??? Adjust their collars from the heat?

Russia is not Iraq, Iran, Panama, Grenada, or El Salvador. And South Africa had nukes until 1992. I'm sure the blueprints are sitting around.

America bullies tiny countries. They can't mess around with big boys, let alone big population nation states.

I still think China will need to kiss ass and bribe resource rich countries, or plugs will be pulled and Chinese nationals and companies expelled. Or as Putin does it "taps will be turned off".

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:20 pm

I'm fine with Russia supplying all of China's gas needs on the condition that Russia is fine with Canada supplying all of CHina's oil needs.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:18 pm

Arctic_Menace wrote:
I'm fine with Russia supplying all of China's gas needs on the condition that Russia is fine with Canada supplying all of CHina's oil needs.

Canada gas production 3.289 million bbl/day (2009 est.)

China oil consumption 8.2 million bbl/day (2009 est.)

I don't even think its possible for Canada to produce 8.2 million bbl/day even if we tried

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:59 am

Wouldn't give give Russia a greater need to occupy Canada northern arctic claiming they have rights to the oil and gas???

I think this is a slippery slop to what will be the next world confrontation over oil and gas rights.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:56 am

Let them supply china, and when they run out in 25 years we can take over supply when prices are higher, with natural gas and oil we wisely preserve.

Atleast I hope it would work out that way.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:10 am

Who cares if Russia wants to sell gas to China. Every time China or Russia is in the news about business it seems to be people say its a nefarious plot to control a country. Every time we do it we are investing for the future.

Russia has every right to seek China's business and China has every right to do business with whom they please. China is not about to hand over control of their country to Russia any more then Russia wants to try and control it. They couldn't control their own soviet union or Afghanistan so why on earth would they attempt it on a much much larger scale?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:15 am

It's easier to drown/starve/freeze/outright kill off a population that it is to control it. And it can use these meathods to control a population.

Just look at the NAZIs in WWII.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:29 am

Canadian_Mind wrote:
It's easier to drown/starve/freeze/outright kill off a population that it is to control it. And it can use these meathods to control a population.

Just look at the NAZIs in WWII.

Or what the US did in Vietnam during Operation Ranch Hand? Why would Russia want to do that to China? Virtually every time Russia and/or China is in the news some people on this forum behave as if its nothing more then a plot by Spectre for global domination? China can't even buy a box of bullets for its military without people on here accusing them of directly provoking war with the west meanwhile we invest billions in a new plane designed to fight only 2 other countries in the world, Russia & China.

Both of those countries realize that they will never achieve what they want through conquest and can easily get it through peaceful means, investment, and cooperation.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/26/opini ... ef=opinion

China is busy investing billions in its infrastructure and economy while we are wasting billions fighting an unwinable war against an enemy that at its best can inflict only a fraction of the damage we do to ourselves.

Quote:
China is doing moon shots. Yes, that’s plural. When I say “moon shots” I mean big, multibillion-dollar, 25-year-horizon, game-changing investments. China has at least four going now: one is building a network of ultramodern airports; another is building a web of high-speed trains connecting major cities; a third is in bioscience, where the Beijing Genomics Institute this year ordered 128 DNA sequencers — from America — giving China the largest number in the world in one institute to launch its own stem cell/genetic engineering industry; and, finally, Beijing just announced that it was providing $15 billion in seed money for the country’s leading auto and battery companies to create an electric car industry, starting in 20 pilot cities. In essence, China Inc. just named its dream team of 16-state-owned enterprises to move China off oil and into the next industrial growth engine: electric cars.

China isn't doing all of that only to find themselves kowtowing to Russia and Russia isn't doing anything us "capitalist" countries haven't been doing for the past few generations.