Date: 2010-11-18 08:31:37
Canadian

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:42 am

Symptoms of the girls starting to show their age?

While I really don't like the process behind buying a replacement, I'm more concerned about this turning into another Sea King fiasco.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:57 am

The USAF is starting to chatter about ordering more F22's given that the F35 is not looking like it'll be up to snuff or ready in time to replace the F18. F16, and F15. I'd say it's time for Canada to fold on the 35 and consider ordering another run of the 18s.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:40 pm

Canada is one of the few nations fully entrusted on how to service and maintain the F18. Most ITAR agreements required the failed parts to go back to the USA for repair. The US finds all this repair a pain in the arse.

If Canada commited to the F18 while the USA is trying to dump their international commitments for service and repair........it might mean that Canada will be allowed to pick up the service work ( some of it civilian) for the F18 worldwide. Just some speculation on my part.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:35 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
The USAF is starting to chatter about ordering more F22's given that the F35 is not looking like it'll be up to snuff or ready in time to replace the F18. F16, and F15. I'd say it's time for Canada to fold on the 35 and consider ordering another run of the 18s.

Again, why we should hold a competition. And I also don't think we should consider any military aircraft we can't get the same deal on as we did the F-18s.

And pardon me for not putting this in my first post, but I'm glad the pilot made it out alright.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:38 pm

Ditto that last thought. [B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:31 pm

Maybe we should get Spitfires. Nobody is going to attack us eh? Spit's look cool and we flew them before......

I bet Bombardier could build them for about two bucks less than we paid for the CF18's.

And kudos to the Air Command pilot of the CF18 who is now about 2 inches shorter than he was at breakfast!

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:09 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Maybe we should get Spitfires. Nobody is going to attack us eh? Spit's look cool and we flew them before......

I bet Bombardier could build them for about two bucks less than we paid for the CF18's.

And kudos to the Air Command pilot of the CF18 who is now about 2 inches shorter than he was at breakfast!

And probably ten pounds lighter!