CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:30 am

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
andyt andyt:
I bet a lot of smokers on this forum get all self-righteous about "those scummy drug addicts" and how they should be locked up, or even shot. (I've read just such statements on this forum.)

Oh hell, I've seen alcoholics with the same attitude. I don't mean ppl that drink, I mean fall down, slobber all over everything drunks.

Alcoholics go to meetings. Drunks do not.

I don't have a drinking problem. I drink, get drunk, and fall down without any problem.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:31 am

DerbyX DerbyX:
andyt andyt:
I bet a lot of smokers on this forum get all self-righteous about "those scummy drug addicts" and how they should be locked up, or even shot. (I've read just such statements on this forum.)

Oh hell, I've seen alcoholics with the same attitude. I don't mean ppl that drink, I mean fall down, slobber all over everything drunks.

Alcoholics go to meetings. Drunks do not.

I don't have a drinking problem. I drink, get drunk, and fall down without any problem.

I used to have a drinking problem, I kept running our of booze.

Last edited by PublicAnimalNo9 on Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:31 am

Wada Wada:
Well if ya read it it must be true. XD

It is true - I did read those comments on this board. One guy wanted to shoot all addicts in the back of the head. So really, you're right, since I read it, it's true that I read it. Pretty solid logic you got there.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:38 am

I used to have a drinking problem, I kept running our of booze.

I used to have a drinking problem. I kept falling off my bar stool. Now I drink on the floor to save time.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:44 am

andyt andyt:
We all have our vices. If yours is smoking, go at it. I just think your vice should be treated like any other drug. And I would certainly appreciate it if you didn't blow smoke around me. Makes me retch while I'm trying to push my pushmower. (You see I am perfect).

...and you NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILL use 'real wood' campfires, or burn wood in a fireplace or wood stove or...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:48 am

Yogi Yogi:
andyt andyt:
We all have our vices. If yours is smoking, go at it. I just think your vice should be treated like any other drug. And I would certainly appreciate it if you didn't blow smoke around me. Makes me retch while I'm trying to push my pushmower. (You see I am perfect).

...and you NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILL use 'real wood' campfires, or burn wood in a fireplace or wood stove or...

Well never is a big word. Not for quite some time.

Not sure what your point is. I live a normal life. Drive a car, tho only infrequently, heat my home with gas, buy food that's been trucked in etc etc. Pretty hard to live without doing those things unless you live in a mud hut.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:58 am

andyt andyt:
Yogi Yogi:
andyt andyt:

Not sure what your point is. I live a normal life. Drive a car, tho only infrequently, heat my home with gas, buy food that's been trucked in etc etc. Pretty hard to live without doing those things unless you live in a mud hut.

but....but...but... the carcinogens that YOU are directly responsible for releasing into the atmosphere (read; environment
Someone else used the word sanctimonious I'll add the word HYPOCRITE!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:05 am

Warning labels won't help.

I think each pack of cigarettes should be electrified/wrapped in barbed/razor wire, so that every time someone is stupid enough to buy a pack, they'll get a shot of pain. Then everyone but the masochists would quit! :lol: :twisted:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:06 am

Yogi Yogi:
andyt andyt:
Yogi Yogi:

but....but...but... the carcinogens that YOU are directly responsible for releasing into the atmosphere (read; environment

Very easy, there Yogi. We all release carcinogens into the atmosphere. So your argument is nobody can say anything about the environment unless they don't pollute at all? To do that they would have to be dead and decomposed (since even in decomposition we would be releasing stored toxins).

As I said, I think smoking should be legal but treated the way marijuana would be if it was legalized - ie well regulated. I'm not worried about smokers releasing carcinogens into the general atmosphere since their contributions, as you've pointed out, vs other sources are minuscule. I am worried about smokers releasing carcinogens into the particular part of the atmosphere that I'm trying to breathe in at the moment, since the concentration of carcinogens there would be much higher. And it just makes we retch.

But hey, you want to do your drug of choice, be my guest.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:08 am

bootlegga bootlegga:

I think each pack of cigarettes should be electrified/wrapped in barbed/razor wire, so that every time someone is stupid enough to buy a pack, they'll get a shot of pain. Then everyone but the masochists would quit! :lol: :twisted:

They do help, because they make the packaging less attractive - they just have to cover most of the package. And it's not a magic cure or anything. But there's no cost associated with it either, so why not go for it?

Maybe they could insert some sort of chip in the packages, that when you open it goes "you fucking idiot..." Or just the sound of somebody hacking up their lungs.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:20 am

bootlegga bootlegga:

Excellent idea Boots. R=UP I'll get right behind that idea,as long as the same packaging methods are applied to all ALCOHOL BEVERAGES including a glass of wine with dinner!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:23 am

andyt andyt:
Yogi Yogi:
andyt andyt:

Very easy, there Yogi. We all release carcinogens into the atmosphere. So your argument is nobody can say anything about the environment unless they don't pollute at all? To do that they would have to be dead and decomposed (since even in decomposition we would be releasing stored toxins).

As I said, I think smoking should be legal but treated the way marijuana would be if it was legalized - ie well regulated. I'm not worried about smokers releasing carcinogens into the general atmosphere since their contributions, as you've pointed out, vs other sources are minuscule. I am worried about smokers releasing carcinogens into the particular part of the atmosphere that I'm trying to breathe in at the moment, since the concentration of carcinogens there would be much higher. And it just makes we retch.

But hey, you want to do your drug of choice, be my guest.

[/quoteExactly my point! NO ONE has the right to get sanctimonious about anothers behaviour that they themselves are guilty of practising! Lest they shall be labelled a hypocrite!

Last edited by Yogi on Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:23 am

Yogi Yogi:
bootlegga bootlegga:

Excellent idea Boots. R=UP I'll get right behind that idea,as long as the same packaging methods are applied to all ALCOHOL BEVERAGES including a glass of wine with dinner!

A glass or two of wine at dinner is healthy. Can't say the same for the smoke afterwards. If I have a glass of wine, it affects only myself, if I smoke around others I'm forcing them to smoke whether they want to or not. Including any children present.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:26 am

Yogi Yogi:
NO ONE has the right to get sanctimonious about anothers behaviour that they themselves are guilty of practising! Lest they shall be labelled a hypocrite!

Oh, I've been called lots worse. Again, by your argument nobody could say anything about the environment, since us just being alive pollutes it. So by your reasoning we should all just not worry, be happy, and spew out as much shit as we want. I guess the nicotine is destroying your higher brain centers. Or, thou just protests too much because you know you're wrong.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:05 am

Yogi Yogi:
bootlegga bootlegga:

When a glass of wine directly affects the health those nearby, then fine. From your POV, I could see doing it for the big bottles of hard liquor and flats of beer though (maybe to help discourage binge drinking).

But really, it's fine by me, I don't smoke and hardly ever drink...

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 ... 8  Next