bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:43 pm

Johnny_H Johnny_H:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

As seen in use today by Bugle Major and Bandsmen of the Light Division. Astrakhan hats were common wear in the late Victorian era for Rifle Regiments.

Yep, the Brits certainly can't slag anybody else for wearing weird fucking headgear. Keeps the bats in the belfry I guess.

But I certainly wasn't thinking of this had when I said Astrakhan hats look elegant.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:48 pm

Silly hats are all part of our charm andy.....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:51 pm

That and bad teeth and warm beer.

Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:53 pm

Bad teeth I think is a myth and warm beer is excellent! Most of our Canadian beer is watered down lager at best :lol: .

I'm pretty sure dentists appointments are covered in the government health care system (in U.K.)? Here its extremely expensive unless you have a nice job that covers it for you and your family.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:00 pm

andyt andyt:

My teeth are sparkling and white like a proper Canadian's. I drink Stella. How's that igloo of yours andy? Eh?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:04 pm

$1:
Most of our Canadian beer is watered down lager at best

now that is over the line. i think a few mouthfuls of Unibroue's "Maudite" would have you thinking otherwise...once the smack of perfection had cleared from your sinus.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:05 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
andyt andyt:

My teeth are sparkling and white like a proper Canadian's. I drink Stella. How's that igloo of yours andy? Eh?

Unfortunately it just hasn't snowed enough here, and the snow we get isn't really suited for igloo building. But I have built them in the mountains and they are great. Or, helped build them, it's quite an art.

But it's good to see you've adapted to our culture. Such as it is.

Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:07 pm

billypilgrim billypilgrim:
$1:
Most of our Canadian beer is watered down lager at best

now that is over the line. i think a few mouthfuls of Unibroue's "Maudite" would have you thinking otherwise...once the smack of perfection had cleared from your sinus.

Microbrewed stuff is a totally different ballpark, if were talking micro brwery beer than the Americans also have amazing stuff to offer. The bigger beer like Molson, Keith's, etc. Is basically cheap lager at best. I should clarify.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:12 pm

$1:
The bigger beer like Molson, Keith's, etc. Is basically cheap lager at best.

absolutely.. and strangely, many folks think Keith's is a real IPA. weirder yet, they think it's 'good stuff'. personally i couldn't tell the difference between keith's, coors lite, anything by molson, or labbatt's. for all i know, they've all been pissed out the same pipe.

anyway, i'm sure mr. brock will agree that my opinions on beer are indeed of value while discussing Harper and that scheister bastard Karzai.

Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:14 pm

The new Keith's Harvest Beer wasn't bad it actually resembled an "Ale" or "Bitter" more than that god awful "Keiths Staghead Stout" later named "Keiths Dark" resembles anything other than a dark watered down mess.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:21 pm

Well, I quite like the nitro-keg versions of Boddingtons and they are a bit stronger than the draught version served in the environs of sunny Mancunia. Some of the Yorkshire-mutant-bastard beer is pretty good too. Sam Smiths, Tetley's etc.

Robinsons Bitter from Stockport used to be a bit of a gamble but a good pint is a glorious one. Since nitrogen-kegs appeard on the scene, the adverse effect that travel had on these tender soft-water brews has been mitigated.

Southern English beer doesn't do it for me. Wadworths etc, hard-water beer just isn't as tasty and there is no natural head. It looks flat, tastes like piss and the pub is usually full of Southern Jessies giving you hard stares.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:24 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Well, I quite like the nitro-keg versions of Boddingtons and they are a bit stronger than the draught version served in the environs of sunny Mancunia. Some of the Yorkshire-mutant-bastard beer is pretty good too. Sam Smiths, Tetley's etc.

Robinsons Bitter from Stockport used to be a bit of a gamble but a good pint is a glorious one. Since nitrogen-kegs appeard on the scene, the adverse effect that travel had on these tender soft-water brews has been mitigated.

Southern English beer doesn't do it for me. Wadworths etc, hard-water beer just isn't as tasty and there is no natural head. It looks flat, tastes like piss and the pub is usually full of Southern Jessies giving you hard stares.

And on the Korea thread we have:
The_Doctor The_Doctor:
Damn another continuation of a war. Why all this senseless death and suffering.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:26 pm

Beer talk is less hassle andy.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:27 pm

$1:
Some of the Yorkshire-mutant-bastard beer is pretty good too. Sam Smiths...

Sam Smiths! aaah! love it! ...don't spread this around: i even tried the strawberry 'seasonal' concoction, and it was frigging delicious.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:29 pm

EyeBrock EyeBrock:
Beer talk is less hassle andy.

I was making the connection between the Doc's quote and those "Jessies" staring at you.